iPhone and iPad touch screen lagging in iOS/iPadOS and sometimes for no reason touch screen not working of iPhone. Not only touch screen lagging while using the phone, but also the touch screen stopped on the call screen and accidentally clicks on the Home screen or app. What should be done to fix touch screen issues on iOS and iPadOS? Don’t worry, we have collected a few potential workarounds that will help you to get rid of this annoying error on iPhone and iPad.
At first, you must have to check the hardware of the iPhone/iPad, it might be possible that the screen keeps lagging and freezing just because of screen damage. Besides, it would be nice if you follow the same order of this troubleshoot as mentioned. Read on,
Fix Touch Screen Lagging and Freezing after Update to the latest version
Solution 1: Check the Physical Condition of iPhone/iPad
is your iPhone getting heated after the update? because Downloading New Software, Backup data, and Extracting software consumes more power. also, the Overall process is too long up to 30 to 45 minutes. The millions of operations Make your iPhone an unexpected response.
in such a case, Remove the back cover from your iPhone and try to make your iPhone gets into normal temperature.
- Don’t immediately use your iPhone, for Photo & Video recording.
- Don’t test any app or Game just after the software update.
- This problem happens mostly on old models. Because of the not powerful processor. so it’s normal. Still we have covered some importat fixes on your iPhone screen Lagging & Unresponsive.
- Make sure your iPhone is installed Beta version of iPad. if installed the remove Beta profile from iPhone settings [Open Settings app > General > VPN & Device Management > Select Installed Profile > Delete] and Wait for next public iOS release, and you will get new public iOS update only that time.
- Clean your iPhone screen with cotton fiber cloth.
- The issue with Screen Protector, Remove and check.
- Installed Third-Party Screen or Replace after damage.
- Call failed or Hand on calling screen, Put your iPhone is airplane mode, and Turn off after 10 to 20 seconds. Hope this help or Hard Reboot iPhone.
Before troubleshooting the touch screen lagging issues on iOS and iPadOS, we want you to make sure that there is no hardware damage on the iDevice. Remember last time to whom you gave the iOS device and ask them if they mistakenly dropped the phone on the floor. Sometimes inside damage couldn’t be determined from outside. Therefore, asking yourself and the one to whom you gave the device is a better solution. If such a thing hasn’t happened at all, then move on to the next trick.
Solution 2: Delete unused Apps
Using these tips we can slow down the burden on the iPhone processor or Get more free space on iPhone. this helps in indexing the content after the update. Also some buggy and Unused apps creating a problem in Backgroud even not in use.
- Go to your iPhone home screen, And Gental Touch & Hold on black space of your iPhone’s screen. until your App icon will jiggle with (-) button on each app icon.
- Review all the Home page one by one, and Delete app that’s not in use. Tap on (-) button to delete app.
- That’s it.
Solution 3: Force Reboot
Another basic yet effective workaround is force restarting the iPhone and iPad to fix the lagging issues. Force rebooting the iPhone/iPad will fix the software glitch that is causing the touch screen lagging after the iOS 13 update. According to your iPhone and iPad model, prefer the steps to force a restart.
For iPhone 8 or later/iPad without a home button,
For iPhone 13(Pro Max), iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone X..
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button, until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 6S
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Solution 4: Press the Screen Gently
Pressing the screen gently could trigger back the responsiveness of the iPhone screen. Right beneath the screen, there is a logic board that ensures the connectivity of the iPhone screen to the entire hardware. So if any cable is disconnected or undone, then there is no chance you could fix the problem. However, by gently pressing the screen on certain points like in the middle or top-right corner, it can be fixed. Keep note that, don’t press hard otherwise you will end up creating a new issue.
Solution 5: Adjust 3D Touch
This solution is helpful for 3D touch supported iPhone,
Moreover, you can also fix touch screen lagging issues in iOS iPhone and iPad, by changing settings of iOS. Most relevant screen-related setting that could help you fix the current issue is adjusting the 3D touch. Here’s how you can do it,
- Step #1: Navigate to the “Settings” app on your iDevice.
- Step #2: Scroll down and tap “Accessibility”.
