Screen Time has too many custom features and settings that we can apply on all iOS 12 devices. Screen Time works and uses iCloud to apply restrictions on app remotely from your iPhone, iPad’s settings. For Ex, Setup or add app limits on Child iPhone or iPad. Here I explained the real-time problem that happens to me and what we should that fix Screen Time problems. This tutorial also helpful for the new 2018 iPhone models, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. Just Fix it and Enjoy.
Bonus tips: Screen Time we can use for set passcode automatically before the open app. That we are using on Android mobile (Passcode on the app).
-:Jump To Content:-
- Screen Time Won’t Turn On or Greyed Out
- “Family Usage” Not Showing Child or Kid’s Name
- iPhone, iPad: “Sand Timer” icon Prefix of App Name
- iOS 12: Screen Time is off but still showing “Sand Timer” or “App Limit”
- My iPhone Turning off and Restart loop while Screen Time is on, Hanging and Freeze
- Screen Time Report or Graph usage not showing, Missing on iPhone, iPad
- Use Screen Time Passcode Not Working
- The App icon is Missing After Set Restriction From Screen Time
My iPhone affected with below real-time Screen Time problems & Solutions
1. Screen Time won’t turn on or Not Clickable
downtime, app limits, always allowed aren’t clickable and Greyed out.
Screen Time has some major internal glitches with iOS 12. That couldn’t allow using or turning on new Screen Time or Hiding “Screen Time turn on” option on iPhone/iPad.
That means your iCloud accounts are not as a parent or Guardian. You are restricted by your Family member. So move to that device or your Parent’s iOS device. And make it enable. See Below Video and fix
Video Source: YouTube. Find your Error and Fix with next solutions.
2. “Family Usage” Not Showing Child or Kid’s name in Screen Time
We can add all Family devices in screen Time as a Child or Person Via “iMessage” or “Create Child account” from the device.
Can’t find Chields account in Screen Time settings screen, Unable to Add Child or Kids in Screen Time: First Add a person in your Family Sharing for the Screen Time, Go to the “Settings” > “Profile Name” > “Family Sharing” > “Add Family Member..”
3. iPhone, iPad Home screen app showing “Sand Timer” icon Prefix of App Name
Home screen apps showing Sand Timer on App name on iPhone, iPad. Once your Apply or Turn on Screen Time for selected app categories, Your iPhone will find all the app automatically and set “Sand Timer” icon next to the name of the app on Home screen and App icon slightly dark and dimmed light app icon.
Turn off screen Time from “Settings” > “Screen Time” > “Turn Off Screen Time” (Enter Passcode if set).
3.1: iOS 12: Screen Time is off but still showing “Sand Timer” or “App Limit”
Screen Time is turned off from Settings, Can’t remove Screen Time from iPhone
- App limits are turned on, Turn off app limit: Go to the “Settings app” on “iPhone” > “Screen Time” > “App Limit” > “Delete“.
Apply will take time up to 2 minutes. To get Quickly effect you should go with Restart or Hard Reboot. Wait for that and test with your iPhone. Hopefully, you will access all the apps that you can’t open or Show App Limit screen after turn off screen Time.
4. My iPhone X turning off and Restart loop while Screen Time is on, Hanging and Freeze
Screen Time will manage in Background after turn it on. That handles the entire request in the background while the user tries to open. Let’s decrease overload on the processor and keep processing memory free while you record Camera, Play Game and Use Third-Party app or Official app.
5. Screen Time Report or Graph usage not showing on iPhone, iPad
“As you use your iPhone, Screen time will be reported here”
We can get detailed information about iPhone from Apps usage, Notification control, Number of pickups and more.
To Know this, Go to the “Settings” > “Screen Time” > “Tap on Graph” [Wait for Few Seconds or a minute]
Use Toady and last 7 Days tabs at the top.
Too Many Complexity on App, Reset Recorded Time usage, Start again
“Settings” > “Screen Time” > “Clear Usage Data”
- Force Close app or Restart your iPhone
6. Use Screen Time Passcode Not Working
Screen Time passcode Failed or Blocked: Failed Passcode Attempts showing the message: “Try again in 1 minute”, “Try again in 2 Minutes”, “Try Again in 15 Minutes”.
To remove passcode: Reset All Settings, Go to the “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” > “Reset All Settings”. Not helping out then tries with iPhone Clean Restore.
7. The App icon is Missing After Set Restriction From Screen Time
Screen time also uses for restriction on app and Content. In Screen Time settings screen, See last option is Content & Privacy Restriction.
iOS 12 moved Restriction to Inside the screen “Screen Time”, Go to the Settings > “Screen Time” > “Content & Privacy Restrictions”.
Now, Every Thing will be controlled from here – In-App Purchase, Deleting apps and installing the new app, AirDrop.
Check that and Correct it.
Hope this article will help to fix New Screen Time in iOS 12 problems and issues that arise from bugs and incorrect settings.