Last Updated on Jul 10, 2021
Clear data, Means Reset mac to factory settings very essential action before selling your used Mac running on the latest macOS version, here. You can also follow the same process you have to follow on an older OS X Version (macOS Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion). No single change for iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini. Without any third party, Mac cleaner Software or Factory reset Applications, you can erase data, Settings and Saved History on App store, Browsers, Notes delete completely with Mac to factory setting.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Note: Factory reset to make your Mac fresh like a new purchase if you are tolerating the freeze, Corrupted OS X, Auto close apps, Battery Drains, and Network problems.
After Factory reset you can reinstall the latest version of OS X online for your Mac’s Edition, Automatically. You can’t install or choose the option for the downgraded OS X version.
Steps for Reset Mac to Factory Settings or Clean Mac for Sell: Any macOS Version
Important Note: M1 Mac users can directly Erase all content and settings on Mac like iPhone & iPad.
- Step 1: Open MacOS Utilites on Mac [M1 or Intel].
- Intel Mac: Restart your Mac OS X, That you want factory reset. After a second, Press Command + R from your keyboard, Until you will see the OS X Utility window on Screen.
- M1 Mac: Turn off your Mac and Turn on after 20 seconds, Press and Hold Power button, until your Mac screen show, Volume and Options [Gear icon] > Click on Options.
- Step 2: Next, select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
- Step 3: Choose your startup disk and erase that with the Erase option. It will erase your drive completely. Mind that your disk format type must be “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)“.
- Step 4: Set your disk startup name and again go with the Erase button.
Last, Complete factory reset you need to install the latest OS X, by reinstalling from start-up screen. After Erase the Drive close this Disk Utility window.
When your Mac turns on, Without OS X installed your screen must be Disk Utility.
There, You have to go with Reinstall MacOS > Then Continue.
Follow on-screen easy instructions for OS X install after Reset mac to factory settings. I am sure about that, You never stuck with the stop process in between.
However, you get any problem check your internet connectivity. All is fine, Then share with me on the comment section.