Table of Contents Show
- Potential Clues Unable to Download App on iPhone iPad: iOS/iPadOS
- For iPhone X or later:
- Quick Tips:
- Fix 1. Low Server Response Time or Down
- Fix 2. Set Correct Date and Time Setting on Device
- Fix 3. Try to Sign Out/Sign In App Store
- Fix 4. Make Sure App Store region is Okay
- Fix 5. Restart your Device Interrupting other service or app in the background
- Fix 6. Wrong iPhone/iPad Settings Configuration
- Fix 8: Update iPhone
- Fix #9: Check Apple ID Payment Method
- Extra tidbits
Apple App Store is the #1 store available for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. You might also be familiar with them, and the user can get various popular categories of Apps, including games, Photo & Video, Entertainment, and much more. The iOS users can download and bookmark App Free and Non-Free App from the App Store using Apple ID and passcode. Download an App is not a big job. So that when I was trying to download Waze Social GPS from my iPhone App Store. I faced a message screen like Unable to Download App (item App or Game could not be download at this time) with Done and Retry buttons. Then, I followed several troubleshooting steps to get rid of the terrific issue. Ideal solutions are mentioned below.
If you have a similar issue, let’s try step by step to fix iPhone not downloading apps on iOS 14/iOS 13 or earlier. I hope you will get the precise answer within minutes. This error may have come in Third-party (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram or Vine, etc.) or official apps (Numbers, Pages, Keynote, iMovie, GarageBand, iTunes) update.
Potential Clues Unable to Download App on iPhone iPad: iOS/iPadOS
For iPhone X or later:
Verify Face ID for Download app from the app store on iPhone X. Enable Face ID for App Store app download app. Then Double-tap on the Side button to turn on Face Detection, Scan Your Face and Start Download app.
- Check the iPhone/iPad Storage, insufficient storage won’t allow the App Store to install apps. Settings app > General > iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
- Connect the iOS device to Wi-Fi and download apps.
- Enable and Disable Airplane mode several times.
- Remove VPN Profile and Delete the App:
Fix 1. Low Server Response Time or Down
Due to billions of download requests, Apple Server may be down. It happens mainly in a big app update. If you notice, the message also says that please try again later. (Apple Server maintenance due to technical reason even possible) Check here. Apple App Store Server status is okay/Green. However, if it is green, cannot download the app at this time, then keep continuing below fixes.
Yellow and Red Colour in front of the apple service alerting the Service is down or under maintenance. So it would help if you waited for a few hours or minutes until you will find it okay here like this. See the below image, [App Store – Resolved issue]
The above System Status webpage link will be different according to your GEO location that we can change from the footer of this page.
By default, you will see the USA Region from here.
- System Status in Canada:
- System Status in France:
- System Status in the UK:
- System Status in India
Enter the country code in the URL to find your Apple Service Status page. Any Difficulties on finding your Country page, then comment to me.
Fix 2. Set Correct Date and Time Setting on Device
Wrong time/date brings interrupt to download and install an app, game, etc. After verify it’s correct or not. Then, follow the below steps for Update Date and Time Automatically.
- Go to the Setting > General > Date and Time > Set Automatically (Enable Toggle). This trick will auto-select the current location.
Fix 3. Try to Sign Out/Sign In App Store
Your login session is not verified for download apps from the app store. To reset or generate a new one, please sign out (Settings > iTunes & App Stores >Tap on Apple ID > Sign Out) old one re-login with Apple ID and Password.
Fix 4. Make Sure App Store region is Okay
You have correctly selected your app store’s country region. Make sure by going to check out and you have correctly selected your app store’s country area. Make sure by go to the Settings > Tap on your name > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Country/ Region.
Fix 5. Restart your Device Interrupting other service or app in the background
Close all applications using a multitasking screen; still getting error – Restart iPhone (Press Sleep/ Wake button until you appear Slide to power off or in most of the case – Force Restart will fix the problem.
- iPhone 8/8 Plus and Later [No Home button iPhone/iPad] Users: Quickly Press and Release Volume up and Volume Down button one by one, After that only press and Hold side button until you see the black screen iPhone.
Now Turn on back, Use the Side-Power button only, Press and Hold on the Button until turn on with Apple Logo.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button and Home button until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 6S or Earlier: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Useful: Restart iPhone without Power button
Fix 6. Wrong iPhone/iPad Settings Configuration
Reset All Settings on iPhone & iPad is the ideal solution; go to the Settings > General > scroll down the screen to Reset (Reset All Settings).
Fix 8: Update iPhone
Visit the Settings app > General > Software Update. Download and install updates.
Fix #9: Check Apple ID Payment Method
Payment method is mandatory for everyone to download the apps or update them from iPhone or iPad. So make sure you’ve added the payment method that is working.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on your name.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Touch the Apple ID, its nothing but the email address.
- Then, tap View Apple ID.
- Enter Apple ID Password if asked to sign in.
- Go to Manage Payments.
Check out Storage Space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Many users are reporting that they are facing Unable to Download ‘’App and Games‘’ could not be downloaded at this time. Because of not having enough storage space on that iDevice.
Use iOS 11’s new feature called ‘’offload’’ to free up Storage Space on iPhone. Get here to turn on Offload Unused Apps in iOS to delete fewer apps without losing documents and data automatically.
In more, you can re-install the app via the App store without any extra technical knowledge. It doesn’t matter you’re able to apply this solution for All iPads (iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad 2017), iPod Touch 6th.
What fix successfully works for you to fix iPhone Unable to download App at this time? Would you mind sharing it in the comments? Thanks!