- AirPlay content to your Mac
- Mirror or extend the display
- Use as AirPlay 2 speaker
- Send wired or wirelessly
AirPlay to my Mac – hardware requirements?
Here’s the list of the AirPlay to Mac Supported Mac List. I suggest you should buy a new Apple 16-inch MacBook Pro offer Apple Silicon Chip M1 Pro and M1 Max.
- M1 Pro Chip and M1 Max Chip MacBook Pro 2021
- Available on MacBook Pro (2018 and later),
- MacBook Air (2018 and later),
- iMac (2019 and later),
- iMac Pro (2017),
- Mac mini (2020 and later),
- Mac Pro (2019),
- iPhone 7 and later,
- iPad Pro (2nd generation and later),
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later),
- iPad (6th generation and later), and iPad mini (5th generation and later).
- Older iPhone, iPad, and Mac models may share content at a lower resolution to supported Mac models when “Allow AirPlay for” is set to “Everyone” or “Anyone on the same network” in Sharing preferences.
AirPlay to Mac feature is missing right now? I hope this will be available later this year.
Airplay to Mac is not supported to listed below Macs but possible to share content with low resolution.
- MacBook Pro 2017 and Earlier
- MacBook Air 2017 and Earlier
- iMac 2018 and Earlier
- Mac Mini 2019 and Earlier
- iPhone 6S and Earlier
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- iPad Air 2nd Generation and Earlier
Does Ventura allow you to make your Mac an AirPlay audio-ONLY receiver?
Yes, you can airplay music from iPad to Mac, just open Apple Music and play a song, then select Airplay and choose Mac. That’s simple.
if you don’t have an Apple Music subscription, let’s try the youtube music app to airplay audio from iOS device to Mac’s macOS.