Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Since the craze of customizing the iOS 14 iPhone home screen is going all over the world, why not tailor the app icons for new look and gesture? Yes, it is possible to replace the default App Icons of the iPhone to whichever image or icon you would like from the iPhone. It can be done only using the Shortcuts App, and sadly, it is quite a long procedure, but once you’re used to it, and learn how to change the app icons on iPhone, it’ll fairly take few minutes to change the app icons. Shortcut Apps lets you choose your desired icon/picture to set as an app icon, this way you can completely redesign the home screen of the iPhone within no time.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
However, you would need to dig the internet to find the suitable App Icons that match your liking, but once you go on the right path, there is no going back. Start with the stepwise guide to change the default app icons on the iPhone in the iOS 14. No matter, what app it is, the below steps are applicable to all the applications downloaded on your iPhone.
How to Change App Icons on iPhone iOS 14?
Usually, when it comes to Shortcuts App, it’s quite tricky to use the features made through Shortcuts App, however, while concerning the changing the app icons, it won’t be difficult.
Tip: After changing the App Icon, if it doesn’t work properly, or crashes randomly, I’d suggest you to create the only shortcuts that are being mostly used, and remove others.
- Launch the Shortcuts App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Hit the Plus button on the upper-right corner.
- Tap Add Action.
- Search for the Open App
- Tap Open App.
- Select the Choose option.
- Find the app that you wish to change the app icon using the Search bar.
- Hit the three-dots on the upper-right corner.
- Choose to Add to Home Screen.
- Tap on the App Icon near the Shortcut Name field.
- Choose between the Take Photo, Choose Photo and Choose File, from where you would like to pick the image for the app icon.
- Give Shortcut a name.
- On the top-right corner, tap Add.
- Again tap on the Done to save the Shortcut.
- Exit the Shortcuts App and get back to the home screen.
Limitations of Customizing App Icons on iOS 14 iPhone
There are two major limitations, we’ve encountered when customizing the app icons of the iPhone. This is because we are using the Shortcuts App, not the official way to do it.
After changing the app icon, you won’t be getting any Notification Badges and most importantly, when you tap on the customized app icon, it’ll open the Shortcuts app first and then the actual app.