Last Updated on Nov 12, 2020
Are you exploring a way to quickly switch between apps in iOS on the iPhone? Let’s be ready; we will share it with you. Generally, Switch between apps concept has been changed in iOS. Along with it, Apple has also introduced an alternate multitasking option to close and to move from one app to another app.
Go below stepwise and know all about to close background apps and switch between two most recent Apps in the latest iOS with just one tap. Apple’s multitasking concepts through you also use specific classic feature Picture in Picture, Slide over and Spilt screen view.
How To Switch Between Apps on iPhone, iPad
iPhone: No Home button, Switch Between apps
- Swipe up the finger from the bottom edge to top until you see all apps in the App Switcher screen. Move the app by swipe left or Right. See the screen below for use gesture on iPhone, Switch between apps. (How to use app Switcher on iPhone)
- To close the app from the app switcher screen, swipe up to close the app.
- New iPhone models and iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Mac, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X. iPad users have to follow the same steps, Swipe up from the bottom iPad dock to up, until seeing the Apps Switcher screen on iPad.
Home Button iPhone
- Double Press on Home button to Move App Switcher screen on iPhone. Swipe the Apps left or Right to Find all recently opened apps in Background.
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then pause with your finger in the middle of the screen for a second until all of the application cards appear.
Use Assistive Touch for App Switcher screen
Enable Assistive touch (Virtual Home button), from iPhone settings app and Use App switcher shortcut to enable App Switcher on iPhone.
- Settings app on iPhone > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch > Enable Toggle for Assistive Touch > That’s it.
- Now Tap on Assistive Touch Button > Device > More (…) > App Switcher > That’s it
Using Home Button: Apps Switcher using the Home button
- Step 1. Let’s double-click on the Home button to see recently used apps on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Step 2. Now you will have to swipe left or right to view the app that you want to use. And Tap on the App.
- That’s it.
If you have iPhone 6S or later iPhone’s, then you can use an alternate way to switch between two apps using 3D touch. How to use 3D touch to see recently opened apps let’s see below.
How to Switch between Apps with 3D Touch on iPhone
- Step 1. Just press gently on the left edge of the iPhone screen, initially, it will take a little bit of time to get recently used apps.
- Step 2. Now Swipe just right side to access the app switcher. Now you can access and tap on the app that you wanted to open. This is a similar way that you’re implementing with a double-press home button.