Reconfigure your Canon printer with your Mac, macOS Ventura users, Reported Canon LBP2900B Printer stopped working and Showing errors “Printing – Filter Failed“, “Error While Printing“, “Hold for Authentication“, “Stuck on Printing – The Printer in use“, “Unable to Verify the Printer on your network“, “The Printer is not responding” and so on.
Here are a few workarounds for the specific Canon printer models that are affected by the new macOS update on compatible Mac models. 5 Step solution is straightforward, Which is shared on the Apple discussion board.
Printer Error on Mac: Fixed
Canon Ibp 2900b Driver: Where to Download?
- Delete all the Printer [LBP3000] from Mac System Preferences following the below steps;
- [Apple logo > System Settings or Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Now right-click on your Printer name (for Ventura and later macOS) > click on Remove Printer (Click on Minus sign to remove for earlier macOS], then Restart your Mac.
- Download the Driver and Patch file Given in the below link. Once your Download Driver from the Canon website and Two Patch files. Follow the third step.
- Install Canon Driver on Mac.
- Open Finder on Mac, From the top Menu, Go > Go to Folder… > Enter “~/Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSCAPT2/” and Go.
There are two folders, BIDI and cnaccm. Put the download patch file name “captmoncnab3” in “BIDI” folder and Put the “CnAC28B9.DAT” file in “cnaccm” folders, respectively.
- Now open the Terminal on Mac and run the below command and hit the Return to run in terminal.
xattr -cr /Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSCAPT2/Bidi/captmoncnab3
Now, add your Canon printer from your Mac System Preference on Mac. Apple Logo > System Settings (Preferences…) > Printers & Scanners > Tap on the Plus (+) sign to add a new printer. Here’s a complete guide how to add a Printer to Mac
Here’s the setup guide and Other Workaround to repair the system issue related to the Printer Not Working on Mac.
Canon Printer Driver for Mac
Canon is Continuously upgrading the old printing system with new with Possible hardware changes and Software update through the New Driver that support your Latest OS. Go to this link and Search your Printer to Find the Driver for macOS or Windows Systems.
here are a few links that were shared officially for Canon’s existing customers; through the below source, you will get the correct solutions and Share your Feedback with the Canon support team.
Write to us in the comment section for more help and a guide on other printers that’s stopped working.