Last Updated on Mar 25, 2022
Are you looking to Hide your Private Photo on Mac from the Photos app or Finder? Here are alternate Methods to Lock Photos on Mac using the Free app and Hide in Hidden Album in the Apple Photos app. Photos app on Mac is too much improved from UI, Features, and Optimized Speed. Here I show you one of the essential features like unhiding/ Hide pictures in the Photo app. You are not using any third-party apps for security purposes like hiding photos or not trusting on third-party apps, and then try this hidden but handy feature for all private photos in 2 Ways.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
This kind of photo hiding feature is also available in the latest iOS version. Some people point to these features as foolish, but it’s beneficial when unknown users try to see your Photos in previews or Search the whole album on Mac.
Steps for Unhide/ hide pictures in Photo app or From Finder in macOS
in Photos app:-
- 1: Open photos app on Mac, Macbook or iMac.
- 2: Choose photos that you want hide on Mac (From photos app).
- Select multiple pictures randomly: Press Shift key + Click on last image for select all portions of images at once.
- Choose multiple photos in series: Press Command and Click on photos that you want select.
Select photos will appear with a blue boundary around each photo.
- 3: From top Photos app menu, Click on image > Hide Photos or Use shortcut Command + L.
- 4: Your selected photos will be hidden from all types on photos app categories and labels – Moments, Collections and Years. But will only appear in Hidden album.
Show Hidden photos on Mac photo app and Hidden Album
- 1: Go to the top photos app menu, Click on View.
- 2: Hidden album available under main Album section.
- 3: For Direct access Hidden folder enable Photo app sidebar (From top Menu View > Show Sidebar).
In the third step, I would like to recommend hide this panel from the sidebar. So no one can find your private photos collection on Mac easily. To access the Hidden album we don’t need any passcode.
where is the hidden album on mac?
Hide Hidden Album from Photos app on Mac, Select View > Hide Hidden Photo Album.
Hidden Folder will not see on the Photos sidebar on Mac
Follow the next Tips to Set Passcode for Hidden Photos on Mac, and how to lock hidden photos on Mac?
how to Lock Hidden Photos on Finder Mac Using PIN Lock
Here are the alternate techniques to hide Photos from finder on Mac with Security PIN lock. That’s a more powerful way to hide photos from Mac than the Photos app’s hidden album feature. without add photos to the Hidden album, Secure Photos and Video using Pin lock.
- Open F-Vault app on Mac and Download app to Mac from app store.
- Next, Create a New Lock PIN and Enter your Recovery email for forgot password.
- Here’s F-Valult Secure Dashboard, Drage files or Pictures/Videos to F-Vault and make Secure. here’s the other folder management option is also available. Create a new folder or Add in to esiting folder.
- Now, Once Export your Photos to App, your app will ask to delete original photo from finder.
- Close this app and access anytime by launch app again.
How to View Photos on Mac Finder
Follow the below steps for View or Export Hidden photos from the F-Vault app to Finder on Mac.
- Open F-Valult app on Mac, enter pin to view all hidden photos.
- Select Photos and Right click on, Select “Export to Finder“. That’s it.
- Select, Finder location and Save it to Mac finder.
- That’s it.
Other new features of photos in macOS sierra are very useful
Facial Recognization: The photo library automatically examines all photos with the object and Creates a group of images.
Add People and Labeling: Manually add people in “Add People” features.
Memories: Enjoy auto-create memories into video or Custome settings for Memories.
Places: Show photos on maps, Where you have taken photos of geographical locations.
More Powerful search
Hope you enjoyed hide pictures in the Photo app on Mac and Other bonus features available on your Mac, iMac, Macbook Pro, or Macbook Air.