Last Updated on Sep 12, 2022
Amazing trick to update iOS 16 with cellular data which means without wi-fi using mobile data and without a computer. Just read carefully this blog post. Now, apple officially allows users to download and install Updates over cellular data, We don’t have a WiFi Connection. If you won’t able to do then follow this tutorial.
Don’t bother if you haven’t Wi-Fi nearby. we know that your iOS Update file download won’t start on Mobile data (LTE) or Cellular Data plan cause Apple restricted major iOS update download with Mobile data, they wish its users should go with OTA update Via good WiFi connection. in short, again I say, Tech brand Apple doesn’t allow downloading big iOS update using Mobile Data. But here’s the trick that will work for you.
Basically, we have two alternative ways that are helpful for all iOS device users.
- Using Cellular/ Mobile Data – Over The Air – (Use Other Mobiles’ Mobile Data – no matter if you have android Phone) – better Hotspot connection must be established before getting started iOS 15 download process.
- Using iTunes
Find the Ways to How do I update my iPhone to iOS & iPadOS Using cellular data? – Same for iPad and iPod Touch
Quick and Short Tricks to Download iOS over the air [OTA update]
Connect iTunes and get update our iOS device is such a lengthy task. That most of the iPhone users are ignoring at first. If he/she is unable to get an update or download iOS then a software Update on iTunes is necessary.
Have you no WiFi? Mobile data is an option to use to update iOS. Find the other device (Smartphone mobile or iPhone), Turn on Personal Hotspot, and create your personal WiFi network for update iOS on other devices.
- To turn on Personal Hotspot on iOS: Settings > Personal Hotspot > Enable Personal Hotspot. For Android mobile, Turn on Personal Hotspot on Android settings.
- Find the Hotspot connection on Primary Device under the WiFi option.
Now you are on WiFi or Personal Hotspot WiFi, Head to Settings App> General > Software Update (Check for update)
Be patient while downloading in progress because it will take time to download GBs data and install after that automatically (Once you allow starting installing).
Option 2: Software Update iOS/iPadOS using iTunes/Finder
- Updated Version of iTunes or macOS on your Mac or PC, Fast Internet connection
- Lightning Cable
- macOS Catalina or Later MacOS user can use Finder on Mac to Update iPhone/iPad. macOS Mojave and Earlier MacOS user can use iTunes on Mac to Update iPhone/iPad. Windows users can use iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes/Finder via lightning cable on Mac/PC.
- Go to Device icon at the top on iTunes, Click on Device name from finder sidebar, Next find the Summary option for the device details.
- Click on Check for Update. The available software will be installed on your device model after downloading it on iTunes.
Here’s Way to Download iOS Using WiFi [Video Guide]
If you are not getting the new Public iOS 16, remove the iOS 16 and Wait for the Same Version to be available for your device in the future.