Many Mac users have been complaining that unable to use Messages app or iMessage send or receive on your Mac running macOS Mojave or macOS Catalina. I Know macOS has the biggest update ever, Are you new Mac user or Setup Clean install macOS. Then you might be not getting or sending a message from your Mac cause of old settings are reset or overwrite.
In this article, we cover all major issues and troubleshooting tips on how to refresh your Mac again to use iMessage.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Thankfully, Apple is abandoning the need to download third-party applications and developing a better world for its customer. If you want to connect with video call, then simply go to FaceTime [Having FaceTime issues], want to pay money then Apple Pay is there for you, etc. Likewise, to text someone without spending extra bucks than use iMessage, only you will need an internet connection. All these facilities are available on almost all devices like Mac, MacBook, iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
Though it will take some time to build a stable platform. Till then we have to face and fix our issues whether it is FaceTime Not Working or iMessage waiting for activation. The problem with iMessage in Mac after updating to macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina is, in spite of perfectly logged into iCloud are showing Authentication error, and so iMessage is down in macOS Mojave after Update MacOS Catalina.
iMessage Problems on Mac OS Mojave, macOS Catalina: Not Working and Send or Receive
My Mac Won’t receive or send Message: is apple server down? Check Apple System Status.
Messages app on Mac required valid authentication; First Authenticate your Apple ID in Message app to start New Conversation, receive a message or reply text message.
- Open the “Messages app” on Mac using Spotlight Search.
- Are you using the Message app first time then you need to log in with your Apple ID? See below screen,
- After a long time, you haven’t used Mac for Message. Logout and Login Message app on Mac.
- Go to top Menu” > “Messages” > “Preferences” > “iMessage” > “Sign Out”
- And “Sign in” again.
Unable to log in with Apple ID On Mac’s iMessage or FaceTime app
Reboot your Mac in Safe more works in most cases, my Reader “titioft” share the problem and fix that work for him, boot in safe mode (maintain shift key while powering-on the mac until the beep and the apple logo). That helps you to login back in iMessage & FaceTime.
Delete iMessage Cache File Under the Library
First of all, Open the Finder window on Mac. Now, Go to the top menu and Go > Go to Folder.
Now on your Finder window, New popup windows appear on the screen, Enter the below path and Hit to Go.
Next, Find the Folder named,
Select the above folder and drag it to a Trash bin. Now Go back to Library Folder and Find Preferences folder. Finder the Below files and folder and delete it.
After that Reboot your Mac and Try again. I m sure this will fix the issues iMessage not Delivery and failed to send from the macOS message app.
problem 2: Contacts not Showing in iMessage
You are unable to start a new conversation because of no any other device found on Mac. First Sync all the iPhone contacts means iCloud contacts to your Mac.
- Go to “System Preferences” on Mac.
- Click on “iCloud” > Login with “Apple ID” if not > Enable or “Keep selected Contacts”.
More, you can create Group chat for text with multiple people at once. Add more contacts and enjoy.
Now, you can search All the Contacts and Apple ID saved in the contacts app. Not necessary all contacts has iMessage enabled.
Problem 3: iMessage not sent: Your message could not be sent
- “Your Message Could Not Be send, Not Register with iMessage“
- You can only send or This Apple ID or number for that iMessage activated.
- We can set it from the iOS device: First, try to activate iMessage on the Phone number. In case you failed, iMessage Waiting For Activation error than try to enable iMessage on Apple ID.
Activate iMessage on Apple ID from the iOS device:-
Problem 4: iMessage not syncing between Mac (Mojave/Catalina) and iPhone (iOS 12/13)
iMessage not syncing between Mac and iOS Devices
- Turn on “Sync Now” in Messages app on Mac,
- Open the “Messages app” on Mac.
- Go to “Top menu” > “Preferences” > “iMessages” > Enable “Messages in iCloud”
- Also Enable On iOS: Go to the “Setting app” on iPhone > “Profile Name” > “iCloud” > “Turn on Toggle” for Messages.
