Last Updated on Dec 3, 2020
On the last OS X update, most of the OS X users worried about printer not working for printing. Technically printing system in macOS is quite different so in case you have to follow the below guideline to overcome print problems like Printer not showing, connected printer through IP not working – AirPrint Printer. don’t be hesitate you have many options to solve this problem mainly Printer not working on mac after macOS update.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
The printer doesn’t show in print popup menu, or displaying a message like Software for your printer isn’t available.
Printer Not Working on macOS on Printing time
are you using a third party printer then you need to software that should be compatible with current OS X, if you don’t have an idea about that, then please contact printer manufacturer or download the Latest drive from its official site here.
Necessary Steps for Resolve Printer Problem: Printer Not Working on macOS
1. First, check which types of error showing like hardware or software. if any hardware problem present then you have to contact product manufacture.
2. Download/ Update with the latest version for your printer software if available.
3. Verify your printer must be connected with a USB port if it isn’t working on a wifi network, otherwise reconnect printer with your Mac.
4. Now try to print from the document, Go to the File Menu > Print.
5. Go to the System preference > Printer and Scanner > Popup menu appear on-screen choose printer nearby you. if you want more print then tap on “+”.
The nearby printer will be listed in the Default tab
if you want to add printer remotely through IP and hostname, then request your admin know about printer setting details. (Best Air print printer you must use)
you can also connect a printer that has been connected with other PC in the same network.
6. finally still getting error and message at the time of print, reset your printer setting by going to the Apple menu > System preference > Printer & Scanners (List of the device will have appeared)
Choose the device by a Control key and click on it and them option menu will be displayed from there Click on “Reset Printing System”.
Reset Printer Configuration
Your Printer is Stuck on a Printing job or Failed to print. then I recommend resetting Printer configuration from your Mac computer system configurations.
- Choose Apple Logo from top Mac Menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Printers & Scanners.
- Holding down Control Key and Click on Printer name to show Reset Printing System option. [See below image]
- Choose Reset Printing System, That’s it.
Wireless or AirPrinter Troubleshooting Guide
- Keep both of your Mac and AirPrinter near.
- Turn off WiFi Router and Turn on.
- Update Printer Driver or Update macOS/iOS. Reset the Printing System explained in the above steps.
Now here all the above pointed have been maximum possibilities for fix Printer not working on the latest macOS or newer.