Last Updated on Sep 22, 2021
There are many iOS users reporting its problem on the Apple community about the iMessage activation error after the iOS 15 update. lots of users won’t activate iMessage even after installed iOS 15 successfully on iPhone 13 Pro Max. iPhone 12 pro Max/ 11/ XR/ 11 Pro Max, XS Max, X/8 Plus/ 7 Plus/6S Plus, and iOS 15 compatible devices.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In the case of iMessage not Working with the all-new iOS 15 with amazing features to use. You can diagnose the iMessage by some indicators and solve the problem “iMessage waiting for activation in iOS. When the message is sent through iMessage iPhone will show a blue bubble and if it is not then it shows a green bubble and it will cost you. Message app saying “Not Delivered” and “Force iMessage send as text Message” message status.
The very first step to check the problem with iOS 15 is you should check that the iMessage is not working with a particular contact and if yes then the problem might be on the other end. Or else it is not working with any of your contacts then the problem is on your iPhone.
iMessage Activation takes too much time and Asking when I restart my iPhone, iMessage an error occurred during activation in simple English your phone iMessage won’t Activate after iOS 15 update. Let’s see straightforward fixes,
Useful Solutions for iMessage waiting for Activation error after iOS 15/ iPadOS 15 update
- You have enough balance to send a message from your iPhone to your Carrier Company. Otherwise, Free International SMS service enabled on your Active CDMA or GSM network. If not you can contact your Cellular or Carrier Company in your Country. iMessage is Carrier-Based if your Carrier is providing iMessage that it will easy to activate on your Mobile number otherwise the solution is the switch to the other Carrier company.
Note: When you Activate iMessage on your Mobile number, You will be charged with a standard SMS rate.
- Many times iMessage waiting for activation error occurs due to Wi-Fi connectivity issues. So you should check your Wi-Fi network. if your Phone has weak Wi-Fi then change the Wi-Fi network and try again.
- iMessage Activation unsuccessful in the case of iMessage Down server due to under maintenance by the company. in this case, you should check iMessage System Status
- Check, SIM is Inserted or Not? First, check your phone number listed in your Phone app. Otherwise, update your profile and number showing on the Phone app as a first contact. Go to the Settings app on iPhone > Phone > My Number – Enter Your cell phone number. Go Back to save.
Tip 1: Check Network Connection When iMessage Stuck on Waiting for Activation
is your iOS 15 iMessage not sending from a Phone number? Then activate iMessage on your Apple ID as an Address. Go to the “Settings app” > “Messages” > “Send & Receive” > “Use Your Apple ID for iMessage“. Once you register Your Apple ID for iMessage, Now from other apple Devices you can send a free message using apple ID instead of Mobile Number.
Network on WiFi or Cellular disconnecting, The iMessage entirely depends on the Wi-Fi network, with a good network connection you cannot send messages, or you will be charged by your carrier service. First off, reboot the router if you’re using the internet through it. And if it doesn’t work then reset the network settings of the iPhone.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings” and open “General”.
- Step #2: Next, scroll down the screen and click on “Reset” and then “Reset Network Settings”.
This action will clear all the settings you have made related to the network to default settings. still, iMessage waiting for the activation label can’t go away the continue mentioned workarounds.
Tip 2: Set Date and Time Automatically
After the first step if iMessage waiting for activation in iOS 15 is not solved then try this trick. The messaging apps required the date and time should be set correctly otherwise it will show errors. Better off you must enable auto-set date and time on iPhone.
- Step #1: Launch “Settings” and tap “General”.
- Step #2: There you will find “Date and Time”.
- Step #3: Enable to Set Automatically and also check the time zone.
Tip 3: Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
Turning on and off the Airplane mode is helpful when the issues are related to network connections. Simply open the control center and turn on the Airplane mode and after a few minutes disable it.
Tip 4: Update Your Carrier Settings
You can manually update carrier settings on your iPhone. If you are using carrier data and still receiving iMessage waiting for activation, then try to update the carrier settings if available.
Note: Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to a strong Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” App,
- Step #2: Choose “General”
- Step #3: Now tap on “About”.
- Step #4: Scroll down to the Carrier option.
- Step #5: Click on Carrier,
if a new carrier update is available, You’ll see a pop-up option to perform this update. For example, check my phone screen.
There you can update the carrier settings.
Tip 5: Contact Your Carrier or Apple Support
Selected Carrier (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Vodafone, O2, and others in the USA, UK, Canada, Brazil, India, New Zealand, and other Countries) only support iMessage free in selected plans. Otherwise, you need to activate using requests at the Career desk.
You can also ask Apple Support canter to get free help and support.
Tip 6: Disable iMessage and Reboot the iPhone and Enable the iMessage
Now the next troubleshooting tip is to reboot the device. Before shutting off the iPhone, you should try to disable iMessage, and after that restart the iPhone. To disable iMessage follow the steps.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings” and tap on “Messages”.
- Step #2: In there turn off “iMessage”.
How to reboot:
iPhone X/iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus
- Step #1: Press and release the volume up key.
- Step #2: Press and release the volume down key.
- Step #3: Now, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo visible on display.
After this reboot, the iPhone and again follow the same steps to enable iMessage. Know Reboot or Hard Restart All iPhone models.
Tip 7: Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
If neither of them works for you, then the last option is to reset the iPhone to its factory settings and try to fix the iMessage waiting for activation. But it will erase everything on your iPhone, so it is advisable to take a backup before restoring the iPhone.
- Step #1: Open up the“Settings” App and click “General”.
- Step #2: Now, open “Reset” and then tap on “Reset All Contents and Settings”.
Setup your iPhone as a new and Restore the last backup to fix the internal iOS 15 error.
Or Downgrade iOS 15 to iOS 14 (if you saw an error after update iOS on iPhone or iPad).
Hope you get fixed your problem of being unable to activate iMessage successfully and trying to fix the iOS 15 iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone.