Last Updated on Jul 29, 2021
With the iOS update, Widgets are extended to the iPhone home screen, which means, now an iPhone updated to the iOS 14 or later, can add stock widgets to the iPhone home screen. All these default widgets come in various sizes to choose from and look totally different than earlier widgets that we used in iOS 13 or in previous versions. Some popular widgets of iOS & iPadOS are, Siri Suggestions Widget, Clock Widget, Weather Widget, have already won the hearts of many users, as hundreds of folks tried the beta version of iOS & iPadOS.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
However, the Weather widget doesn’t work great for everyone, some of them are complaining that Weather Widget stays blank, won’t update the weather forecast or showing incorrect location. If you’re the one with any of these problems, kindly approach the below troubleshoots and fix the weather widget not working on the iPhone home screen in iOS.
Weather Widget Required that, Apple Weather App must be installed on Your iPhone.
Weather Widget Not Working on iPhone
General Problems with Weather Widget
- Weather Widget Not Showing on iPhone: Weather App is not installed on your iPhone: So First you have to Re-install Weather App from App Store on iPhone. Also, Offload Feature will Remove the Unused app from Your iPhone automatically.
- Weather Widget won’t update
- It may show the wrong location
- Weather widget goes black and blank
- Forecast reports are incorrect etc
Solution 1: Remove and Add Weather Widget
Removing and Re-adding the Weather Widget is one coolest trick to fix the weather widget not working on the iPhone home screen. There won’t be any data loss or a waste of time, here’s how to remove Weather Widget from the iPhone home screen.
- Touch and hold the Weather Widget.
- Select Remove Widget.
- When the pop-up appears, tap Remove.
Thereafter, add the weather widget following the same procedure. If you don’t remember, then proceed with further steps.
- Long-press the app icon or empty space on the iPhone home screen.
- Tap on Plus icon on the upper-left corner.
- Select the Weather option.
- Choose from different widget sizes, and tap Add Widget.
Solution 2: Make Sure Location Services for Weather Widget is Enabled
To get the correct details and weather report, the Location Services must be turned on for the Weather App. Or you could see the weather information of another location if the Location Services isn’t configured as per your current location.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap Privacy.
- Open the Location Services.
- Locate the Weather app, tap on it.
- Set Always.
- Also, toggle Precise Location ON.
You should turn off and turn on the Location Services for the Weather app if it was already enabled.
Solution 3: Check Weather Widget Settings
Try changing the Location of the weather widget. The internal settings let us set the location in the widget, meaning, if you want to track the Weather details of LA, while you’re on a business tour to NYC, you can set the Los Angeles in the Weather Widget, instead of the current location.
- Long-press the Weather Widget.
- Choose the Edit Widget.
- Tap on the Location.
- Scroll down to the locations or select Current Location.
Solution 4: Update iPhone
Widgets in iOS have significant changes and improvements, they are data-rich and provide more information at glance. However, if Weather Widget is not working in iOS, then it might be possible your iPhone isn’t updated to the latest version available, do update iPhone to use all features flawlessly.
- Connect the iPhone to the Wi-Fi, and make sure the battery level is 50% or more.
- Open the Settings app on iOS device.
- Tap General.
- Go to Software Update.
- Download and install the update, if available.
Solution 5: Hard Reboot iPhone
Depending upon your iPhone model, follow the stepwise guide to force restart the iPhone.
For iPhone 8 or later:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo displays.
For iPhone 7/7Plus:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until the Apple logo displays.
For iPhone 6S or earlier:
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Solution 6: Reinstall the Weather App
If none of the above solutions fix the Weather Widget problem, then the problem is sure with the Weather app. Deleting and reinstalling the Weather app is a one-stop trick to deal with random problems associated with the Weather app and Widget.
Thankfully, you can still delete the pre-installed apps on the iPhone, without losing any data. Here’s how to delete the Weather app from iPhone.
- Long-press the Weather app icon until the screen starts jiggling.
- Tap (x) on Weather App to delete it.
- Now, open the App Store, search for the Weather app, and download it.
- Again move to the Location Services section as we have mentioned in Solution 2 and set Always in the Location Services for the Weather app.
Can I Add Third-Party Weather Widget to iPhone in iOS?
If you don’t prefer the Apple’s own Weather App and Widget, there’s a huge list of weather applications available to download, however, it is not possible to add the third-party weather widget on the iPhone home screen. Hopefully, in future updates, Apple will expand the third-party widgets to the home screen. However, as of right now, you can add third-party widgets in Today’s View.
- Swipe the screen to Today’s View.
- Scroll down to the end, and tap Edit.
- Locate the widget that you wish to add.
- Tap Add.
- Reorder the Widget, and tap Done.
Here are the most common problems that we discovered to fix the Weather widget on the iPhone home screen. if you have any suggestions then comment on me. Also, Share How weather widget you like on the iPhone home screen.