- Step #3: Tap “3D Touch”.
Among all the three options, Light, Medium and Firm we would suggest you try all of them and check if the screen is working perfectly or not.
Solution 6: Reinstall iPhone/iPad or Restore
Reinstalling iOS on your iPhone is the First step to fix the primary but that created while installing a New iOS or due to other software problems. Without deleting or Erase settings on your iPhone you can reinstall a new copy of iOS from the internet and install it on your iPhone or iPad.
This process is easy but time-consuming, it depends on internet speed and Saved data on your iPhone.
use your Mac or PC to reinstall software updates with the below step by step guide,
Before starting reinstallation, I highly recommend taking a backup of your iPhone on Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac or PC using a lightning cable.
- Open Finder on Mac or iTunes on Windows PC.
- Put your iPhone in recovery mode and See the option for Update Popup on your Mac or PC Screen. The recovery mode process is different for different iPhone models,
- For iPhone 8 & Later model [iPhone 13, 12, 11, X]: Connect your iPhone to Mac, and unlock the screen. Now, your iPhone will appear on the Finder sidebar on Mac. to put in recovery mode, keep your iPhone connected with Mac. and Press and Quickly release the volume up button and then down button. and Now only Press and Hold on the side power button until your mac show the Popup with Update and Restore option.
- Click on the update option and that’s it.
- For iPhone 7 & 7 Plus: Connect your iPhone to Mac, and unlock the screen. Now, your iPhone will appear on the Finder sidebar on Mac. to put in recovery mode, Press and Hold volume down button + Side power button until you see the Update and Restore Popup on the Mac screen. Select Update and follow the on-screen instructions.
- For iPhone 6S & 6S Plus: Connect your iPhone to Mac, and unlock the screen. Now, your iPhone will appear on the Finder sidebar on Mac. to put in recovery mode, Press and Hold Side power button + Home button at once until you see the Update and Restore Popup on the Mac screen. Select Update and follow the on-screen instructions.
Still, the issue is not fixed yet after reinstalling iOS, Restore your Device using the same process explained above. Choose the Restore option while you see the popup with the update option on Mac/PC. Importatn! Restoring process will erase all the data and settings from your iPhone. So Must take iPhone backup before do restore on iPhone.
Solution 7: Downgrade your iPhone to Earlier Version
The downgrade option is really useful for iPhone users who aren’t compatible with Business or Personal apps with the Latest Version of iOS.
In the Downgrade process, you have to download the ipsw firmware file for your iPhone model and install using Finder/iTunes on Mac/PC to your iPhone. Check out the step-by-step guide to Downgrade iPhone.
That’s the reason your iPhone Screen keeps Lagging.
Solution 8: Upgrade your iPhone
Apple’s trade-in problem and Other Third-Party iPhone trading websites allow users to check what return they will get while ordering the upgraded version of the iPhone. Also Locked iPhone is a great option to upgrade your iPhone at a minimum cost.
Solution 9: Contact apple service center
Apple service center definitely helps you with the under warranty and expired warranty device. here’s how to contact the apple service center near you and also Book an appointment online with the apple support center.
They diagnose the hardware and software issues and help you as per terms and conditions.
Solution 10: Restore iPhone/iPad
Restore your iPhone to factory settings,
At last, if the touch screen keeps lagging and freezing on iPhone/iPad in iOS, then Factory Reset would be your last hope. Unfortunately, all the settings, data, media files, iCloud accounts will be erased to default. But, you can save some data by taking a full backup of the iPhone/iPad. So, don’t forget to take a backup before erasing all content and settings on the iPhone. We have also attached the video tutorial on How to restore iPhone and iPad.
How to Backup iPhone/iPad using iCloud
Connect your iOS device to a Wi-Fi network and then follow the further steps,
Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
Step #2: Tap on your name.
Step #3: Select “iCloud”.
Step #4: Toggle on “iCloud backup” and then tap “Back Up Now”.
Once the backup is completed, you are all set to reset the iPhone to factory settings.
How to restore iPhone/iPad
- Settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
You will be asked to enter the iPhone’s password to authenticate the ownership.
Get more solutions on iPhone Slow after Update.