Last Updated on Aug 2, 2021
Universal clipboard stopped working from Mac to iPhone. Here I’m giving you ideal troubleshooting that will enable you. There are mind-blowing features involved in the macOS. Highlighted features are the Siri integration, the shared desktop, and Universal Clipboard to continuity from macOS Catalina to iOS 13 or iPadOS and reverse side. New macOS is also embedded with the latest edition of the Safari browser. The latest macOS and iOS both are works as continuity. Even though, many of the developers and folks have addressed an issue that why is my copy and paste not working mac to iPhone. Don’t worry. We have a list of potential clues that you can use to fix it.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Luckily, Universal Clipboard, I mean copy from Mac and paste on iOS note app or other text editor apps and vice versa. So definitely Apple users have got time-saving ways to type on Apple laptops and paste texts, images, and videos on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Fix Universal Clipboard Not Working on macOS: iPhone or iPad
hope, here given solutions will work for you to repair Copy and paste between devices from your Mac to iPhone. before going to scroll down for the troubleshooting on copying and pasting not working on iOS 13 and Catalina then check out below that your iOS and macOS device has the feature of the universal clipboard.
iOS 10 or later
- iPhone 5 or newer
- iPad Pro
- iPad (4th generation) or newer
- iPad Air or newer
- iPad mini 2 or newer
- iPod touch (6th generation) or newer
macOS Sierra or later
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (2012 or newer)
- MacBook Air (2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (2012 or newer)
- iMac (2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
in case of your device is not covered in the above list then you will have to upgrade your Apple device either buy a new or sell old in trade-in program to save some bucks.
For Copy & Paste, Universal Clipboard is a command that not only works with Mac but also depends on its neighbor iOS device. So within your MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or MacBook, you also have to check that your iOS device. So check here iOS 10 compatible devices because the universal Clipboard works across the macOS Sierra.
To check out the iOS update following steps will guide you.
- Open Up the Settings App →Tap General → Tap on Software update.
Note: getting Error Unable to check for update, then your device addressing poor wifi network or if the device connected with Wireless network but can’t access the internet because of your broadband ISP service may be under maintenance or issues with your iOS device.
Available update, if any. Please take a backup and update it.
Use Universal Clipboard with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:
Each device signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
Please check out both devices Apple ID and do sign in with the same address. Both email-ids are similar, however, you cant copy images or video or text from Mac to paste iPhone or iPad, then there are possibly other issues and which are mentioned bottom of this page. please read carefully and get your job done!
- At least Each Apple device has Wi-Fi turned on. Otherwise, Universal clipboard doesn’t work.
- Each device has Bluetooth turned on. Get alternatives way to Turn On Bluetooth on iOS.
- Each device has Handoff turned on:
Step to Turn On HandOff in macOS Catalina or Earlier
- On Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click General. Select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
Steps to Turn On Handoff in iOS 13 or Earlier
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn toggle Handoff on.
If none of the above ways work in your case, then keep continues and get rid of
- Fix 1. Check out the macOS Sierra compatible device list.
- Fix 2. Verify your Mac and iOS device must run on same Apple ID. Because not need any unique setup to activate Universal Clipboard on macOS.
- You should wait a while because while you copy text, images or video from Mac or iOS and paste it on a device at that time, it takes a little bit time to upload data to iCloud.
- Fix 3. Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and then re-try again to copy or paste on your Mac.
- Fix 4. Often, Back to my Mac works in this case. So Checked to mark it.
One More Solution if Universal Clipboard working one way: –
None of the above ideas not working to fix the Universal clipboard stopped working then don’t worry, try at least one last dosage.
Basic Steps Follow on the Mac,
- Let’s connect Each possible Bluetooth device, for example, iPhone, iPad, Muse, trackpad, and keyboard directly to Mac via USB cable not wireless.
- You can check that Click on Apple logo on top menu bar > System preferences > Click Bluetooth. So Status will display charging mode.
- Now on the system preferences pan tap on Bluetooth.
- And here Click on (X) icon to remove each Bluetooth device. Apple iPhone, iPad, magic Muse, magic trackpad and magic keyboard whatever. After this turn toggles Bluetooth Off on your Mac.
- Go to System preferences > Network > and here Turn Wi-Fi off on your Apple Mac.
- As the same, Turn Handoff off by stepwise go to the System preferences > General > Next, uncheck Allow handoff between this Mac & Your iCloud devices.
- This all stuff we will turn on after reboot Mac.
Follow the Bottom Steps on your Apple iOS Device
- Now on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch)
- Open the Settings App on iDevice > Tap Bluetooth > tap the i icon next to the connected Mac and tap on Disconnect or Forget This device.
- Same way, turn off the toggle for Wi-Fi (Settings – Turn Wi-Fi OFF) and turn off handoff (Settings – General – Handoff).
Now again on your Apple Mac
- Launch the Finder window from the dock on the bottom of the Mac
- Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and click Go
- In the search bar type Bluetooth and then after select and delete com.apple.Bluetooth.plist on Mac.
- Delete Bluetooth Plist file using the terminal command on your Mac
- Open the Terminal [open Finder – Go – Utilities – Terminal] then copy this command and enter on your Mac terminal command to access BT plist file.
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
- After this, now restart your Mac and iOS device.
- And after turning On, turn all toggles like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Handoff do turning on mean activate it and try to use the copy and paste feature to nearby Apple Mac and iDevice.
Hope this will work for many users!!
In case, Mac Copying and iPhone pasting work but if iPhone Copying and macOS sierra installed don’t work then Restart iPhone and then try again. (Restart iPhone 7 Plus)
To Force Restart iPhone 12(Pro Max), iPhone 11, Pro, 11 Pro 11 Max, XR, XS, XS Max, X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus:
- First, Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- then Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- then Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
get more details – how to force reboot iPhone
To Restart iPhone– Press and Hold on Sleep/ Wake button until appearing red slider bar. Then drag the slider to turn iPhone off. Next up, you will have to again press and hold on to the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Do you have any answer to fix the problem of Universal Clipboard not working from iPhone to on macOS Catalina that we missed? Please drop in a comment box. We will appreciate hearing from you.