Last Updated on Oct 14, 2021
Most of the updates people enjoy from the beginning while in some updates they have to face situations. However, after solving their issues, they have fun too. If you’re the one who is facing problems in macOS 12 Monterey then, we will make sure you can reliably take advantage of all new functions of macOS Monterey.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
We have prepared a list of the few most common macOS Monterey problems and also how to fix the errors on macOS Monterey.
Just For Information: – latest macOS beta for mac is macOS 12 Monterey (available on September 2021 ) and Latest Stable macOS is macOS 11 Big Sur.
1. macOS Monterey Download Fail or Stopped
Actually, the problem arises from the very first step that is while downloading and installing. The error is like “Installation of macOS could not continue”. The reason behind this can be a poor internet connection and it might be possible that many users are downloading macOS Monterey, due to the server is too much busy.
However, the best solution for this problem is to force quit the Mac App Store and again try to install the update. Alternatively, you can switch the Wi-Fi network or connect the cable directly instead. Also checkout the Best MacOS Monterey Downloading Failed fixes given here.
Another Possible Reason you could check your available free storage space on Mac. Check Storage, Apple Logo > About This Mac > Storage > See free space and Click on Manage for free Up more storage.
Note: Before you re-download the file, delete the partially downloaded file. from Applications folder on Mac. Find MacOS file, Right-click on it > Move to Bin. That’s it. Go back and Download the macOS software update again.
Hint: You Must set Mac Screen Time Sleep settings set to Never (Apple logo – System Preferences – Energy Saver – then Turn display of after set to never – you get a pop-up so then click on OK) instead of specific time duration. This is just for download and install time.
2. How to fix “gateway timed out” error when downloading macOS Monterey
During macOS monterey downloading time, if you are getting specific error like, “gateway timed out” or “bad gateway” then turn on your Mac in Safe mode. Safe mode determine the software issue, on Mac startup. Depends on your Mac processor [M1 or Intel], Safe mode process is different. Make sure about that and download and Update macOS software in Safe mode.
If Safe mode is not working then Reinstall macOS in recovery mode. Without any Data or settings erase, Use this installation method.
3. MacBook fans become noisy after updating to Monterey
Every time new macOS Update comes with New Improvements, Features, and Structure. So, all the data saved on your Mac will be restructured automatically after the installation. During this time, your Mac processor becomes too hot becuase of millions of operation is handled. During this time, your Mac might be Update Apps in backgroud as well. So your MacBook Fan speed automatically increases to cool down your Mac. That’s normal. So don’t worry, But don’t run any heavy software for at least 1 hour after the update to go back to normal fan speed.
4. macOS Monterey installation is frozen,
for instance, macOS Monterey is successfully downloaded, and it’s time to install, and all of the sudden “Continue” keys is greyed down while you are trying to click, what to do? All you need to do is,
Step 1: “Control+Click” on the installation box.
Step 2: Click “Quit”.
Step 3: Now, re-install macOS Monterey in Recovery mode without erase data and settings, find the installation file from the Applications.
Don’t panic it might take some time to re-install. Sit back and breathe.
You can get here an in-deep article on Get rid of macOS Monterey installation Frozen
5. Not Enough Disk Space to install macOS Monterey
If you opt to install any macOS update, your MacBook must contain 15GB to 20GB of free space to run macOS Monterey smoothly. The macOS Monterey update may consume around 8GB to 10GB of space in Mac. But before deleting something, we will check how much storage left on your Mac.
- Step 1: Click on the “Apple” menu.
- Step 2: Click “About this Mac”.
- Step 3: Lastly, tap on “Storage” panel.
The storage compartment is categorized so that you can easily get to know how much space is consumed by Apps, Movies, Audio and more. Remove unused files and junk files to free up some more space. Tips to Delete Purgeable space on your Mac
6. Fix MacOS Monterey Login Problems
Are you stuck on the Mac Login screen? Becuase of too many reasons that problem raise that we can fix using the below solutions without erasing settings or Data. also, let me know which solution is helpful to you. Sometimes you don’t type password or Move cursor on login screen [Expained in next solution]
- Forgot Mac Login Password Using Apple ID: Mac users can recover using apple’s account, Online Password recovery option is given on your Mac login screen. On the Wrong Login password attempt, your Mac asks for “Reset it using your Apple ID“.
- Safe Mode on Mac: Safe mode Disabled all Third-Party Extension, Determin the issue on Mac startup screen and Fix automatically.
- For Intel Mac: Reset PRAM
- Boot your Mac in Recovery Mode – Repair or Reinstall
- Repair:- On MacOS Recovery Screen, Choose Disk Utility Option > Continue > Select Startup Disk from side bar and Run First Aid option. Repair File System, Becuase it’s corrupted after macOS update.
- Reinstall:- On MacOS Recovery Screen, Select Reinstall macOS option. and Follow the on-screen guide on Complate new macOS Installation without erase data.
- Reset Password Using Terminal – If you forgot then you can change it Using Terminal.
7. How to Fix macOS Monterey Mouse Problem
Temporary Mouse problem we can fix by turn off and turn on Mouse power or Turn Off/on Bluetooth on Mac – [Fix Bluetooth issue in next solution]. Still, you can’t fix the issue becuase of the buggy & corrupted PLIST file on Mac’s Preferences folder. Follow the Below steps for Delete and Re-Generate new Mouse file. and fix the connection issue.
I can’t Type a password in Login Password or the mouse won’t move on Login Screen.
- Open Finder on mac, From top Menu Bar, Go > Go to Folder.
- Next, Type “~/Library/Preferences/” and Go.
