Table of Contents Show
- Fix: iMessage Not Working on MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, iMac, MacMini
- Set-up iMessage on Mac
- How to set-up iMessage in mac
- Sign out/Sign In iMessage on Mac
- Mac/MacBook: iMessage Effects not working on Mac
- Common iMessage Problems and Important Fixes
- Ensure That iMessage is Correctly Set-Up
- Restart messages
- iMessage not Sync between iPhone or iPad and Mac
- In Mac
- In Mac
- Delete some messages
- In Mac
- Mac is up to date or not
- Verify network settings
Let’s enable iMessage on all Apple devices and Start left the conversation on any device, Like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. You must set up iMessage that means activate and configure with Apple ID or Phone number. Now, now Apple has made this feature more advance by updating it with new functions. Generally, when you are messaging someone with another mobile you can only text them, but in iMessage, you can do much more than text. Share Apple Music, Install Third-Party Keyboard on iPhone, Emojis, GIFs, Videos, Send and Receive Apple Pay Cash (Transfer money Person to person), iMessage App Store on iPhone, iPhone Screen Effects, and many more things can be sent to another person through Wi-Fi.
The advantage of using an iPhone or iPad and Mac device is you can connect all devices with a signal message account. That means you have to enter Apple ID in Mac which you have already entered on iPhone or iPad and after connecting you will be able to receive messages on Mac and you can send from Mac over wifi. Send as many as messages with lots of attractive emojis to your friends, colleagues, and family members without expending a single penny.
Fix: iMessage Not Working on MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, iMac, MacMini
Set-up iMessage on Mac
iMessage is an advantageous feature for those who have an iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Because you can message anyone who uses iPhone or iPad and stays connected with them. Primarily you will need an Apple ID to use this facility if you have iTunes or iCloud ID then, it is also considered as Apple ID, and you can move further with it.
And if you are a new user of Apple then you can also create Apple ID in iMessage.
How to set-up iMessage in mac
- Step 1: Launch Messages from the Spotlight Search on Mac. | if you never used messages app on Mac, then the Welcome screen should iMessage with Apple ID and Password login.
- Step 2: Next, tap on Messages > “Preference” From top Mac Menu and then “Accounts”
- Step 3: click on iMessage and then for set-up enter your Apple ID and Password.
NOTE: At the time of sign-in entering the same Apple ID which you are using an iPhone or iPad or iPod.
After sign in Successfully
- Step #1: Click on Add Email ID then, enter the only email Id and phone number on which you want to receive messages.
- Step #2: if your phone number is already linked to Apple ID then it will automatically be added to the list.
- Step #3: If you want to show others that you’ve read the messages then click on “Select read receipts.”
Sign out/Sign In iMessage on Mac
If you don’t want to receive messages on a mac, then you must sign out from mac and make accounts inactive. By this, you will not be able to receive the messages, and your status will be changed to “Offline.”
- Step #1: launch Messages App on Mac.
- Step #2: Select “Preference” under Messages and then tap on Accounts
- Step #3: Then, click on the iMessage account
- Step #4: next to make account inactive click on “Enable this account” to deselect it also Try with Sign Out Option, after this your status will be displayed as Offline.
Mac/MacBook: iMessage Effects not working on Mac
macOS Big Sur or later macOS Version able to send or receive iMessage effect on Messages app on MacBook, Mac. You won’t play the iMessage effect on the Messages app if you turn on Reduce Motion on MacBook or Mac that prevents from Battery drain. Just turn off the Reduce Motion from the macOS Accessibility settings and Play your iMessage effect just like normal.
- Click on Apple Logo from top Mac Menu. And Select System Preferences option.
Common iMessage Problems and Important Fixes
- Try in Safe Mode (Called Boot Loop Mode), – Start or Restart your mac, Then immediately press and hold the Shift key only from your Mac Keyboard, Until you see the Login Screen of Mac. Release Shift Key when you see a login screen, [In some case Firvalut is enabled on Mac, Your Mac ask to enter Mac system password two times], Once you passed the login screen, Try Sent Message from Mac in Safe mode. [This safe mode Repair the Directory issues, Manage Caches and more]
- To Exit from Safe mode, Restart your Mac.
- The server is Offline in your Region: iMessage service depends on Apple Server.
- System Status in Canada:
- System Status in Canada:
Ensure That iMessage is Correctly Set-Up
Once check that you are ready to send or receive messages by approaching settings
- Step 1: Go to Settings
- Step 2: open, Messages and then verify whether the iMessage is on or off.
Sign Off and Sign in iMessage
This is another measure that may help to improve iMessage and fix all the problems.
In iOS you can’t sign off or sign in all you need to do is turn off iMessage from settings
- Step 1: Launch Settings on the iPhone.
- Step 2: Find Messages and open it
- Step 3: Turn off iMessage toggle to Grayed Out, it will disable that service.
- Step 1: open up Messages from the dock
- Step 2: Then click on Message > Preference from top Mac Menu and the open Accounts
- Step 3: Select the account on which you want to sign out and click on it to perform an action.
Our first towards any issue is to restart the app or program. So here we are going to do disable and then enable iMessage.
- Step 1: Launch Settings
- Step 2: Find and open Messages
- Step 3: On the top click on “iMessage” to disable and then again tap on it to enable.
iMessage not Sync between iPhone or iPad and Mac
If you find any message which is not syncing between iPhone and Mac then follow the below steps:
- New latest iOS and latest McOS has a new feature for Sync iMessage Between iPhone and Mac. Now, Your All Messages will store in iCloud, Enable Sync now on iPhone to use backup and sync with Mac Messages app.
In Mac, you just check the Apple ID which you have entered in iPhone is matching with iPhone or not. If both IDs vary, then you will never receive messages.
- Go to Messages > Preferences… > Accounts > “Enable Messages on iCloud” or “Sync Now“.
Check whether the contact is marked “Do Not Disturb.”
It is idiotic mistake people often make, sometimes they block the user and forgot. So it is also a factor that affects your messages syncing.
- #1: launch Messages app from the dock
- #2: open Preference and then tap on Accounts tab
- #3: then you will find blocked and there you can see the contacts you have blocked.
Delete some messages
- By performing this action, we can free some memory and make the iPhone free from junk file, and after that perhaps iMessage will work significantly.
- 1: launch Messages from the Dock
- 2: choose the chat which you want to remove
- 3: tap on the message which you want to delete and then right-click on it to delete that particular message.
Mac is up to date or not
- Sometimes when your device is up to date, then you may face some problems while using some apps, so it is better to update the device and use new features.
- launch App Store from the dock
- Search for Update button and tap on it to view the updates
- there you will get notified about the updates of Apps as well as for Software.
Verify network settings
If the Wi-Fi or cellular connection is not responding or lagging, then there will be a problem in sending and receiving the messages. So it is also a factor that can cause an interruption in iMessage.
So in Mac, you must check the Ethernet cable it is connected correctly or not. For iDevice, you can restart the device or turn off and on the data.
Above all is the possible fix for activating iMessage on Mac or iMessage not working on Mac after update or setup.