Last Updated on Mar 29, 2022
sometimes Apple iOS users are struggling to move next screen on their iPhone or iPad Mail App or App Store due to the reason of Cannot verify server identity iPhone error or cannot verify server identity iPhone not trusted dialog box constantly pop up in various applications and significant when using mail App. let me show you complete troubleshooting guide to resolve server issues.
The Identity of “imap.gmail.com” cannot be verified by Mail.
- The mail server is not valid by a trusted authority
- logout and login again and make sure you have a good internet connection
- Make sure that Date and time is not correct [Tip to Change Date & Time on iOS]
- You should use the Gmail app, this is ad hawk way for you.
Cannot verify server identity iPhone Mail, Podcast App, exchange mail account, iPhone Wi-Fi. So if you are facing this kind of message often, don’t worry; try my mentioned troubleshooting to get rid of your Phone server issues or offer your alternative solutions.
Guide to fix Cannot Verify Server Identity iPad or iPhone Mail App
First Thing To Do: Contact Email Service Provider
The very first step of your should be to check the outage problems with the Email Server. If the servers are not actively working, then random errors like this can arise. You can quickly get the Server Status of popular Email Clients such as Apple, Microsoft, Google on the web; for others, contact the customer support team of your Email provider.
Solution #1. Uncheck Use SSL Setting
Do you know what the SSL Mail setting is? The full form of SSL is The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). it does work to offer encryption for TCP/IP connections as they transit the Internet and local networks between a client and a server. in iPhone mail, SSL does work to encrypt all of the communication between your phone email data and your Apple mail server. Sometimes Cannot Verify Server Identity occurred because of enabled SSL on the Phone or iPad Mail Settings. I Suggest you, disable Use SSL for the temporary time period and re-try to send an email. I hope this will work as a temporary solution. To do this, follow the steps given below.
Steps To Disable Use SSL in mail Setting for iOS 14/ iOS 15 & later software firmware
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad (you can use spotlight search to find settings app)
- Scroll the screen to click on Mail
- Next hit on Accounts tab
- on this screen, choose the Email (if you have added more than one email account, on your device screen you can see list of email (For example, Gmail, Outlook, iCloud, Private mail account etc;), please choose perticular account which shows server error)
- Again click on Account email ID name
- Now go with the Advanced setting
- Here you can see Incoming Settings section, please turn toggle Off/white Use SSL.
- Now go back tap on Account and tap on Done appear on top-right corner to save the changes.
What happens if disable the Use SSL settings in the iOS mail app? it will change your Server port number and make your phone mail and server-side communication decrypted. Hence, the in-secure connection will be established. Note:- We do not suggest this solution on a permanent base, Just useful to mail forcefully send to the receiver side, after your job is done, you should again enable USE SSL in the mail setting. For All time solutions, follow the underneath given tips and tricks.
Steps To Disable Use SSL in mail Setting for iOS 13 & Earlier software firmware
Go to the Settings App – tap ‘’Passwords & Accounts’’ – Now choose an account that bothering you – Your account will display on your Screen as IMAP – now select Account name and reach on another screen listing the “incoming mail server,” “Outgoing Mail Server,” then go to the bottom “Advanced.” Choose Advanced and when a new screen appears, scroll down to “incoming settings” and check the toggled turn “Use SSL” ON/Green.
If it is turned on, then please turn off “Use SSL.”
That’s it! You can solve your screen pop-up error. I hope this way is working in your case! Suppose, you have bad luck not solving the Cannot Verify Server Identity error on your iPad or iPhone. keep continuing to the next clue.
Solution #2: Check Network Connection between Device and Router
With weak internet connectivity, the Mail app will likely throw this type of error. Ensure that your iPhone and iPad are connected to stable Wi-Fi or Cellular Data. You can verify the internet connection Speed by loading any website on Safari or playing YouTube videos online.
Device connected to Wi-Fi but no internet connection? Click on a link to get a free guide that will help you to fix your phone’s internet issues. You guys, phone not connected to Wi-Fi but working with mobile data, you should assure that your device has enough data plan, otherwise, Cannot verify server identity iPhone error will not leave you. here’s a potential picture guide to resolve cellular data not working.
Solution #3. Hard Restart your Phone or Tablet
To restart your iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, or iPhone X, follow the given instructions;
- First of all, press and quickly release the volume up button,
- press and quickly release the volume down button,
- and press and hold on the Side button until you appear the Apple logo on the screen.
After this followed, turn on your phone again by pressing and holding on the Side button.
Solution #4. Force Close Mail App or Close All Apps running in backgorund
Look here (scroll below to watch the full video on how to force close all apps running in the background) to close the Application on your without physical home button iPhone.
The iPhone user with a physical home button can get an App switcher screen with a home button by double-press the Home button and swiping up an app that you want to force close.
Solution #5. Update Your Device Software Firmware
Keep note that your iPhone is updated to the latest software.
- Head to the Settings app
- Click General
- Tap Software Update.
Note:- Wait till the screen boot loop is loading. Make Sure your device is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network. Getting error unable to check for software update? Click the link to access all tricks to fix software update checking time issues on Apple iPhone or iPad.
my Software is up to date on your device, however, your device mail app showing Cannot Verify Server Identity iPad or iPhone, I request you delete the email account on your device and re-add the account. For that go to solution number six.
Solution #6. Delete Email Account and Re-add Mail Account Again
For iOS 14/iOS 15 Users or Later:
- Go to the Settings app
- Scroll down to Mail and tap on it.
- Tap Accounts
- Choose the Email account that annoys you
- in last, tap Delete Account
- A pop-up will asked you Delete Account – Deleting this account will remove its calendars, reminders and contacts from your iPhone.
- Click on Delete from My iPhone or iPad
- wait till Deleting loop screen terminate automatically. After that, again Add email account to use in Mail App. here’s full guide on how to add mail account on iPhone or iPad?
For iOS 13 or Earlier:
Steps to delete email account- launch Settings App- scroll down to Passwords & Accounts – choose an account that popping notification error – tap on Delete Account- you will get a popup that says Delete from My iPhone – so tap on it (Delete from My iPhone) and confirm.
Notice: Deleting this account will remove its calendars, notes, and contacts from your iPhone & iPad.
To Add the Email Account: Open the Settings app > tap Mail app > Accounts > Add Account. Enter the Credentials and if you see Cannot Verify Server Identity, tap on Details and tap the Trust option on the upper-right corner.
Solution #7. Reset All Settings
Since all the above solutions didn’t work out, let’s try to Reset All Settings and see if that fixes the Server Issues with the Mail App. However, on Resetting All Settings, you’ll lose all the customized iPhone settings.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset
- Hit Reset All Settings.
- Enter the iPhone Passcode.
- A pop-up will asked you, This will reset all Settings. No data or media will be deleted. Click on Reset All Settings to confrim.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and Reset the iPhone.
Solution #8. The Possible Main Reasons for this iPhone Mail App Error
There could be many possible reasons to receive the error notification “Cannot Verify Server Identity iOS” when you attempt to send emails on your iPad or iPhone. See below for specific Reasons:
- In case of an error in your iOS device Email’s Server Identity Certificate Settings
- Sometimes error occurred due to a faulty Mail App
Cannot verify server identity or Mail Won’t work because ISP has an issue with its server identity certificate.
Solution #9 Contact Apple Support
You my friends, if none of the solutions worked for your device, as further assistance, you should contact Apple Support. Click on the source to get the contact of Apple customer care and all about how to book a genius bar appointment.
In case of mistake of update from Apple iOS, Mail App, or other related apps like the podcast, exchange mail account, etc.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.