Last Updated on Aug 10, 2020
A personal hotspot is important to use the internet on other WiFi devices. so people are confused to find your own device’s personal network from the list of same personal hotspot name. ios user has the biggest drawbacks and its problem that facing we right now. By default iPhone’s personal hotspot name is “iPhone”. Let’s get a guide on how to rename personal hotspot names on iPhone/iPad.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Keep your Personal Hotspot WiFi Name unique and easy to find among them.
You Might Like This: share WiFi password on iOS.
two or three WiFi name iPhone, which is yours. let’s differentiate your device name.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone. Next tap on General.
- Next to the About → Tap on the name field “iPhone”.
- Here you can type the name > Tap on Done to save, Now, your device that names with the unique and easy to identify from a list of other WiFi networks names.
- That’s it.
Check instant changes on other devices wifi name. Refresh the list or disable/ enable WiFi and rescan WiFi networks and join your network.
Change Personal Hotspot Name on iPhone
Time to Time, we have to change the Personal hotspot password for your iPhone because of Unauthorised Access your Mobile Data Through WiFi Hotspot. Here are the simple steps for Change Your WiFi personal hotspot password. Note: After Change the iPhone Hotspot password, I recommend forgetting old WiFi hotspot password saved on your Desktop, Otherwise your Desktop will try to connect with the old saved WiFi password. That’s the reason, why your iPhone’s personal hotspot not working with Laptop or Desktop.
- Open Settings app on iPhone > Scroll to Mobile Data/Cellular Data.
- Enable the Mobile Data > Tap on Personal Hotspot > Wi-Fi Password.
- Change WiFi Password and Tap on Done to save.
- That’s it.
Troubleshoot and Wrap Up
Still are you unable to connect your personal hotspot to rename. you might be changed personal hotspot WiFi network. Forgot old saved password or change from settings. Generally, you need to do on your Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows PC or Laptop or Mac (view saved wifi password on Mac).
- Delete Saved WiFi password on Windows 10: Open Settings on Windows 10 > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Known Network > Click on your iPhone name > Click on Forgot.
Now, Rejoin your iPhone WiFi hotspot to your Windows.
You have to do, on Other Smart devices.
It’s quite difficult to view or forgot saved WiFi passwords on Windows 10.