Gboard dictation (google keyboard speech to text punctuation) allows you to search through speech to text. Therefore, now you can use the Gboard app all-time free from typing manually. It becomes iOS #1 third-party keyboard for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The Gboard app is compatible with the latest iOS devices. Gboard’s new dictation feature will ask you to access your iOS device’s microphone. If you want to search on Google learn here How do I enable voice typing on Gboard?, then you must be enabled iOS Microphone.
Besides, your voice input for Gboard will be sent to Google transcription to get an accurate search result. Let’s look below at how to enable and use the Gboard speech to text feature on iOS devices.
Note: Gboard is available for iPhones and iPads with latest iOS and iPadOS
Note: Talk-to-text doesn’t work with all languages.
How to Turn on Gboard Speech to text (Input Voice typing) on iOS keyboard
Before Start and Use Gboard App on your iPhone, iPad
- Update the Google Gboard app to the Latest Version of iOS from the App Store.
- Before getting started with the following steps, make sure you have installed the Gboard app keyboard on your iPhone, otherwise, you may face some steps that don’t show up on your Phone screen. if you have no idea how to install a gboard keyboard please refer to our complete guide to add a gboard keyboard on your iPhone. in More, your iPhone dictation must be enabled. Settings > General > Keybarod > Scroll down the screen turn Enable Dictation toggle On/Green > Tap Enable Dictation to confirm.
- Once you enable the Dictation Force to close all app and Re-Try Voice to Text from Google Gboard app.
Steps for Turn on Voice to Text On Google Gboard iPhone, iPad
Here’s how to activate the microphone to search.
- Step 1. Launch an App that uses the keyboard- For Example, Messages, Whatsapp, etc.
- Step 2. Tap on the typing area where you can enter text.
- Step 3. now switch to the gboard just tap and hold on the Glob icon that you can see at the bottom-left side on the keyboard. [Read here– Glob icon Missing on iOS Keybaord]
- Step 4. Go to tap on Settings look like a gear icon. You will see the Gboard App settings Screen.
- Step 4. Tap on Keyboard Settings, then turn Voice-input ON. Open the Gboard app on iPhone and Find the Below settings for Gboard Keyboard App. Enable Voice input toggle under the Keyboard Settings option.
How Do You Use Voice Typing on iPhone Gboard?
After turning on Voice input in the gboard, you will see the Microphone icon on Keyboard. Start sending a message via Voice and give your search speech to get an accurate result.
For those guys, who thinking don’t need Gboard Voice typing, then there is an option to disable it. The following steps let you turn off the text to speech.
Disable/ Turn off Gboard Voice Typing on iPhone Keyboard
- Step 1. Tap and hold on the Glob icon that you can see at the bottom-left side on the keyboard.
- Step 2. Go to tap on Settings look like a gear icon. So it will let you on the Gboard App settings Screen.
- Step 3. Tap on Keyboard Settings, then turn Voice-input Off. By the way, the voice-typing icon located on the Gboard keyboard space bar will remove.
- When you are feeling Gboard speech to text missing or not working, then you must match the following essential points to fix.
You must have enabled Microphone for Gboard under the settings App. also don’t forget to see, not any restrictions for third-party apps to allow access.
Gboard Voice typing not working iPhone Correctly
in the case of your Apple iPhone or iPad have installed the Google Gboard keyboard but many users facing when they try to use the voice to text feature by holding the space bar down at that moment it acting up. If you are looking for a solution then go here to fix the gboard voice typing not working on iPhone.
If having trouble or missing something when you’re using Google keyboard speech to text punctuation. Please let us know in below comment box. We’ll try to give you the best solution asap.
Try This ->> Gboard Alternatives keyboard for iOS