Last Updated on Dec 3, 2022
in this blog post, I will walk you through all possible fixes on Apple’s major Update for iOS 16 Won’t Update and install. After downloading iOS update, the next process is to be Installation. But there is a common issue for many iOS folks, and that is unable to install update an error occurred installing iOS on iPhone.
Get rid of why iPhone update not installed/ Won’t install iOS? Please scroll the page and read my practical experience. I believe that you can 100% resolve your Phone’s iOS installation issues.
Why can’t I install iOS 16? Know 5 reasons for iOS Install issues
WHAT TO KNOW
1. First is wifi not working on iPhone that stuck your iPhone on the software installation screen,
2. The Second is Not Ample space to download the latest iOS update, Follow the steps on how to free up space on iPhone. For this case, Installation requires ~13GBs + 4GBs Setup download. So the Total free space should require ~15 to 16GBs.
3. Please Turn off VPN on iPhone, if it is Installed and Enabled.
The Forth is that the Apple iOS 16 is not a supported device, iOS 16 Supported models [iPhone 14- Series, iPhone 13 Series, iPhone 12 Series, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro max, iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone SE (2020)]
4. Beta iOS installed Device won’t get the Public iOS version at the same time on Remove Beta profile, They have to wait for matched iOS version Release publicly [Should wait 1 Month appox].
To fix can’t install new iOS or won’t update iOS 16 problems by Following bottom workarounds.
Unable to Install iOS 16 Update on iPhone [Video Guide] & iOS 15.7
iOS 16 Update downloaded but won’t install Stuck screen [Video Guide]
Suppose you still can’t update the latest iOS or iPadOS; delete downloaded udpate files and re-download again. For more help, watch the video given below after these steps are completed.
1→ Open Settings App
2→ Tap General
3→ Click iPhone Storage
4→ Now scroll to iOS 16 File and Tap on it, you can see it in the given image.
5→ Tap Delete Update. what happens? So your phone will get the latest iOS update on the software update settings page. Follow the next instruction to re-download the latest iOS.
Now, to re-download Update,
- Head to Settings App
- Navigate General
- Choose Software Update.
on this page, wait till the screen loads information, and if you see the latest firmware with the download and install button. Please go with the download and install button. And follow on-screen instructions.
This is found helpful to fix your iPad or iPhone Won’t Update. if it does not work, then Force close the Settings app and try again to install the newest iOS.
To force quit the settings app, Swipe from the bottom of the screen to get the App switcher (you can see all open apps on a single screen) interface.
on the App switcher menu, Swipe Setting App to the upside to force quit. Now re-launch the Settings App from the home screen dock. And go to General – Software Update screen.
Full Guide on How to Update to iOS 16 on Any iPhone, iPad
An Error Occurred Installing iOS 16 Update, How to Fix: Unable to Get Update iPhone Using Settings app
Now we start, So when you go into the Settings App looks like a Gear icon, then into the General and Software Update section.
Your Software update was downloaded, but when you click on Install Now button, you get the screen Verifying Update.
in addition, an issue occurred, and you can see a popup Unable to install An error occurred installing iOS. Along with you, also see two options Retry and Remind me Later.
This is because of the times out or failure to verify and won’t download or won’t reboot. Ultimately, it would be best if you fixed it.
→ Check First & Should you Update: iOS 16 Compatible Devices list, Your iPhone/iPad is not in the list, then you won’t get updated notifications on settings.
→ First of all, go back to Settings App and then Open iPhone Storage or iPad Storage If you have an iPad. If there is not enough space, your iPhone will see the Optimize Storage button on the Update screen.
Solution 1: Storage is a major issue, Free Up Space on iPhone to install iOS Update
On your iPhone – Go to the Settings App that looks like a gear icon– tap General– next Find iPhone Storage.
You can now see the Apps and Storage management bar on the screen. On the page, In the recommendation section, you can see tips on saving space on your device, like Offload App & Delete Apps. To remove unwanted data to get space on the device.
- Steps to Make Storage Space on your Apple iPad
- Go to Settings App – Tap General and then hit on iPad Storage.
Follow the same way that I have mentioned above to Free Up Space.
Managing storage quickly helps to remove big data and free up big storage quickly recommended by Apple.
Your device has not had enough available storage space on your device to install the iOS 16 update. So, you should clean objectionable content and then try again to install the newest iOS. Let’s see below how to free up storage space.
Solution 2: Mobile Data is On, but WiFi Not Working or Turned Off
Wifi must be enabled and working on the iPhone to complete the installation on any smart device.
First, go to the Settings app > Wi-Fi > Turn Wi-Fi toggle ON & Join Wi-Fi if it’s not. After that, test and make sure the wifi is working or not.
Next, use Online apps like YouTube, and Search & Play to check whether the Internet is working or not on your iOS device.
If you find something wired, You should first reset network settings on iPhone and Connect your WiFi.
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone > General.
- Scroll to Transfer or Reset iPhone Option > Reset.
- Choose Reset Network Settings Option > Enter your iPhone lock screen passcode. and Reset. Wait for your iPhone to reboot once.
Rejoin Wi-Fi Network under Settings > Wi-Fi > pair your WiFi and Check Software update is showing or not.
→ You Can’t download and install iOS 16 updates over Cellular or mobile data. This is the safety feature for us that prevent us from using Data and bill. Tricks to Download Update Over Mobile Data without WiFi.
Sometimes your Wi-Fi is connected, but the internet won’t work read this how to reset network settings on iPhone. And join the network again, Alternative you should try other Wi-Fi networks.
Solution 3: Force Restart is Also the Best way to Fix iOS Won’t Install
For iPhone 13, 12, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 8 users.
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button then
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button then
- last Press and Hold the Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
- To start the iPhone, again press the Side button until the black screen. After that, your phone will start automatically with the startup Apple logo on the screen. Then enter your phone unlock passcode to access the home screen. and try again to install the latest firmware.
- For iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus users: Press and hold on Sleep/Wake + Volume Down button at simultaneously
- For iPhone 6S and old users: Pressing and holding on Sleep/Wake + Home button at the same time
Solution 4: Use Mac or PC to Download and Install Update on iPhone
The problem is not on iPhone hardware so we can install Supported iOS easily anyways. The above error comes while people are typing to update iOS over the air [WiFi].
Next, use your PC or Mac to update iOS on the iPhone that installed the latest version of iTunes and Finder on Mac. Because macOS Catalina or later macOS has no iTunes, so we can update & restore the iOS device using the Finder.
Follow the steps below to install Software Update Using iTunes/Finder on PC/Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes/Finder on PC/Mac Using a USB lightning cable. Unlock the device using Passcode to pair with PC or Mac’s Finder.
- Click on Device that appears on Mac’s Finder sidebar or on PC’s iTunes. Now you will show the device summary page.
- here’s the option for Update iPhone. Click on it to install the latest software update on the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- Wait for Download software on Mac/PC at first, after that Installation also takes care of the PC. So don’t unplug the device until you see the welcome screen on an iOS device.
Still not getting the update? Should I force update iPhone to iOS 16.
I hope you would like this tutorial to fix iOS 16 Won’t install on iPhone or iPad. If any issue relates to software updates or others, feel free and comment on us in the bottom box.