Last Updated on Jan 8, 2021
I was so excited to use all new macOS features, and when Apple announced macOS Big Sur is released at the very first moment, I downloaded it in my MacBook Pro. However, after using four to five days, MacBook Pro started to drain battery unusually. Since I had faced this battery draining issue before, so I wasn’t worried about this Because I know some tricks which can fix macOS Big Sur battery drain on MacBook Pro as well as it will improve the battery life of the MacBook.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Let’s head over and look at the tips to fix battery draining problems in macOS Big Sur and how to improve the battery life of the MacBook. on behalf of MacBook owners have a query like “Macbook Battery Died and Won’t turn on“, “MacBook Pro/Air losing Battery During Sleep“, “Fix Battery Drain While Charging“.
Tips to Improve macOS Big Sur Battery Drain Issue Any Mac
Before getting started – you should use the advanced features of macOS Big Sur which can stop to rapid battery drain issue on MacBook macOS Big Sur. For instance, Activate Dark Mode on Mac, Set Up a Dynamic Desktop on your Mac.
Solution 1: Quick Tips to Boost macOS Big Sur Battery Life
- Lower the brightness of the MacBook, or keep at a medium
- Try battery saver:
- Click on the “Apple” icon at the top of the screen.
- Now open “System Preferences”.
- Then, tap “Energy Saver”. Enable it.
- Try to not open multiple tabs at once, simply open what you need and after work is done, close it. Multiple tabs will increase the load on the processor, and hence it will result in more battery use.
Solution 2: Check which application is using the Most battery of your MacBook
By this way, you will get exactly which application is disrupting your fun.
- From the “Finder”, tap “Applications”.
- Next, open “Utilities” and then click on “Activity Monitor”.
- From the top panel of that box tap “Energy”.
If you do not want to follow these steps then simply from the Spotlight, you can search for the Activity Monitor.
The entire list of all the applications will be on your screen along with battery consumption. Now analyze the list and find out which application is eating more battery and delete temporary and then re-install after some time.
Solution 3: Disable Location Services
Enabling the location services for each app does not make any sense, instead turn on for few applications whichever you need or disable for the entire system. We all know location services gradually eats up battery whether you have enabled in iPhone or MacBook Pro. When you disable entirely location services the “Find My Mac” will not function.
- Tap “Apple” icon.
- Then open “System Preferences”.
- Tap on “Security & Privacy”.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will see “Lock icon” click on it to make changes.
- Now enter the required details, “Apple ID, and Password”.
- Tap “Privacy” and then tap “Location Services”.
- Next, disable the “Location Services” and confirm it.
- Again click on that “Lock” icon to prevent security of your MacBook Pro.
Solution 4: Disable Transparency and Motion Effects
Another reason behind battery draining can be continues use of motion effects and transparency by the system. Turn them off it might improve battery life of MacBook Pro.
- Tap “Apple” icon on the top of the screen.
- Click on “System Preferences” and then open “Accessibility”.
- Now, on the left side click on the “Display”.
- Uncheck “Reduce Motions” and “Reduce Transparency”.
Solution 5: Turn off Automatic Updates
Enabling auto-updates is a good habit if you want all your MacBook apps up to date. But in a situation in unnecessary battery draining in MacBook, you should turn it off. As it continuously searches for the updates in the background.
Step #1: Go to the “Apple” menu.
Step #2: Open “System Preferences” and click “App Store”.
Step #3: On the bottom of the screen click on the “Lock” button to make changes.
Step #4: Enter “Apple ID and Password”.
Step #5: Disable everything like Install macOS Updates, Download newly available updates in the background, Install system data files and security updates and more.
Solution 6: Try to use the only Safari
Compare to Google Chrome and Firefox; Safari is the most efficient and secure. Safari is now available with the ability to customize so that you can make your own web browser. It also saves battery compare to third-party browsers.
Solution 7: Clean Up your MacBook to fix macOS Big Sur battery Drain
Cleaning up the MacBook will remove all the junk files and files which are causing errors while using the MacBook. Even you will get some free space.
Solution 8: Disable iCloud Photo Sharing and My Photo Stream/iCloud Photo Library
When this feature is turned on the iCloud will share all your albums and photos across every apple device and eventually it will consume some amount of battery.
When you have enabled My Photo Stream, it will collect all the recent pictures from iDevices as well as also it will share new pictures to My Photo Stream to every device.
- Tap on “Apple” icon and open “System Preferences”.
- Then click on “iCloud”.
- Next to “Photos”, click on “Options”.
- Disable iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Photo Sharing, and My Photo Stream.
- Tap “Done”.
Solution 9: Updates Apps to fix macOS Big Sur battery Drain
Even it is possible that few outdated applications on the MacBook not function properly and cause errors and errors. The best solution for outdated apps is to update them.
Step #1: Go to “App Store” and click on “Updates”.
Solution 10: Reset PRAM and SMC
The ultimate solution to every problem in MacBook. Try it.
How to Reset PRAM:
- Shut down the MacBook completely.
- Press “Command+Option+P+R” and Power button together, before the gray screen, appears.
- Hold pressing until MacBook boots up totally.
- After leaving all buttons, restart the MacBook again.
PRAM has been reset and now when MacBook turns on you have to make few changes like time, volume, pointer speed and more. Don’t worry all the data is safe and secure.
It would be better if you reset SMC on MacBook without removing the battery.
- Shut down MacBook.
- Plug in Charger, don’t remove.
- Now, press “Shift+Option+Control+Power” at once.
- Leave all the keys.
- Turn on MacBook.
The process is completed successfully.
Solution 11: Update MacBook to Fix macOS Big Sur battery Drain
Still, if the battery draining issue isn’t fixed then update the MacBook to the latest software if you haven’t updated it yet.
Step #1: Go to “App Store” and click on “Updates”.
There you will come to know any new update is available or your MacBook up to date.