Protect your data by hide folder on Mac OS X Yosemite and Mavericks what you want. Below tips is very useful for you when you have important files, Your Mac is share with others, accidently delete by someone or your kids. Not sure how to keep privacy on files and folders then perfect solution is that, create hidden folder or hide folder on Mac which was already created. Process is same on Yosemite (OS X 10.10) or Maverics (OS X 10.9) but quite different terminal command.
Hider 2: Hide folder on Mac App in just $19.99
- Steps for Hide folder on Mac OS X Yosemite and Mavericks or Show
- 1st Show all hidden folders in Finder using terminal
- 2nd Choose directory or create folder under the Mac directory
- 3rd Hide folder on Mac OS X Yosemite OS X 10.10
- Now for Mac OS X 10.8 or before
- 1st Create or Make hide folder in before Mavericks OS (OS X 10.9)
Steps for Hide folder on Mac OS X Yosemite and Mavericks or Show
To make folder hidden Process has been same for both Yosemite and Mavericks. First we check how it will works on Yosemite (OS X 10.10)
Compatible Devices: Mack book pro, Mac book mini, Mac Book Air and OS X 10.10 or OS X 10.9
To create hidden folder on Yosemite, you have to follow the below steps
- Show all hidden folders in Finder using terminal
- Create hidden folder that you can show or hide any time
- Hide all folder included created new one from terminal
Step 1: Open terminal App, (under the Finder > Applications > Utilities)
Step 2: Copy this command and past it in terminal,
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder
3rd Hide folder on Mac OS X Yosemite OS X 10.10
Step 1: Again launch terminal as defined first,
Step 2: Copy the below command and run in terminal
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean false ; killall Finder
Now for Mac OS X 10.8 or before
Do the same processes Show all hidden folder, Create hidden folder and hide folder using terminal only.
1st Create or Make hide folder in before Mavericks OS (OS X 10.9)
This also works on OS X 10.8 and above version, For Yosemite and Mavericks you have to follow above method.
- Show all or get hidden folders on finder by run below command on terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities)
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE ; killall Finder
- Create hidden folder under the directory.
- Hide hidden folder by running below command in terminal,
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE ; killall Finder
Now, you are done, you might also like: How to decrease/ Reduce transparency in OS X Yosemite.
This is very useful for get already old hidden folder on your Mac OS X Yosemite or Mavericks, Create hidden folder and then Hide folder on Mac OS X Yosemite OS.