Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Before MacOS Catalina, yes, it was possible to pair the game controller with Mac, but it wasn’t that straightforward as it is now. If you own MacBook Pro or Mac updated to Mac Big Sur, then you should learn how to Connect PS4 DualShock 4 Controller to Mac in Mac Big Sur from this tutorial. Once you’re habituated with PS4 Controller or Xbox Controller or any game controller, then it’s hard to play games using the traditional keyboard. Therefore, you should pair the PS4 Controller with MacBook, and enjoy numerous games that support game controllers.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Games like Soccer, Racing, Shooting, always gives a better experience when played with a controller. Although, the PS4 controller can be connected to the Mac via USB as well as Bluetooth. Most of the users prefer Bluetooth connection over wired. Check out the further steps and connect the PlayStation controller to MacBook.
How to Pair PS4 DualShock 4 Controller to MacBook Pro, Mac on Mac Big Sur
How to Disconnect DualShock 4 Controller from PS4
If you were playing on PS4 with the same DualShock 4 controller, then unpair it from the PlayStation and then connect it to the Mac. Power On the PlayStation 4 and follow the stepwise guide to the unpair controller from PS4.
- Open the Settings on the PS4.
- Choose Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Lastly, select the DualShock 4 and Disconnect
How to Pair PS4 DualShock 4 Controller with Mac on MacOS Big Sur
Here’s how it can be done. If you can’t play games with DualShock 4 Controller then check the game you are playing is compatible with PS4 Controller?
- Turn On the Mac.
- Don’t forget to charge the PS4 Controller before diving into games.
- Now, press and hold the PlayStation button and Share button to put the PS4 Controller into pairing mode.
- You’ll see blinking light when it is in pairing mode.
- On your MacBook, Mac, click on the Apple menu on the top menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Then, go to Bluetooth.
- The DualShock 4 Controller will appear in the Bluetooth Settings, right-click on it and click Connect
How to Unpair DualShock PS4 Controller from Mac
Later, when you don’t need a controller or want to play with other devices, then here’s how to unpair from the Mac.
- Click on the Apple
- Open System Preferences.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth.
- Click on the PS4 Controller and Unpair