Problem 5: Not Receiving Message for particular contacts or all
You should check Do not Disturb not turned on for the contact from Message app contact details.
- Open your Conversation, Tap on “Details” at the top-right corner of the app.
- Uncheck “Do Not Disturb”.
-> Check Blocked Contacts in iMessage
Contacts added in Blocked list unable to receive iMessage or send from your Mac. First, check the settings and unblock them.
- Go to the Messages app preference on your Mac (MacOS Mojave/ macOS Catalina), Open “Messages app” > “Preferences” > “iMessage” Tab > “Blocked” Tab > Select “Contact” and Click on (-) sign to remove from list.
Problem 6: Unable to Sign in Apple ID in iCloud on Mac
- Try Again or Force Close app, I think it should be okay now.
Log Out of iCloud account on Mac
- Step 1: Click on the “Apple menu”. Open “System Preferences”.
- Step 2: Choose “iCloud”.
- Step 3: Click “Sign Out”.
- Step 4: Select “Keep a Copy”.
- Step 5: Download all files locally.
- Step 6: Click “Keep on This Mac”. This will save credentials locally.
- Step 7: Reboot Mac.
Re-Launch Messages app on Mac
- Step 1: Open the Messages app on Mac. Log in with your Apple ID that you use on other devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch)
- Step 2: After login successfully, you now send and receive iMessage on Mac.
Log into iMessage
- Step 1: Open “iMessage”.
- Step 2: Enter “iCloud” details.
- Step 3: Click “Next”.
- Step 4: Tap “Done”.
Your Mac Stuck on Date and Time Zone [iMessage/FaceTime issues]
Date and Time in Smart device is a crucial part of the system to work correctly, Your Smart device creates a log file that helps to prepare your data and send over at the right time. Sometimes users are looking for Timestamp of the message also called last seen. This point plays an important role here. Now, Let’s check how to do and set it Automatically or Manually depends on where you are? Select contradict options if Date & Time Automatically then select Manually or Manually to Automatic. The reason is some Firewall systems stuck on the update date and time.
- First Go to the Apple logo on your Mac > System Preference.
- Next, to This option, Select Date & Time. Click on the lock icon and enter a password to change the setting right now. Enter your Mac’s username and password. Now uncheck the option, Set Date and Time Automatically.
- Next, in the same windows, Move to the Time Zone tab. And Manually enter your location here, Click on Wold map to set your country. After change the time zone, close windows and reboot your Mac.
Problem 7: iMessage Sound Not playing on Mac: Mute & Unmute
Check Your Mac’s system sound is turned on.
- Open Messages app on Mac > Top Menu “Messages” > “Preferences” > “General” Tab > Select “Play Sound effects“
- Do not disturb should be disabled
Problem 8: Keep Messages On Mac: iMessage Text
For Messages app on Mac, Open Messages app on Mac
- Go to “Top menu” > “Messages” > “Preferences…”
- Next to click on “General” Tab > Select One of three options from the Dropdown list.
- One Year
- 30 Days
In case you remove the conversation from the list of Messages app.
- Another option is here that prevents and stays all the conversation after you delete or remove/ Closed.
- Enable – “Save history when conversations are closed”.
Problem 9: Old Conversation Won’t load or isn’t save
Force Close app and Reopen Messages app on Mac.
Premium Support is Free NowWe are happy to help you! Follow the next Step if Your Solution is not in this article, Submit this form without Sign Up, We will revert back to you via Personal Mail. In Form, Please Use the Description field to Mention our reference Webpage URL which you visited and Describe your problem in detail if possible. We covered your iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 6(Plus), iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS.
Change: Save Received Files to the location for message app on Mac
- Go to Message preferences page, “Messages” > “Preferences” > “General” > Use Dropdown option and Click on “Other”.
- Choose Finder location and “save” it.
Problem 10: How to use Tapback on Mac’s Messages app
- Click and Hold on Message to see quick Tapback options in the popup. Or Right-click on Message to see Tapback option.
Above are the most common Q&A for iMessage problems that help to fix and answer your questions. More Burning Questions and troubleshooting, please share with us via comments.