If you clicked on this blog, chances are first that you might have accidentally formatted your external or internal storage, whether an SD card or hard drive or second, you have received some error message that you lost all your stuff and now you are bent out of shape. There can be multiple reasons: you accidentally deleted it, or someone else did it on your system. It’s not just your problem. Anyone can face this issue, so luckily, we have a solution for it, called data recovery tools or software.
Using the data recovery software, you can quickly get your lost file, and you would not have to hire a data recovery expert. Recovering the data on your own will save you money and time both.
12 Best Data Recovery Tools for Mac with Pros, Cons, and Pricing
What Is a Data Recovery Tool?
Data recovery software is an application that can help you recover deleted files from your hard drive. It’s an excellent tool for anyone who has accidentally deleted files and it’s also beneficial if you want to get back some of the data lost in a computer crash or other disaster. This software is available for both PC and Mac computers, and many different types of programs are available on the market today.
#1. Stellar Data Recovery
Marked by the experts as the number one data recovery software, Stellar Data Recovery comes with a massive file-type library, deep scan abilities, and highly customizable searches. The solution allows you to retrieve every file format, including custom formats; you can also recover data from a PC hard drive, flash drives, memory cards and external drives. This software comes with powerful features that will enhance your user experience.
How To Use It?
A clean and straightforward interface allows you to either recover everything or select the file format, such as documents, folders, E-mails, or multimedia files.
You have to pick up the folder from where you need to recover the data; here, you have several options, such as desktop or my document, or you can choose any connected drive. Hit scan, it will show the recovered file. Select the ones who want back and hit recover. There you have all of your recovered files.
This software also allows you to find the lost partition on your computer. In addition, even the data you lost from the same computer a few years ago.
- Stellar Data Recovery is designed to perform the scan quickly and effectively regardless of the drive size.
- Recovers data from a variety of storage devices, including HDDs, SSDs, Fusion Drives (hybrid drives), and SD Cards
- The tool works with both bootable and non-encrypted drives.
- Retrieves data from Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports and other USB storage media.
- Can recover data from Mac storage drives with high capacities exceeding 18 TB.
- The price is slightly higher compared to other software options.
Yearly Plan: $89.99
Lifetime Plan: $149
#2. Disk Drill:
Disk Drill is a free data recovery software that can recover deleted files from multiple sources such as hard drives, USB flash drives, memory cards and other storage media. Disk Drill works in Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and Mac OS X. It is also available for Linux operating systems. The software supports all the major file systems.
How To Use It?
If you open up this application for the first time, it is pretty much straight to the point you are presented with all the plugged-in to your Mac, and on the right of each drive, you will get a recovery option. All you have to do is click on the industry you want to recover files. It depends on how much data it contains. It will vary on how much time it will take to recover files from it. You can pause the process at any point and resume it afterwards. You will also have the option to choose the location of the folder where you want to recover the data.
- Disk Drill is not only about Mac data recovery; it’s also packed with useful disk tools for all data professionals and home users. Following are the tools:
- Disk Health: This feature monitors any potential disk issues.
- Mac Cleanup: It analyses any potential disk spaces. Unused files and data to free up space on your computer.
- Duplicate Finder: This helps find the duplicate file that often takes up the space on your device.
- Recovery Drive: It allows you to create your bootable USB for free.
- Data Protection: This creates a byte-to-byte disk and partitions data backup for future Mac Os recoveries.
- The free version has limited customer support, so if you use this software regularly, you must purchase the premium version.
- The software may take a long time to recover an ample amount of data because it will use its long scanning algorithms.
Pricing: $89.00 Lifetime Licence.
Magoshare knows how vital is your personal data in your work or personal life. That’s why it has designed robust data recovery software for Mac. The software is packed with advanced features; the Magoshare recovery software for Mac ensures that you instantly retrieve deleted or lost files on your Mac. With this software, you can recover all data types, such as Documents, Photos, Email, Archives, Email, Videos, and more.
