Many people are comfortable with Portrait mode on Apple’s latest flagship but some to like to use the landscape mode in that big screen. However, in the latest iOS update iPhone, users are reporting that the home screen rotates iPhone not working which is quite unbearable. If it is occurring due to lack of features then we cannot fix the iPhone screen won’t rotate, the future update can fix this issue if Apple has addressed this query.
Eventually, until that you can try a few basic solutions to fix the home screen won’t rotate in iPhone 14 Pro, but the screen rotation iPhone is working perfectly in the apps. Then carefully read on the article and troubleshoot the problem.
NOTE: Keep in mind that if screen rotation is not working in apps iPhone, then it might be possible that a particular app doesn’t support screen rotation.
Solutions for What are The Reasons iPhone Screen Won’t Rotate
Way to Enable/ Turn on Screen Rotation on iPhone 11 Pro max, XS Max/ iPhone XR, or iPhone XS
- Swipe finger down from the top right corner of your iPhone screen. To wake up the control center like in the above image,
- Find the Lock icon with the round arrow, Tap on it to turn on, or turn off.
This rotates screen iPhone auto-applied to all apps that support landscape mode screen.
Screen Rotation is turned on already, still not rotate follow the next solution after that.
Fix 1: Hard Reboot iPhone
So let’s begin troubleshooting for any iPhone screen won’t rotate with a basic solution. If it is any minor glitch or software issue, then it will get fixed by restarting iPhone. Alternatively, if screen rotation is not working in a particular app, then you must force close the app and re-launch again.
- Step #1: Press and release the Volume Up button.
- Step #2: Press and release the Volume Down button.
- Step #3: Press and hold the Power button and only release when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Fix 2: Disable Display Zoom Home Screen
Due to the lake of space on a home screen, When Display Zoom is on. Apple iPhone Disabled the feature for Home screen view in landscape mode or Horizontal screen. But you can view the app or Document, Browser in Landscape mode.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Next, Scroll to Display & Brightness option.
- Now, Tap on View.
- Choose “Standard” and “set” to save it.
Your iPhone will restart to apply changes.
Fix 3: Calibrate the Gyroscope
Meanwhile, the motion sensors need some maintenance and service to make sure they work properly. After calibrating the gyroscope, you might be able to use the screen rotation function on iPhone.
- Step #1: Restart the iPhone by the same above steps of fix 1.
- Step #2: Launch the “Compass” app, which might be stored in the Extras folder.
- Step #3: Now you will see an instruction bar to calibrate the screen. In case you don’t find any prompt to calibrate the screen then force close the app and then re-open it.
- Step #4: Once you are on calibrating the screen, you have to rotate the red ball by tilting the screen. Until the calibration is not completed, continue to rotate the ball.
So after successfully completing the calibration, the Compass app will launch. Now go on and check if the screen rotation is not working on iPhone is fixed or not.
Fix 4: Turn on the rotation
In case screen rotation is not working in any app on your iPhone then it might be possible that mistakenly you have enabled the Portrait Orientation Lock. If it is the reason why iPhone screen rotation is not working, then the problem is fixed. Simply turn off the Portrait Orientation Lock.
Step #1: From the Control Center, tap on the icon with a lock to turn off the Portrait Orientation Lock.
Fix 5: Update Your Software Update
Aside from the other reasons that we have discussed above, there can be a software bug entered in your device, and it is not allowing the screen rotation even if the rotation is on. So if you haven’t check for the updates then go quickly and update the iPhone.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings.”
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Select “Software Update.”
Fix 6: Restore iPhone to its factory settings
Apparently restoring iPhone to its factory settings after being stuck with some issue is our last option. It is tedious and lengthy because you have to set up the device as new. However, as it is our last option to fix the iPhone screen won’t rotate you have to do it.
Backup iPhone first, restore all data back after erase content and settings using the steps below,
- Step #1: Open “Settings”.
- Step #2: Go to “General”.
- Step #3: Tap “Reset” and select “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Step #4: Enter the passcode if you are asked and complete the process.
Once you enter the passcode, the iPhone will start restoring to factory settings, and afterward, it will restart.
Give some time to the iPhone in completing such a process and then you have to set up your device by following on-screen instructions.
Fix 7: Contact Apple Support
If none of the above solutions work out for you, then there might be a problem with the gyroscope sensor or accelerometer for that you have to seek help from experts of Apple support. Apple Support help with your small to big problems with software or hardware.