Last Updated on Apr 13, 2021
Reconfigure your Canon printer with your Mac, macOS Big Sur users, Reported Canon LBP2900B Printer stopped working and Showing error “Printing – Filter Failed“, “Error While Printing“, “Hold for Authentication“, “Stuck on Printing – The Printer in use“, “Unable to Verify the Printer on your network“, “The Printer is not responding” and so on.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Here are a few workarounds for the specific Canon printer models that are affected by the new MacOS Big Sur update on compatible mac models. 5 Step solution is very simple, Which is shared on the apple discussion board.
Printer Error on Mac: Fixed
- Delete all the Printer [LBP3000] from Mac System Preferences [Apple logo > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Select Printer and Click on Minus sign to remove] then Restart your Mac.
- Download the Driver and Patch file Given in the below link. Once your Download Driver from the Canon website, and Two Patch files. Follow the third step.
- Install Canon Driver on Mac.
- Open Finder on Mac, From top Menu, Go > Go to Folder… > Enter “~/Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSCAPT2/” and Go.
There are two folders, BIDI and cnaccm. Put the download patch file name “captmoncnab3” in “BIDI” folder and Put the “CnAC28B9.DAT” file in “cnaccm” folders, Respectively.
- Now open the Terminal on Mac and run the below command and hit the Return to run in terminal.
xattr -cr /Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSCAPT2/Bidi/captmoncnab3
Now, add your Canon printer from your Mac System Preference on Mac. Apple Logo > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Tap on Plus sign to add a new printer.
Here’s the setup guide and Other Workaround to repair the system issue related to the Printer not working on Mac.
Canon Printer Driver for Mac
Canon Continuously upgrading old printing system with new with Possible hardware changes and Software update through the New Driver that support your Latest OS. Go to this link and Search your Printer to Find the Driver for MacOS or Windows System.
here are few links that shared officially for the canon existing customers, Through the below source you will get the correct solutions and Share your Feedback with Canon support team.
Write to us in the comment section for more help and a guide on other printers that’s stopped working.