Last Updated on Mar 10, 2022
Error bluetooth is not connected, Bluetooth not available on MacBook Pro, Mac is a common problem, occurs during file transfer on MacBook Air or MacBook Pro or iMac. When Apple releases any principal update, there are high chances of such bluetooth issues. Suddenly, Bluetooth keeps disconnecting on Mac, Bluetooth icon missing on Mac, and many times bluetooth is unavailable on Mac. In such circumstances, you cannot use Bluetooth for file transfer.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In this troubleshooting, we will show you how to bring the missing Bluetooth icon on the Mac and the alternate way to get back your bluetooth icon on the status bar of Mac. For your convenience, we have also made a video tutorial to fix Bluetooth issues on macOS 12 Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, and earlier.
Watch Video to how to Fix Bluetooth Not Available Error on Mac/Bluetooth pan is Not Connected
- Keep the Bluetooth device or Accessory close to Mac desktop and notebook.
- Make sure the bluetooth device is charged enough. Almost all BT devices are able to play till the 1% charge. But I suggest you should charge your bluetooth device when the battery drains on 10%. If you are out of town or hard to reach at power socket access, in such time, you should carry Portable Power backup to re-charge your accessory.
- If Bluetooth Device isn’t showing on Mac Bluetooth pane, then make sure the same bluetooth device isn’t connected to another nearby Mac or PC laptop. The main reason for this is that your Bluetooth-enabled electronic items can be paired with only one output machine at a time. For example, Bluetooth keyboard, BT mouse, trackpad, headset or other audio device.
List of Solutions to Fix Error Bluetooth Not Available on macOS 12 Monterey, Big Sur, & Earlier macOS
Solution 1: Remove All the USB Devices
If the above quick tips fail to restore the bluetooth feature, Try out this. Sometimes connecting multiple devices simultaneously creates chaos for the MacBook Mac. For example, the Mac might be interfered with by the None-Apple accessories; in such case, for once, disconnect all the accessories, including the Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, and other peripherals, and reconnect them.
Solution 2: Check the Sound Output
If you’re experiencing bluetooth issues with the wireless Headphones on Mac, then make sure the internal sound settings are in your favor, otherwise, it won’t work.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Locate the Sound
- Select the Output tab and make sure the connected speaker is selected or if you’re playing songs on MacBook itself, then choose Built-in.
On your computer, the Sound output setting is all right; however, your Bluetooth device can’t pair to your Mac. Oh!! This issue is tiny but institutes a major problem for you because you can’t listen to Mac playback on your headphone, either wireless or wired headphones. Don’t worry; I’ve several strategies that maybe help you to complete your issue quickly, just you have to follow line-by-line, which is given below.
Solution 3: Remove Bluetooth Preference File
Since Bluetooth is not available on macOS Monterey, Big Sur the first step you should take is to remove the bluetooth preferences file. These files get corrupted after some time, so it is better if you remove the bluetooth preferences file from Mac and fix Bluetooth not working issue. Here’s how to do it,
- Step #1. Exit all System Preferences or apps on your Mac as well that app which has to try to establish the Bluetooth connection between your Mac and another device.
- Step #2. Press, Command +Shift+ G in the Finder app
- Step #3. Finder will open the ‘’Go to the Folder’’, Now there type /Library/Preferences/.
- Step #4. Now, Search file ‘’com.apple.Bluetooth.plist’’ after found that delete all files and there are any other files related the same extension then also remove them.
- Step #5. Now, go back to the main screen of your Mac and Click on Apple Menu
- Step #6. Click on Shutdown option, and your Mac happened to restart after some time and after that again Sync your Bluetooth device.
It will open with New Bluetooth Configuration. So here, your Error should fix to connect Bluetooth device If your issue is still not resolved then follow beneath given second way.
Solution 4: Reboot Your Mac SMC
Once you remove the bluetooth preferences file from the Mac, the very next thing that should be done is to reboot the system. All the changes that you have made will be effective after refreshing the Mac. This is how you can reboot your Mac SMC.
Get More: Fix Bluetooth issue on Mac
You can reset Intel-based Mac’s SMC from Reset SMC (System Management Controller) source. You can get from this link how to reset MacBook Pro, Mac Book Air without batteries, and with batteries as well iMac and other Mac.
Solution 5: Manually Search Device
Bluetooth device not appearing on MacBook Pro or any other macOS version, then make sure to search the bluetooth device manually. Turn Off and On the bluetooth to refresh the bluetooth system of Mac.
- Click on the Apple logo on the top menubar
- Choose System Preferences.
- Click Bluetooth.
Remove all the Devices, Search manually from this window. if you find the device, then try to connect it.
Solution 6: Restart the Bluetooth Device or Accessories
Many times we were busy teasing the Mac and at last, finds that the real culprit is the Bluetooth accessory or device that we are trying to connect with Mac. So, let your Mac rest for a while and restart the bluetooth device/accessory that you are trying to connect with Mac. Alternatively, connect the Bluetooth device with any other Mac or PC to make sure it is working properly.
Solution 7: Check for System Update
Bluetooth device is working properly? Surely now there is a problem with your Mac System. Did you check for the updates on Mac? If not, then kindly do it. Updating macOS to the latest software version is the easiest way to get rid of connectivity issues on Mac. Here’s how to update macOS.
For macOS Monterey/ Big Sur/macOS Catalina/Mojave,
- Click on the Apple logo on the top menu bar
- Click on System Preferences.
- Now click on Software Update.
Wait till the load the Screen, I hope your mac connect to the Wi-Fi network at a time to check available software update.
For earlier macOS versions,
- Go to App Store > Update tab.
Don’t miss out to leave your reply in the comment after getting perfect on Bluetooth not Available on Mac devices.
Solution 8: Reset Bluetooth Module
If bluetooth keeps disconnecting on macOS Monterey, then reset the bluetooth module on your Mac. This will remove all the connected bluetooth devices such as Mouse, Keyboard, etc for once, later you have to reconnect them.
- Step #1: Go to the Terminal app.
- Step #2: Type, sudo pkill bluetoothd.
- Step #3: Hit return and enter the password.
If you see the Bluetooth icon on the status bar, then you can follow these steps to reset the bluetooth module on Mac.
- Step #1: Press Shift+Option keys on the keyboard
- Now click on the “Bluetooth” icon on your Mac.
- Step #2: Hover the mouse on “Debug” and click on the “Reset bluetooth module”.