Are you able to use or send New Voice messages Recently Instagram has released the vital function with the new update? The new function is you can do voice messages like WhatsApp, someone, using Instagram. Apart from posting stories, sharing pictures, videos, and boomerang on DMs now you can also voice messages. A voice message is useful for lazy persons or those who are tired of typing, simply speak and send the message. No need to spend the extra buck for this.
Unfortunately, we as an iPhone user every time we have to face new difficulties whether it is a major iOS update or app update. No doubt Instagram’s this new update will work seamlessly without any error, at some point, it will harass you. Here we are! For you, we have prepared some guidelines if you are facing the same Instagram voice message not working on iPhone. Follow the article,
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Instagram Voice Message Not Working on iPhone and iPad
How do I listen to a voice message on Instagram?
to listen to an insta voice message, Just Raise to ear to play the voice message or you can also play the voice message on Instagram with a tap on the Play arrow icon. if voice message won’t play then follow the bottom mentions guide to fix the Instagram voice message problem.
Fix 1: Enable Microphone for Instagram
To DM Instagram voice message you will need to give access to the microphone to the Instagram app. Here’s how to enable the microphone for Instagram,
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Scroll down and tap on the “Instagram” app.
- Step #3: Enable “Microphone”.
Go to the Settings > Privacy > Scroll To Microphone > Enable Toggle for Instagram
Fix 2: Reconnect to Wi-Fi
Firstly check that your iPhone is connected to the strong network because Instagram needs a good internet connection to load stories, play videos and send voice messages. You can turn off the Wi-Fi and then reconnect the iPhone with Wi-Fi.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Step #3: Disable the Wi-Fi and after a minute turn toggle Wi-Fi ON/Green.
If Instagram voice messages work then enjoy the new feature of Instagram.
Fix 3: Clear the App and reboot the iPhone
if you have issue like Why won’t my Instagram voice messages play? this is the ideal solution. So many background apps are running? If you don’t know then check by double-pressing the Home button and if you have iPhone X or later then swipe up gently the screen to preview the background apps. The iPhone will work smoothly when you light up the burden by closing background apps or not using the device constantly. After you clean the background apps from the iPhone, reboot the device.
For iPhone 8, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR or later
- 1: Press and release the Volume Up button.
- 2: Press and release the Volume Down button.
- 3: Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Step #1: Press and hold the Home button and Volume Down button for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6S or earlier
- Step #1: Press and hold the Home Button and Side button and release it when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Fix 4: Update the Instagram App
Updating the app regularly means fixing the glitches and bugs of the application. If Instagram voice messages are not working on iPhone, then check for the update for that app or else update all the apps.
- Step #1: Launch the “App Store”.
- Step #2: Tap on the “Updates” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Step #3: If you want to update Instagram separately then tap the “Update” button next to the Instagram app or else select “Update All”.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings
The network can be a possible reason why Instagram’s voice message is not working on the iPhone. To deal with network related issues and eliminate the troubles like this you have to Reset Network Settings. Once you perform this all the Wi-Fi passwords, VPN and APN settings will erase.
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Select “Reset”.
- Step #4: Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
Enter the password is required to complete the process of reset.
Fix 6: Reinstall Instagram
It might be possible that your Instagram is entirely affected by malware or corrupted. If this is the reason, then the above troubleshooting will not work to fix Instagram voice messages not working. You need to delete the app and again install it from the App Store.
- To delete the Instagram app, press and hold on the icon from the home screen and when you see (x) on the Instagram icon tap to delete it.
- To reinstall you have to visit the App Store and install it usually.
Fix 7: Contact Apple Support
After this long list of solutions still, Instagram voice messages are not working then definitely the problem is with the microphone, which is a hardware issue of your iPhone. To fix the microphone not working you have to take the appointment of the Apple Store and get repaired the device.
Share your problem with us to fix your iOS issues like message unable to send due to a small piece of problems that we covered real-time updates comes to us from Top techie like you. You have a great chance to participate on this website by sharing tips and problems with us on comment or mail.