Last Updated on Jul 7, 2022
Setup New handoff features is available on Mac [Updated macOS Ventura]. As well as iOS 8 or later iOS/iPadOS version will only support handoff on iPhone and iPad. Now, Apple is giving the option to call, Share your task – Work in-between from your Mac & (iPhone and iPad) device. So don’t miss out these features to use in your Mac, handoff can call from Mac to iOS device vice versa, Share your current work from Mac to the iOS device, With some Hendy, pre-requirements has given in this tutorial – Setup and use Handoff on Mac and iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch.
Handoff Requirement, Setup and Use Handoff on Mac (iPhone and iPad)
1. Requirement full-filled before you have to use handoff in Mac and iOS device
- Mac running on Latest version on macOS (Note: Download, install or update Mac in your Compatible Mac device).
- iPhone and iPad installed with iOS 8 or later (iPhone 11 (Pro, max), iPhone X, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S and Other Compatible phones, iPad, Apple Watch) support handoff.
- Both (Mac and iOS, Apple Watch) devices logged with same apple ID
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (Same network) turned on Both Mac and iOS device
- Keep Distance between both devices that running handoff should be near as possible.
2. Handoff Setup on Mac
Before proceeding for setup first check you have updated OS X from Mac configuration. You have an Updated version of macOS and follow the below step.
Turn On Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your Mac device,
- Go apple icon from top right menu item bar > System preference > Go with the General option > and enable check for the option for “Allow handoff between this Mac and your iCloud device”
- On MacOS Ventura: Enable Handoff from the top menu Apple Logo > System Settings. Click on General > AirDrop & Handoff > Enable the toggle “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices”.
- Also logged in your iCloud account (System preference > iCloud)/ System Preferences > Apple ID > Find the Apple ID. with the same ID used in the iOS devices.
Now you have successfully setup handoff on Mac OS X Yosemite device.
3. Handoff setup on iPhone and iPad
- Turn On Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your iPhone/ iPad.
- Enable handoff, Go to the Setting > General > AirPlay & Handoff > Enable Handoff. [Handoff lets you start something on one device and instantly pick it up on other devices using your iCloud account. The app you need appears in the app switcher and in the dock on a Mac]
Handoff setup is done on your iPhone / iPad that’s running.
4. Handoff On Apple Watch
On Apple Watch, Handoff lets you start something on one device and instantly pick it up on other devices using your iCloud account. Then the app you need appears in the app switcher on your iPhone and in the dock on a Mac. Follow the below steps to enable Handoff on Apple Watch.
- Open Watch App on iPhone.
- Scroll to General > Handoff. Enable the toggle for Handoff. That’s it.
5. How we use handoff on Mac OS & iOS device
- Call and Text: You can call your device from Mac to iPhone/ iPad. At that time notification comes to answer the call for a limited range.
- Continue work from other devices: you can transfer your work from Mac to iPhone/ iPad. For Ex, if you are searching from Safari on Mac then you have to search for the same item on iPhone/ iPad, just open iPhone/ iPad lock screen. The Safari icon will automatically appear at the bottom of the iPhone/ iPad screen. Tap on it, safari launch automatically with the same search on Mac. So on iPhone/ iPad, you can do a continuous job without re-typing URLs and more.
And on Mac see in below screen,
- Apps works on handoff: you can do the same with handoff supporting apps like Mail, Maps, Messages, Reminders, Calendar, Contacts, Pages, and Keynote.
You learn how to set up and use Handoff on Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Mac Yosemite tip: How to decrease/ Reduce transparency on Mac.
Don’t miss out how like this new feature after setup and use Handoff on Mac, and what’s your favorite features inside handoff, toady where are you using and which app’s handoff feature likes you most in below community’s comment box?