Table of Contents Show
- Solution iPhone SE 2 Mic Not working So unable to use dictation on iPhone SE and cannot hear Sound that’s why sound unclear calls Mic
- Solution 1: Check the Ringer Switch on the device
- Solution 2: Make sure Volume level is high
- Solution 3: Restart Your iPhone SE
- Solution 4: Disable Bluetooth on iPhone
- Solution 5: Make sure Do Not Disturb is disabled
- Solution 6: Check the Notification settings for a particular app
- Solution 7: Reset All Settings
- Solution 8: Restore iPhone
Audio and microphone problem often arises in the iPhone and it is a common problem between iOS users. So I would like to discuss iPhone SE no sound and iPhone SE microphone not working after the iOS update in this post. Many times this issue gets solved by the following tricks and if you are unable to fix, the iPhone is probably encountered by a hardware fault.
By chance you can fix the iPhone SE microphone not working iOS 12, it will be very grateful for you. otherwise, you might have to visit the Apple Store or any other repair center to get the problem resolved.
Solution iPhone SE 2 Mic Not working So unable to use dictation on iPhone SE and cannot hear Sound that’s why sound unclear calls Mic
Solution 1: Check the Ringer Switch on the device
When I put my iPhone in the pocket the ringer switch turned off/on it happens all the time with me. So when you place your iPhone in the pocket, keep hold the device in a proper way and then slide in your pocket to avoid this. Two to three times slide the ringer switch and check No sound in iPhone SE is fixed.
Solution 2: Make sure Volume level is high
Sometimes low call volume, ringer volume or media volume can cause you big problems. However, to verify that Microphone not working in iPhone SE after iOS 12, you should go and check the volumes as described,
- Step #1: Navigate to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Sounds”.
Drag the slider to higher up the volume level of Call, Ringer, and Music.
Alternatively, you can increase the volume level right from the Control Center and by pressing the Volume buttons too.
Solution 3: Restart Your iPhone SE
Apple iPhone SE left speaker not working in iOS 12? This type of error might be generated in your device due to minor bugs and glitches. As you have seen another speaker is working perfectly only the left speaker is not working, hence give a fresh start to iPhone to fix iPhone SE left speaker not working.
Step #1: Press and hold the Side button and Home button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Solution 4: Disable Bluetooth on iPhone
You won’t hear any sound in your iPhone as if you have connected to any Bluetooth speaker or device. If your device is paired and connected with another speaker then you must disable the Bluetooth and check the speaker is working or not. To do so,
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Bluetooth”.
- Step #3: Toggle off the Bluetooth.
Also, you can swipe up the Control Center and disable Bluetooth from there.
Solution 5: Make sure Do Not Disturb is disabled
Do Not Disturb is a very useful function when you don’t want to get disturbed by others while sleeping or in a meeting. Once you enable Do Not Disturb, the iPhone will not send an alert sound while incoming calls, messages, or notification until you toggle off the Do Not Disturb mode. Let’s check out Do Not Disturb is disabled or not,
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Do Not Disturb”.
- Step #3: Disable Do Not Disturb if it is enabled.
Else swipe up the Control Center and tap on the half moon icon to toggle off Do Not Disturb mode.
Solution 6: Check the Notification settings for a particular app
In case if you won’t hear the sound from a specific application like a call or message, then from the settings make sure you have toggled on Allow Notifications for that application.
- Step #1: Head over to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Notifications”.
- Step #3: Locate the app that causing trouble with the sound.
- Step #4: Tap on the app.
- Step #5: Make sure that “Allow Notification” is enabled.
Solution 7: Reset All Settings
Making unwanted changes in the iPhone can result in such problems. So if you have made some settings unknowingly and don’t know which setting is causing iPhone SE sound not working iOS 12 then reset all the settings to default. It will revert the settings of iPhone SE to factory settings.
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Open “Reset”.
- Step #4: Select the “Reset All Settings”.
- Step #5: Enter the password and let the process get completed.
Solution 8: Restore iPhone
Still, iPhone SE microphone not working after iOS 12 update? Then the last available option left for you is to restore iPhone to factory settings. This action will wipe out all the settings and data stored on the iPhone. In order to prevent data loss, you should take a backup of the iPhone before restoring the iPhone.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app from the Home Screen.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Tap “Reset”.
- Step #4: Choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Step #5: Enter the required Passcode to restore iPhone.
Do you need more assistance, don’t worry, and feel free- You can ask us in the comments! We will revert you as soon as possible.