Besides this, using this software, you can recover the data from USB drives, HDD, SDDs, and other storage. What makes it super convenient is the process is straightforward. Magoshare data recovery software for Mac supports Macs with M1, M2, and T2 chips. It is compatible with the latest macOS version.
- Recovers different types of data
- Top-quality customer service
- Offers free trail
- Compatible with different OS
- No Significant cons found
R-Studio is a reliable program to recover your lost data from all types of storage. With R-studio, you can rescue data you thought you had lost forever.
How To Use It?
To start, select a disk, flash drive or other devices that your data disappeared from. Then click on the scan option available from the upper menu bar.
When you scan a device, R-Studio shows the most partition that has ever been created on your Mac. Choose the partition with your document and select the ones you want to recover. Since R-Studio supports previewing files in all the most popular formats, you can see the files before recovering them. All of these features are available in demo mode. To unlock this programme’s other features, you must get a license and activate it.
- You can also recover files from a remote computer, including other computers on a home or office network or even the internet.
- It supports dynamic disks and raid rays.
- Support is available even in the demo version also.
- This software takes more time to learn as compared to the other ones.
- The software sometimes crashes while working with larger files.
Buy at the price of $49.99
#5. Recoverite Data Recovery:
Wondershare Recover is an intelligent tool to recover lost data. It is an easy-to-use tool for people who want to protect their data from being deleted or damaged. The device works in two ways: it can be connected to the computer, automatically scan your PC’s hard drive, and find all deleted files. In addition, you can program this device to perform regular scans on your hard drive (every hour), and if any file has been deleted or modified, it will save a copy of its original version back into the hard drive. This software is available on wonershare.recoverite.com.
How To Use It?
After opening the software, you will get an easy-to-use user interface which will be divided into four sections;
The first one is the Hard Disk Drive, which consists of your Mac’s folders in which your data is kept.
The second is External Device; if an external hard drive, SD or SSD card is connected to your Mac, it will be shown here.
The third option is to select the recycle bin desktop or any other folder.
And the fourth is to recover files from a crashed computer which is a pretty advanced option.
Click on the drive from which you want your data to be recovered and click on scan. The scan duration will depend on the file size of the drive. Once done, it will preview the data outcome of the scan, select the data you want back and click on recover.
- Under the advanced recovery option, you can recover data from a crashed computer and repair any video.
- The software comes with a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Customer support is available for your 24/7.
- Most of the features are in the paid version only.
- You can only recover 100 MB of your data in the free version.
- Essential: $69.99/Year
- Standard: $79.99/Year
- Premium: $89.99/Year
Photo-Rec is one of the most versatile pieces of software as it is compatible with every free-functional operating software you can think of, including Mac OS. It is more professional software as it utilises a CMD interface where you enter a command into it and select different commands shown on the screen. And then, these commands are used by your Mac to aid in the recovery process.
How To Use It?
After launching the software, the user interface will open in a CMD format. There you will get the list of all the drives. Please select one of them using the up and down arrow and enter to proceed on your keyboard. Let the software scan your drive. Most of the time, you have to use your keyboard to do the operation. It can be a little frustrating as the user interface has no colours or images. But you check their official website to learn how the recovery process is done.
- It is entirely free software and open source for all.
- Although it is professional software, it can still be challenging for most users because it uses the CMD interface, and it can be a little intimidating to see all the white texts on black.
- The support system is not so good.
#7. EaseUS Data Recovery:
Ease US Data Recovery calls itself “The Wizard”; it works like magic. The user interface is so friendly and easy that even a child can use it. From virus-ruined files to accidentally deleted partitions, EaseUS can recover anything. This software comes with lots of features too. The developers boast that the software can help you recover data lost from a system crash, power failure, accidental deletion or hard drive failure. EaseUS has a perfect balance between functionality and affordability.
How To Use It?
Using the three easy steps, you can recover your data.
