Last Updated on May 20, 2022
Apple device’s users sign out of Apple ID account because of various reasons like Erase the device completely, Borrow or Gift someone to near & dear, For sale and to many purposes. But Having questions in mind “if sign out of my apple id will lose everything” from System preferences Keychain or from App like Photos, Messages, Mail, and more.
Without the apple ID, we can access the device but not Synced Data in apps like Contacts, Safari, Notes, Reminder, Messages, Mail app, App Store, Find My, Game Center, iCloud Drive, iCloud Backup, Shared Pages, Keynote, and Document and All apple’s Pre-installed apps.
Services That will be stopped working after Signout Apple ID
1. Apple Pay, Apple Cash, and Apple Card – Online Services Check Apple Service online
2. Find My – Your Device will become offline, and the Activation lock will be removed at the same time.
3. Game Center – We can access the Game Center account and Play games.
4. Home app to control your HomeKit devices – Access all the Home accessories that have been set up earlier on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
5. iCloud Backup – This option is only available on iPhone & iPad, Not on Mac.
6. iCloud Drive – iCloud Drive saves the data on mac like Desktop & Documents Folders, Automator, Preview, QuickTime Player, Script Editor, TextEdit, GarageBand, iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, Mail, Shortcuts, Maps, iCloud Drive.
7. iCloud Keychain – Directly Login Webpage using Touch ID authentication on Touch ID Mac and Mac Administrator Password.
8. iCloud Mail – Mail app signed in with your Apple ID mail.
9. iCloud Photos – Shared Photos in iCloud can be accessible on Mac.
10. Siri Shortcuts –
11. Voice Memos – Enable iCloud sharing. Enabling
iCloud for Voice Memos will allow you to access and synchronize your recordings across all your devices.
Apps That Use iCloud Account Data on Mac & How to Disable?
1. Shared Albums
Shared Album is accessible on All apple devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID. On, Mac Photos app will see all Albums with names that you created from other Devices or on Mac. While you disable iCloud Photos on Mac, Mac will ask for Download or Delete from Mac and Disable. But will not Remove any photo from the Shared album in iCloud. Go to the Apple Logo > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Uncheck “Photos” and That’s it.
2. Messages in iCloud
To use iMessage on the Mac message app, we have to set up or enable an Apple ID account on Mac. then we can send or receive iMessage from the Messages app on Mac. Here’s the option for signing out, Open Messages app > From top Menu Messages > Preferences > iMessage Tab > Sign Out.
Setup or Add a Reminder on your iPhone or iPad, and Get an alert or Notification on Mac if that signed in with the same Apple ID. We can Enable or Disable Reminders on Mac, Apple Logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Disable Reminder to turn off access on Mac. in Addition, there is an option for Disable reminder notification on Mac.
4. Shared Notes
Shared Notes feature on Mac allows a user to create a New Note, and Access Note that’s created on other apple devices by Enabling the Shared iCloud Notes from Mac’s System preferences settings. Go to the Apple logo from top menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud from left side > Select Notes checkbox.
Now, your iCLoud Notes can be read, edit on Mac. If you disable notes on Mac then it will not be deleted from iCloud or from other apple devices.
5. Shared Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents
Just like MS Office, we can create a New document Pages, Number & Keynote in iCloud and access from all other devices. All shared Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents will save into iCloud Drive. To Disable/Enable Share document on Mac follow the below steps
- Go to the Apple logo from the top mac menu > System Preference > Apple ID > Select iCloud from the left side of the window > Click on Options next to iCloud Drive and Uncheck the Pages, Numbers and Keynote to disable on Mac.
6. Updates to your contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks, and Safari tabs
if you mac signed in with apple ID then the apps like contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks, and Safari tabs fill the saved data on Mac as well. But while you remove Apple ID from Mac, Data will not delete from your iCloud account, in addition, your Mac will ask about Keep data and Remove icloud. to use the app offline. So, Don’t worry about removing the iCloud account will erase data from iCloud and Mac. as you sign in again with apple ID, Restore all data back to Mac anytime.
- Go to the Apple Logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Disable “contacts, calendars, reminders, and Safari” to remove from Mac. That’s it.
7. Continuity features like Handoff, Universal Clipboard, and Auto Unlock with your Apple Watch
Some Apple features are synced and connected wirelessly between all the apple devices. The name is, Univeral Clipboard, Universal Control, Auto unlock Mac with Apple Watch, and Handoff. To use these features, make sure that the devices are signed in with the same Apple ID and Other Wireless connections like Bluetooth, WiFi in the Same network and Installed OS on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
9. App data for any third-party apps that you’ve installed that use iCloud
Some Third-Party Apps are using iCloud storage for Synch apps across all the Apple devices, So when you disable Apple ID or Sign out Apple ID data will be safe until you delete it from iCloud.
How to Sign Out Apple ID Account From Mac
Signing out of an Apple ID account on Mac is easy, Without any Data loss from the iCloud account, we can go further. Later on, we can sign in again with the same Apple ID to sync all data back to your Mac settings and apps. But during the sign-Out, your Mac will ask “Do you want to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac before signing out?” And Select the Apps to keep data on Mac otherwise uncheck. and Go with the continue option.
- Go to the apple logo from top Mac menu > Systerm Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID > Overview > Sign Out. [Sign out Greyed Out on Mac]
- Select the Apps to Keep copy of Data. or Uncheck and Continue.
- That’s it.
How to Delete iCloud Data from Apple ID account on Mac
That means you have to manage all saved data in iCloud. For any reason are you deleting data, for Security purposes, Storage issues, and stopping using the app so might be useless. Follow the below steps for Delete iCloud data from Apple ID.
- Go to the Apple Logo from the top mac menu > System Preferences.
- Now, Click on Apple ID > iCloud from the left side of the window.
- Next, Click on Manage > and Select the App name that you want to delete saved data from iCloud.
- That’s it.
To Signout from iPhone, that’s signed in with the same Apple ID: Open settings app > Tap on Profile name > Scroll to last and see the devices Tap on it [Mac] > Sign out.
How to Sign Out of Apple Id On All Devices
If you have multiple Apple devices like iPhones, iPads, iPod, Mac, MacBook, and All the devices are signed in with the same Apple ID. But if you having an issue with your account being unsecured because someone knows the apple ID password or accessing your device without knowing you. Then we can handle this situation in two easy ways,
The first action is, Remotely sign out Apple ID from the account so, your device will ask to enter or re-login with an apple id password to access Online services like emails, Imessage, contacts, and more. But this will remove the activation lock as well. and your device will remove the activation lock, that’s don’t do then follow the section action.
Sign Out Mac From your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone, Tap on Profile name.
- Scroll to the screen and see All the devices signed in with the same Apple ID,
- Tap on the device name, and click on Remove from the account.
- That’s it.
After you remove this Mac, it will no longer be able to approve new devices or use iCloud and other Apple services until you sign in again. Click on Remove and Done.
The second action is, Change the Apple ID password from iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Browser.
From your iPhone:-
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Tap on Profile name > Password & Security.
- Change Passwords > Enter your iPhone passcode and Enter Password.
- You Mac automatically signed out remotely.
- Go to the https://appleid.apple.com/ and log in with Apple ID and password.
- Click on Passwords to change it, Enter Current Password, and Enter new passwords.
- And Save it.
Hope you are fine with the above solutions for Remotely Sign out apple ID from Mac.
Sign out Account from Mac or From application will remain in iCloud but removed from Mac.