Last Updated on Jul 8, 2021
Recently I had experienced my iPhone won’t ring on incoming calls, and the same problem occurred on my friend’s iPhone, and his iPhone won’t ring at all. We have brought you the most relatable solutions that will fix the iPhone won’t ring.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Besides if you are the one who has a question about why my iPhone stops ringing? Or my iPhone won’t ring only vibrate, or iPhone won’t ring when I get a text or while driving. All these troubles will be addressed in this article, and hopefully, you will get a positive response.
iPhone is muted all the way, So your iPhone won’t ring or Vibrate when called or Locked. (Check side button – Mute/Unmute)
Troubleshooting tips for iPhone won’t Ring or Vibrate
Solution 1: Check the Silent switch
For our convenience, Apple has included the Silent button on the iPhone XS Max. Compare to other smartphones iPhone is the only one that gives you quick access to silent the device. But sometimes while using the device the button gets switched unknowingly. Hence check the silent switch off your device, and if the device is silent, then iPhone won’t ring on incoming calls or alerts or texts.
A switch should be off position, Orange part on the switch should be hidden.
- To Enable Phone Vibration, Go to the Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Vibration (Must be turned on), After that we can Enable and Work Ring on Vibrate and Silen on Vibrate settings available on iPhone. (Settings > Sound & haptics > Vibrate on Silent / Vibrate on Ring). Also follow this article on iPhone won’t vibrate on Call, Notification, Texts or Email.
Solution 2: Disable Do Not Disturb mode
Indeed, if you have enabled the Do Not Disturb mode in iPhone XS Max, then iPhone won’t ring or show notifications. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is not turned on.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Do Not Disturb”.
- Step #3: Toggle off the “Do Not Disturb” and “Scheduled” both the options.
Alternatively, you can disable Do Not Disturb right from the Control Center, to do so tap on the moon symbol in the Control Center.
iPhone won’t ring while driving, the iPhone won’t ring in a car seat.
- Do Not Disturb while driving is an advanced setting for the car driver. This option allows you to set Limit notifications while driving. Incoming calls will be allowed when is connected to car bluetooth or a hands-free accessory. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Activate > Manually. also, Disable Activate With Carplay option.
iPhone Won’t Ring When asleep
- You can set, turning on ringtone after enable do not disturb. Under the Scheduled Do Not Disturb settings, Disable Bedtime option.
Settings for iPhone won’t ring when receiving text, Go to the Settings app on iPhone > Sound & Haptics > Text Tone > Set none.
iPhone won’t ring when connecting to bluetooth headphones: Remove Paired Bluetooth device under the bluetooth settings,
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone > Bluetooth > Tap on (i) > Forget This Device.
Solution 3: Check that Ringer and Alerts are not muted
iPhone won’t ring when called only vibrates, Your iPhone vibrates automatically in silent mode. To Disable “Vibrate on Silent” that given in the below settings.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings”.
- Step #2: Tap “Sounds”.
- Step #3: Now turn on both “Vibrate on Ring” and “Vibrate on Silent”.
Usually, if you are facing iPhone XS Max won’t vibrate then this can be a potential solution for it.
Solution 4: Enable Allow Notifications
Even if your iPhone is working absolutely fine, but you have disabled the notifications for Phone and Messages, it will not ring. So make sure that Allow Notifications is turned on for both of them.
- Step #1: Launch “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Notifications”.
- Step #3: Go to Phone and Messages and toggle on “Allow Notifications”.
Solution 5: Restore iPhone to factory settings
Still, the iPhone XS Max won’t ring persist? Then its time to wipe out the iPhone and remove every single malfunctioning element from it. So if you decide to restore the iPhone then take backup of your device because everything will be erased from the iPhone once you Restore iPhone XS Max to Factory Settings.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings”.
- Step #2: Tap “General” and open “Reset”.
- Step #3: Select “Erase All Content and Settings”.
Still not help above solutions, Might be Speaker is damaged or not working. You can get free technical assistance from apple support. Get replacement or repair service in free.