The AirDrop – Apple’s one of best ad-hoc service which enables users to transfer files among supported macOS and iOS devices. In the latest iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), the file-sharing function Airdrop is located in the Control center. Just one tap is enough to turn off/ turn on for transfer Content from iOS to Mac and between iOS to iOS, Mac to Mac. For example, while you want to try to share data between two devices of Apple using AirDrop and it shows dimmed then what you should do to fix it. Here are potential clues that would be clear your AirDrop Icon being Greyed out on iPhone or missing on Mac problem.
Luckily, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are worked even though, unluckily, AirDrop not working on iOS due to dimmed or grayed out issues hence, while you are feeling AirDrop missing or grayed out on iPhone with the latest iOS. Then you should apply the following solution first, this would be helped you to a quick resolve.
Easy Ways to Get Resolve Airdrop Dimmed/Grayed Out on iPhone and iPad (iPadOS) and Missing on Mac
Find and Turn off Airdrop Restrictions From iPhone Settings: iOS/iPadOS
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone or iPad.
- Next, Tap on ScreenTime. if it’s not enabled then enable screentime first.
- Next, to screen Time settings, Go to Content & Privacy Restrictions.
Note: If you’re not the owner of the device then you cannot remove or bypass Airdrop Restrictions without Phone unlock or Screen time passcode.
Clue 1. Remove AirDorp Restrictions on iOS 11/ 10
- Go to Settings – General – Tap Restrictions – Enter 4-digit Restrictions Passcode – Turn AirDrop ON/Green.
In iOS 12 and later devices, there is a new feature available called Screen Time. So Restrictions settings have been moved into the screen time function. Let’s See how to use Restrictions in iOS 12.
If AirDrop toggle is already green, however, AirDrop dimmed/missing on iPhone then keep continue for an alternative solution.
In iOS 11 Find AirDrop in Control Center, Swipe up finger on the screen to launch Control Center. Get here how do I customize the Control center on iPhone.
Clue 2: You should Restart your iPhone once
To Restart iPhone – Press and Hold the Power button until you will appear Slide to Power Off. after that again Power On your Phone and check out for AirDrop. (To turn on your iPhone – Press and Hold on Sleep/Wake button until your appear Apple logo)
I hope, this trick would be successful.
Clue 3: Restart or Hard Reboot
Press and hold sleep/wake buttons until you see the Apple logo on Screen,
- iPhone 6 and earlier: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home button at the same time until the device turns off.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Pressing and holding on the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down button simultaneously to power off the device then again press the power button to turn on.
- The trick for iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XS Max, XS, XR, X, iPhone 8 Plus/8 Plus: See steps in the below image.
- Quickly Press and Release Volume Up button.
- Next, Quickly Press and Release Volume Down button.
- Now, Only Press and Hold Side/Power button until you see the Apple logo on screen after the black screen.
Solution for Mac How to Do I Fix AirDrop Option Missing on Apple Mac Sidebar
one of the common problems that Mac users address while they trying to use the AirDrop feature on Apple Mac macOS Catalina or Earlier is to find the AirDrop option missing from the left sidebar menu in Finder.
Below instruction will help you to get back the Missing AirDrop Option on Mac Sidebar.
- Step #1. Let’s Login your mac and make the ready Home screen.
- Step #2. Next Click on the Finder icon located in the bottom or side Dock on your Apple Mac.
- Step #3. Now click on the Finder option in the upper menu-bar on your Mac and then click on System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
- Step #4. You can see the Finder Preferences screen, please click on the Sidebar tab and then check the option for AirDrop.
And your job is done!! I hope, this post found helpful. Share your experience with us in the comments.
Having a problem AirDrop missing on iPhone?
Let’s share with you what clue has been fixed your problem Airdrop Dimmed/Grayed out on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
To get more How to’s on iPhone Plus and earlier models please stay tuned in touch with us.