Apple Music lovers should use the iCloud Music Library feature. This feature allows you to save your songs in a playlist or album, which can be accessed on different Apple devices running on the same Apple ID. Although the iCloud Music Library does not consume a lot of space, many people turn it off due to insufficient space in their iCloud (which has a limited space of 5GB).
Steps Turn off iCloud Music Library on iOS and macOS
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll the screen to Find Music App.
3. On this screen, turn the toggle to the left side next to Sync Library.
4. “Turn off Sync Library” This will remove all Apple Music content and downloads from your library on this device
5. Choose Turn Off.
Steps to Turn Off iCloud Music Library on Mac
1. Open the Music App on your Mac.
2. Now click on music on the top menu bar.
3. Select Settings… or press keys together (Command +).
4. So now, go with the General Tab that appears on the header.
5. Uncheck the box next to Sync Library. You can re-enable it (Music library) at any time by checking the box again.
6. Click OK to save your changes.
If you are getting the error something like this on enables or Disable iCloud music library on iOS or Mac,
- Missing or mismatched album artwork
- Wrong metadata
- Live tracks matched to their studio versions
This will fix the cloud side. Apple will auto-fix the temporary error and will be right next time you re-enable & start to use the iCloud Music library catalog in your iCloud account.
Troubleshoot the issues on iCloud Music Library
iCloud library is not accessible like Mail or Drive files. The music library will auto-sync or update to the different existing devices or set up a new device with the same Apple ID. If you are having trouble in sync, log out of Apple ID and re-login your Apple ID (Settings > Profile name > Sign out).
If this post is helpful to you, Disable or Enable the iCloud music library on any device.