First, select the file type that you wish to recover, then choose the location of where you lost your data. Click on the scan. A deep may take longer, but it will search more data sector by sector. After scanning, you can preview all the recoverable listed files and click recover. Your lost data will be back.
- This software can recover the RAW files that even your operating software cannot recognise.
- A free version is also available without registration.
- The software is a bit expensive compared to the others available on the market.
#8. iBoysoft Data Recovery:
If you regularly use a Mac book, it is hard to recover files from the trash bin. IBoysoft is an easy-to-use and efficient software developed by a Chinese company. This tool is mainly for Mac users. Besides the data recovery tools, iBoysoft products include iBoysoft NTFS for Mac and iBoysoft DiskGeeker.
How To Use It?
First, download this software from the official iBoysoft website. After installing, open the app, and it will present you with a clean and minimalistic user interface, not too complicated.
Select the data drive to let the software scan for the deleted files. There is a deep scan mode for more in-depth scanning on the drive.
Hit scan to get the process started. What your drive size is will determine the scan duration. The files with cross mark labels will be the files that are the outcome of the scan. Select where you want to keep the file you wish to return.
- iBoysoft Data Recovery supports the recovery of over 1000 types and formats of files like documents, pdf files, photos and videos, audio recordings and even archives.
- You can quickly recover up to 1 GB of your data for free.
- It can recover directly from the data drive of your computer or an external drive like an SD card or SSD storage.
- If you encounter any issue while using, you can raise a ticket to the support team, which will resolve it within 24 hours.
- The recovery scanning speed is average. The full version of this software can be a little expensive.
1 Month License: $89.95
1-Year License: $99.99
4DDiG is an advanced data recovery tool developed by Tenorshare that claims to scan, preview and recover your data in just one minute. As the name suggests, dig all your lost data and rescue them. You don’t need special skills or technical knowledge to operate the software. Just download it on your computer and follow the simple steps to get back all your lost data within minutes; available for both Windows and Mac Os.
How To Use It?
The recovery process is similar to any other recovery software. Select the drive or folder you wish to recover your files from, click on scan, preview the results from the list and click on the recover option. After your recovery, it will create a new folder by the name of deleted files containing all your recovered data so you can quickly check them.
- The scanning speed of this software is quite fast.
- The free version has limited features only.
- 1 Month Licence: $45.95
- 1 Year Licence: $55.95
- Lifetime Licence: $59.95
#10. Data Rescue 6:
Similar to the Disk Drill software, we have another great and utterly trustable software name Data Rescue 6 which uses the two recovery methods to recover all the lost data from your Mac.
The methods are deep scan and quick scan.
How To Use It?
The friendly user interface allows you to understand the operation pretty quickly. Using the two-scan method, you can quickly recover your data from any external or internal drive. This software also allows you to clone your crashed hard drive. A quick scan can be done in just a few minutes, whereas a deep scan may take a long time. It depends on the driver file size.
- When working with this software, you only have to pay for those files you want to recover.
- Before recovering the files, you can review them for free.
- No refund policy is available.
- Troubleshooting support is available online only.
- Standard: Free
- Professional: $399.96/Year
AnyRecover is a data recovery software developed by iMyPhone, which is also available for Windows and Mac and enables you to recover lost data from a full range of devices such as your damaged hard drives, USB Flash Drives, SD Cards, SSD Cards and Digital Cameras. You can retrieve unlimited data with more than 1000 plus file types in three simple steps without hassle.
How To Use It?
Launch AnyRecover and select a location from where you want to recover the data. The program will start an-all round and step scan of the selected drive. Now you need to relax and let the software do the work. Once completed, check for the files you want back into your Mac and hit the recover button. All your lost data, no matter how old it is, will be quickly recovered using this software.
- It does not overwrite the existing data.
- The free version of this software is able to recover only up to 3 files.
