Last Updated on Nov 20, 2020
Are you in a problem before installing third-Party Apps or Software? Because of a lack of free space. Try below steps for Free up space on Macbook Mac. To update your current OS X You need much more space than you expect, 6 to 7 GB must be required this time for download and install OS X on your iMac, MacMini, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air. generally, users are getting messages like ” Free up space on Mac”, ”Your Startup disk almost full”, Need more space for start installation on your Mac, Required more space.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Try Different Ways on Free up space on MacBook, Mac
I would also like to recommend a one-click solution for clean your mac using Mac’s best Mac cleaning Software from MacPaw best compatible for all Mac devices. Don’t interested, For that go with manual action right from the below steps.
Below steps also useful if your system running on OSX.
Delete Large Files and Documents: Quickly Free Up Storage
We have official settings for manage storage on your MacBook, Mac. This will help in find large Documents and Files saved on your Mac, MacBook Drive. Let’s see how to find it using the Manage storage option.
- Go to the Apple logo () From the top mac menu and Click on About this mac.
- Now, Select the Storage Tab > Manage Option and See consumed space by Different media, files, and Online Backup files.
- Also, Find the new option this will help in clean offline TV shows and movie files downloaded from the internet. Click on Optimize and Quickly free up Gigabytes of Storage on yours Mac without Software.
- Next is How to Find the large files and Unused files from Mac drive. Click on Documents from the side panel and See the list of Files shorted with file size.
- Select the Unused file and Click on the Delete option to remove from your computer completely.
- More you will manage Applications, Mail, Messages, Music, and podcasts.
Clear Purgeable Space on Mac MacBook
Purgeable Space is system files and folder that’s unused and Hard to clear those files. Sometimes Cleaning Purgeable storage using Thord-Party Software makes our Mac system buggy and slow. But most of the case Purgeable space gives free space and Improve in Performance as well. So the ideal solution for clean Purgeable space on Mac is Reinstall MacOS on your Macbook, Mac running on any MacOS. Re-installation will clean up your mac first, Then install the latest macOS Version on your Mac from the internet.
- Backup your Mac in External Drive using Time Machine, or Copy the important files and folders to an external USB drive or External Hard Disk.
- Clean up Mac and Re-Install macOS.
- Go to the Apple logo () From the top mac menu > Click on Restart option.
- Next, During the next startup your Mac, Press, and Hold Command + R key from the Keyboard. until you see the MacOS Utility window on the screen.
- Now, Click on the Disk Utility option and Open it. From Disk Utility, select the Drive from Sidebar and Erase your Mac. Once your Erase close Disk Utility window.
- And you will move to the macOS utility window, Click on Reinstall MacOS option.
- And Wait for installation by following on-screen instructions.
- Next, you can check Purgeable space free up and Restore Your latest backup using a Time machine from the external drive.
- That’s it.
1st: Try to Remove Large Files
You can easily remove large files with the filter option available in finder. You can easily find and Delete/ Move to make more space in your Mac.
- Open Finder from spotlight search and Open it.
- On Latest MacOS, Open Finder > From top Select more option, and Select Order by Size.
- Older version of macOS, Follow this, From
Now filter file from finder by entering size and more. remove/ Trash unused files and folder or Copy to other external drive.
2nd: Disk inventory tools
Disk inventory tools are a great option for automatically find large files that will never use in the future. Like web browsing cookies, Third-party apps, and more.
- Tools here And Compatible with OS X 10.3 or later.
3rd: Remove old iOS device backup
iCloud backup is also the best option for those users who have more enough space to take the whole backup, Because iOS device backup takes more space in your iCloud account for Photos, Videos, Contacts, and Calendars, and Settings.by remove iTunes OLD iOS backups you can release numbers of GBs space from your Mac’s hard drive space. if possible only keep the last backup in place two or three.
4th remove unused Apps
Check your Application folder and remove unwanted apps by right click on it and click on “Move to Trash”.
if you have any alternatives tricks on Free up space on Latest MacOS.