Last Updated on Dec 21, 2021
On MAC, App keeps crashing and Freezing is the most common problem in MacOS during unstable macOS Version releasing. we can fix it here for specific MS Office, Outlook mail app users on Mac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Follow some quick troubleshooting for Outlook Keeps crashing and freezing on Mac after macOS upgrade or on Startup Outlook app.
Troubleshooting for Outlook Keeps Crashing on Mac
1. Microsoft Outlook Service Status
Internet disconnectivity & maintenance always place issues like crashing or Searching issues or loading content or new messages in the outlook app like another app.
So, make sure about the official announcement update for their customer vie web, that’s accessible on all devices [Mac, PC, or Mobile]. Open this link and check outlook service is running or warning message.
1. Force Quit and Start again
on some action Outlook app is keep freezing then I recommend to Force quit app and relaunch. During the Freeze screen or app, we can’t click on the red close button to close the app from the screen. Then follow the below steps,
- Go to the Apple logo from the top Mac menu. Select the Force Quit option.
- Select the Outlook app and Force quit option.
- That’s it. Reopen Outlook using spotlight search or Launchpad.
Sometimes your Mac screen is freeze completed or slow then I recommend Restart or Shutdown your Mac using the power button.
2. Restart your Mac
We need to close the app or restart Mac because some background app consumes more memory or Storage to run. So, a Simple reboot or Restarting of the system gives fresh memory to all apps and we can run mac smoothly.
What is mac screen completely Frozen Screen?
Press and Hold on the Power button to shut down directly, after waiting for 20 seconds press the Power button to turn on again.
If the Mac screen is working but laggy then we can restart the system from Top apple logo > Restart. Still, the issue is not fixed then go with the next solution.
3. Check App Update
For the Third-Party installed app or Downloaded from the internet, your Mac can’t notify or install in Backgroud depending on the app type. For MS office, we have to check manually or will update in the background not completed.
- Open Outlook on Mac, from top Menu, Help > Check for update.
- That’s it. also keep selected “Automatically keep Microsoft Apps up to date”.
4. Check MacOS update
App Update is important and Cayrring behavior with your device, we have to upgrade our macOS to Publick OS and Subsequential update periodically. Go to the Apple logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences > Software Update > Download and install.
5. Uninstall and Reinstall
Sometimes, App can’t install a new app update because of unknown reasons, at that time I recommend downloading a new app and install after uninstalling the app from mac.
- Open finder, From top Menu Go > Applications.
- Find Outlook app > Right-click on it and move to the bin. Now, download a new copy and install outlook on Mac.
6. Clean App cache on Mac
if you having trouble with fetching new mail in the outlook app, then Logout account and log in again. Microsoft outlook stores App data in the User account so, for privacy reasons, we can’t access it from the Library folder.
Option 1: The first option is to clear the cache by resetting the account,
Option2: Otherwise, Signout and Sign in to your account in outlook.
To remove the account,
- Open Outlook on Mac. from the top menu, Tools > Accounts.
- To Clear or Reset account cache, Select Account and Click on more option, Reset Account. if the Reset account option is not showing then remove account and add. explained in next step.
- Or Select account, Click on the [-] button to remove from Mac. and Click on [+] to add Account.
Or in the Older Outlook version, we can clean Cache account data under more options.
if you pass out all the above troubleshooting, still your outlook app is freezing or hanging then try in safe mode, Becuase issue with Other installed app in macOS & Running in the Backgroud app.
7. Safe Mode
Safe mode on Mac automatically determines and fixes the issue on startup. Follow the below steps for M1 or intel Mac. and Check issue is fixed in safe mode or not.
On M1 Mac,
- Shut down your Mac, and wait for 20 seconds, Now Press and Hold on the Power button until you see the startup volume and options on the screen.
- Next, Select Startup volume, and press the Shift key from the keyboard and click on Continue in Safe mode.
Log in to your Mac in safe mode and That’s it. check the issue is fixed in safe mode login.
Now, Exit from Safe mode by Restarting the device.
On Intel Mac,
- Shut down your Mac and Wait for 10 seconds. Next, Turn on your Mac then Now Press and Hold on Shift Key until your Mac sees the login screen. Log in to your Mac.
check the issue is fixed or not.
Now, Restart your Mac to exit from Safe mode.
8. Report Developer – Outlook App
we can send feedback to the app developers from the app menu, To send the report,
- Open Outlook on Mac.
- From top Menu Help > Contact Support.
- See the Option for Feature Request & Feedback / Contact Support.
- That’s it.
9. Contact Apple Support
While you contact apple support, Support excitive remotely diagnose the issue if it’s possible otherwise you have to wait for a new update or Contact the apple service center.
10. Reinstall macOS
if you feel like your MacOS is corrupted, then reinstalling macOS is the best option to fix all kinds of laggy, freezing, or Crashing issues. In addition, Reinstall macOS without any data loss helped to diagnose mac system itself.
This process is time-consuming but effective for all macOS Versions. During this process, your Mac will download the latest supported macOS from the internet and install it automatically. Time depends on Data and internet connectivity.