- 1 Year Licence: $59.95
- Lifetime Licence: $79.95
#12. DM Disk Editor:
DM Disk Editor is a comprehensive data recovery software available for Mac. The software can quickly recover lost data using its complex algorithms under critical conditions such as system crashes or accidental deletions. It can be licensed for a single or multiple operating system. Allows you to recover data from any disk-based storage system. What makes this software the best is that it allows you to recover up to 4000 files before purchasing the licensed version. DMDE is not just a tool for advanced file recovery but also disk partition and file management.
How To Use It?
This software is more advanced and is not for new users who do not have prior experience in data recovery and using advanced software.
Once you launch the software, you must first understand how it works? Unlike other data recovery software, it is more complex. But not impossible to understand; you can always reach the help section.
- One of the advanced software that has a good recovery rate.
- You can recover up to 4000 files before buying the licensed version.
Not for newbies, as it requires prior knowledge of advanced software.
- DMDE Express (1-Year)1-OS- $20.00
- DMDE Standard1-OS- $48.00
- DMDE StandardMulti-OS- $67.20
- DMDE Professional1-OS- $95.00
- DMDE ProfessionalMulti-OS- $133.00
#13. Disk Warrior:
For Mac users, this software is a lifesaver. If you are facing the issue of a corrupted drive and are bothered about losing your data, then go for this tool. It will help repair your drive and rescue all your data as no other software can.
How To Use It?
The methods to recover the data are the same as any other data recovery software where you have to look for the folder where your data was kept, run the scan process and then it will show up the recovered file, use the preview option to see which files you want to keep and click on recover, and there you have your precious data back. This software ensures that your drives are error-free and uses the fail-safe mode to replace the damaged directory. This software looks for the missing file using its methods of rebuilding directories.
- Repair the drives that file systems have been damaged.
- This software can even repair HFS and HFS+ system disks that have stopped booting.
- No free trial is available, so the user will not know the features before purchasing.
- Prior knowledge about data recovery software is required to use this one.
- Lifetime Licence: $119.95
- Upgrade Existing Licence: $59.95
Losing your data can be heartbreaking. Mainly when your drive contains pictures, videos or some important work files; if you have recently lost data on your Mac and have no ideas how to recover it, you can quickly retrieve it using any tool mentioned in the blog. We have provided multiple options for you; feel free to select one according to your need and expertise.
Get here the best Mac hard drive recovery software 2021 to recover deleted files and hard disks. Want to bring your lost data back to life from your Mac hard drive? Then you need quite the best Mac hard drive recovery software/tool. There are many tools to recover lost/deleted data, which are helping you both to repair and recover relevant data.
If you have no idea which is the right software to recover lost data on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac? For macOS Monterey, Big Sur, Mojave, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X 10.11(OS X EI Capitan), 10.10(OS X Yosemite),10.9 (OS X Mavericks), and old version. Then I recommend you here Best Mac hard drive recovery software 2017. The software is using by IT professionals, the FBI, even Apple Company, and home users too.
Overall good reviews, ratings, and nearly 100% successor data recovery software for Mac then it’s a data rescue 4. It’s much powerful Mac hard drive recovery software since its debut in 2002. Let’s look at below to know including features of data rescue 4.
What can things be recovered by this software?
- Easy to use, Top Awarded
- Crashed, corrupted, or Non-mounting hard drives
- Erased or Reformatted hard drives
- Deleted, damaged, or lost files
- Real Mac hard drive and file recovery software for Mac
- Recover you are any accidentally deleted documents, photos
- Free US-based Phone and email support included
- 100% Risk-Free Guarantee
Mac users who are running with OS X 10.7.4 and lower, then must use Data Rescue 3 to get back lost data, files, pictures, videos, and much more.
Also Read:- Best Mac cleaner software– One-Click Booster
Do you’ve any of the Best Mac hard drive recovery software: Mac Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave (10.14), Sierra/ High Sierra/ EI Capitan? Please share with us, and we’ll try to add that in our article.