Last Updated on Jan 6, 2021
Apple Mail Mac app doesn’t identify and check Spam and junk emails automatically, that you are receiving in your Email Inbox. So, Users have to take action on it and manually block the Email address from the mail app settings. if you added multiple email accounts, then the Mac mail app itself can’t auto block spam, it would depend on whoever your mail provider is.
Native email app on Mac allows users to manage incoming Emails through different Preference settings. here in this article, I will learn you both the methods one by one.
Just like the iOS mail app, Block and Unblock email address on iPhone, iPad is easy but more precious on the Mac mail app. In Accurate ways, we can add a particular Email address to the blacklist or Create a Rule for the email that you receive in your Inbox.
Ways to Block & Unblock Email Address in Mac Mail App
These all are the techniques works for permanently block an email address.
Block and Unblock Emails on Mac Mail App
For beginners, that’s a great way to Stop unwanted email comes to your Inbox. This Option will mute the Notifications and Doesn’t appear in your Mail inbox. if you are unable to activate to add an Email address in the blocking list then try blocking using rules that are showing as alternate methods of Stop Email on your Mac Mail app inbox.
- Open the Mail app on Mac.
- Go to the Mail Menu and Click on the Preferences option.
- Click on the Junk Mail tab, and See the Blocked section using Tab.
- Click on the Plus button to add a Blocking Email address, or You can type from Saved contacts.
- Once you do it and add it to the email booking list, New email with a blocked address will move to Bin directly. that doesn’t appear in Inbox.
if you wish to Allow Blocked email appearing in your inbox then select, Mark as Blocked mail, But leave it in my inbox.
Blocked Email Notification will not appear on your Mac Notification widget.
- Click on (-) to Remove the Email Address from the blocked list.
That’s it. Sometimes mac users are looking for advanced blocking rules and more customization. Go through the next method of how to Create Email rules on the Mac mail app.
Block Unwanted Emails Address Using Rules: Bocking, SPAM, or Junk
Mac mail app users can also manage Spam email and Junk email using the rules, these rules will be applicable for your Mac mail app only. Other accounts and the system doesn’t affect the rule if you require the same rules on another mac or company mac that follow the same steps there also.
- Open the Mail app on Mac.
- From the Top menu, Mail > Preferences.
- Last click on More Option > And Select Rules.
- Now, Click on “Add Rule” > Give Rules name under Description > Select From > Type Email Address that you want to block or Move to the bin.
- add an action that runs if Perform the action by query match,
- Select Move Messages then Select Junk [to Move Blacklisted emails into junk directly].
- If you don’t want a Blacklisted email, then Select Delete Message. These rules delete emails from that sender.
Click on ‘Ok’ to apply the rule for new emails that you will receive in your Mail mac app.
if you are receiving frequently unwanted emails from the same sander then make it a junk email and move those all emails into junk or Bin. Follow the next method to do.
Block Email Using Option: Mark as a Junk Email
Without add selected contacts or email addresses to a blacklist, or Create a rule auto move junk or delete it. Directly pick up the repetitive email that’s annoying, So, we can mark this email or email address as Junk.
In your Mail inbox, Right Click on the Email that you mark as junk or spam. and Select, Move to Junk option.
Also, you would check Junk Email Behaviour settings from mail System Preferences.
- Open Mail app on Mac.
- From the top Mac menu, Mail > Preferences.
- Select Junk Mail Tab > junk Mail Behaviour > Enable Junk Mail filtering.
- Select the action type when junk mail Arrives. “Move it to Junk Mailbox or mark it as Junk Mail, But leave it in my Inbox“.
To remove block & Unblock email on mac mail app, just follow the all above steps and remove blocked contacts and blocking rules.