Encounter Error 3194 in iTunes comes, when you are updating or downgrading your iPhone and iPad. Here are the complete solutions on iTunes error 3194. Whenever you are restoring or updating iPhone, iPad and iPod touch through iTunes. Here are the fixed – Solved answers on through different tips applied by several thousand iOS device lovers. So keep asking one by one might one of the pieces of advice works for you.
Updated 2020: Make sure your iTunes updated with the latest version on Mac or PC. Also, Check are restoring the newest firmware when you start to restore explained in step 1.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
iTunes Says: iPhone could not be restored iTunes error 3194, An unknown error occurred.
Bypass, While you get iTunes error 3194 on Upgrade or Downgrade iOS using iTunes from iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11 and Earlier iOS respectively.
Point down this link to fix iTunes error 3600 mostly occur during fix iTunes error 3194.
Here’s are the solutions to Fix iTunes Error 3194
Watch Hands-on Video to Fix Your Problem, Bypass iTunes Error 3194 on Restoring and Update
#1. Fix iTunes Error 3194 With the help of DFU mode
- Step 1: Close iTunes in your MAC/Windows computer.
- Step 2: Open host file (Mac/ Windows), Know How to open and Edit in Host file saved on the local Mac or PC’s hard drive.
For Mac Users:
- Open “Terminal“, Using Type “Terminal” in Spotlight search (Command + E)
- Open Finder and Go to Applications/ Utilities and Find Terminal.app.
Once you open a terminal on screen and type below command and hit enter to open host file,
sudo nano /etc/hosts
Enter the Mac administrator password and press return key. (Open hosts file with administrate rights)
Now, Move cursor line using the keyboard arrow key.
Windows: Open & Edit Host file on Windows 10/ Windows 8 or Windows 7
Go to the “c: drive” under My computer > windows > system32 > drivers > etc > hosts
Step 3: Remove entries from the end of the host file, contents with gs.apple.com
Or last line Comment line with (#) symbol and single space.
See Example in Picture
# 220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com
Press control + O shortcut keys to save the host file. And Control + X to exit the editor.
- Step 4: Now connect your iPhone (iPad and iPod touch) with your computer through the lighting cable.
- Step 5: Open iTunes. And Connect iPhone to iTunes via lightning cable.
- Step 6: Switch off your iPhone. Restore iPhone in DFU mode/ Recovery mode using the steps below,
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, XS Max/ iPhone XS/ iPhone XR/ iPhone X/ iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: Restore or Downgrade into DFU mode by Hard Reboot iPhone
- Quickly press and Release Volume up button and
- Quickly press and Release Volume down button
- Next only press and hold the side button until the black screen on the iPhone.
Now, Press and Hold Volume down button and Side button for 3 seconds. Then Release Side button and only press Volume down button until iTunes Says your iPhone into recovery mode in a popup like below, You’re done your job 99%. Restore now.
iPhone 7/ 7 Plus enter in Recovery mode (iPhone 7 DFU Mode), Press and Hold Sleep/ Wake + Volume down button for 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen. After that Release Volume down button and Continue with sleep/ wake button until you see warning pop up on iTunes (PC or Mac).
- iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/6/6 Plus/6S/6S Plus: Start DFU mode by hold power, and home button together for 10 seconds then release the only power button and hold the home button continuously until iTunes shows the message “your device is now in recovery mode” in iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- Step 7: Update your iOS with restore features in iTunes and Go back to the host file again.
After Restore iOS on iPhone/ iPad or iPod Touch, Flush DNS cache by restarting your iTunes.
- Step 8: Remove the last line entered by you from the host file (if any), recently.
Is error 3194 fix doesn’t work in iTunes While Restoring or Updating iPhone/ iPad from anywhere? Try our below given alternative method that is very easy and unique.
2. Still getting error 3194, then apply to fix error 3194 in iTunes
Now the same process you have to do with this method, add below three lines at last in the host file.
The reason behind displaying error 3194 in iTunes when connecting iPhone
Sometime jailbreak, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch setup should by modify host file. Then you will block from the Apple server (Because of server IP address modification). Some of the jailbreak tweaks triggered error while updating your old iOS or restore iOS process.
Read More: Can’t Update or Restore the iPhone using iTunes.
Premium Support is Free NowWe are happy to help you! Follow the next Step if Your Solution is not in this article, Submit this form without Sign Up, We will revert back to you via Personal Mail. In Form, Please Use the Description field to Mention our reference Webpage URL which you visited and Describe your problem in detail if possible. We covered your iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 6(Plus), iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS.
We wish you best for getting a solution on Fix error 3194 in iTunes when your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch synchronize; any other more helps then comment in below. Very useful for all, Share it and like it.