- Search and Find the Mouse plist file in the same folder. Move this file to Trash or Right click on to move in to bin.
- com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse.plist and com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist.
- Restart your mac and check the issue if fixed. That’s it.
Hope this fix the issue. Still not working then check your Mouse on another Mac or MacBook.
8. MacOS Monterey Bluetooth Problem
If your mac can’t connect to any Bluetooth accessories then check this software bug and fix it quickly. Today Mac supports most of the accessories, Gaming Keyboard, Mouse, Pad, and more. So, Corruption of the Bluetooth file in MacOS In normal. Regenerate new BLuetooth plist file with below steps,
- Open Finder on Mac, Go in Top menu > Go to Folder.
- Enter, /Library/Preferences and Go.
- Find, Bluetooth plist file: ‘com.apple.Bluetooth.plist“
- Delete this file or Backup this file on another location. Restart your Mac and check the issue is fixed or not. Still not then connect with Another mac or Reinstall MacOS.
Get More Solutions: Bluetooth Not Working on Mac
9. Time Machine is Stuck on Backup
How dreadful a situation it is when you are very excited and at the very first stage when you are taking backup using Time Machine. Ultimately, without backup updating, macOS is a bit risky. The Time Machine is stuck on “Preparing Backup Message” then follow the steps.
Step A: First of all, cancel the current backup process from the “Time Machine Settings” menu.
Step B: Next, remove the .inprogressbackup file.
- Step 1: Open “Time Machine” folder.
- Step 2: Click to open “Backups.backupd” folder.
- Step 3: Now, find the folder with your Mac’s name.
- Step 4: Finally, search for the .inprogress file and remove it.
10. Battery Drain macOS Monterey
Has your Mac is draining the battery after the update? Mine was draining, and so I have taken few precautions to improve battery performance. Also, you can check out which apps are using more battery from,
- Step 1: Go to “Applications” and open “Utilities”.
- Step 2: Click “Activity Monitor”.
- Step 3: There you will see the “Energy” tab, click on it.
If you find a particular app which is eating much more battery, then delete the app and then install it again.
Few more solutions to save battery are:
- Enable Low Power Mode on MacBook Pro/ Air on Supported MacBook Models, Available on MacBook (Early 2016 and later) and MacBook Pro (Early 2016 and later).
- Disable Location Services
- Lower down Brightness
- Turn off animations and graphical effects
11. macOS Monterey is slow or freezes
When I successfully installed the macOS Monterey on my Mac, after few days, it became slow and started freezing randomly. Then I encounter that the actual problem was with my storage and excessive load on Mac’s memory. The solution to this problem is force quit the app which are eating more CPU resources. To check that,
- Step 1: Open “Applications” and click on “Activity Monitor”.
- Step 2: Now, analyze the screen and check which app is affecting the processor.
Alternatively, delete the system cache files and temporary files. To clear follow the steps,
- Step 1: Click “Finder” and tap “Go”.
- Step 2: Click “Go to Folder”.
- Step 3: Enter ~/Library/Caches.
- Step 4: To delete the system cache, open each folder and delete the files.
Note: Don’t delete the folders, clean inside files.
Next, follow the same procedure but use /Library/Caches instead of ~/Library/Caches.
Get More: Fix macOS 12 Monterey Slow – Tips to improve Speed of Mac running macOS 10.14 or later
12. Wi-Fi is slow on macOS Monterey
Unexpectedly Wi-Fi is dropping, and hence we are also losing the internet speed after updating Mac. Now we will update the Wi-Fi preferences, but before this, we will remove the current settings.
- Step 1: Open “Finder”.
- Step 2: Press “Command+Shift+G”.
- Step 3: Enter the command.
- Step 4: Now, so the directory is open delete the .plist file extension.
- Step 5: Select all this files and move to trash.
Step 6: Reboot Mac and router too. Few changes will take place and new preferences will build themselves and the old ones will be replaced. For more guidance, you should read Fix Wi-Fi issue on macOS Monterey
13. Mac Won’t start after updating to macOS Monterey
Somehow you have downloaded and installed macOS Monterey successfully, but due to some reasons Mac started misbehaving, and Mac Won’t boot normally. So we will reset NVRAM which results in resetting startup disk selection, time-zone, display resolution and much more.
- Step 1: Power on your Mac while holding “Command+Option+P+R”.
- Step 2: Release the buttons when second startup tune chimes.
Enter Internet Recovery Mode
This fix is helpful when Mac’s boot sector is affected. In addition, it will also solve some of the hardware problems with macOS Monterey. To begin internet recovery,
- Step 1: Reboot “Mac”.
- Step 2: Wait until you hear startup tune and hold down “Command+Option+R”.
- Step 3: Release the keys when you see globe image on the screen.
The system will automatically download the recovery picture from the internet. Now all you need to do is follow the prompts.
14. App Crashes on macOS Monterey
Apple has moved to bigger 64-Bit architecture, and as a result, some of the developers are not moved on to yet and hence due to compatibility issues the apps are crashing on macOS Monterey. If you are dealing with this situation repeatedly then update the Mac as well as the applications.
- Step 1: Launch “Mac App Store”, from where you can update everything.
[Updated] Common macOS 12 Monterey Problems
macOS 12 Monterey is very slow, users reported Apps and Websites take a very long time to load on their M1 MacBook Air. what you can do to make it faster? An option is to downgrade the macOS version or waits till the next macOS is available.
The escape key vanished on Monterey. a big issue is that the Escape key finally escaped! For this, the user will have to wait for a fix from Apple.