Last Updated on Nov 1, 2021
Notes app has a remarkable gesture for Create New note, Delete Note, Move note into another folder, or Pin/Unpin notes in iPhone notes app. Here I find out the way to restore or recover Lost or Deleted Notes on iPhone 13 series models, iPhone 12 lineup, iPhone 11 Pro, Max, XS Max, XS, XR, X,8, 8 Plus,7,6S, 6, SE running on the latest iOS.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Yes, it may happen accidentally or intentionally with anyone. that is very embarrassing for you if that note contains important data which means a lot to you. But don’t lose hope, there are some tricks and tips from which you can retrieve those notes easily. Here, I have mentioned four different techniques to recover your lost notes.
3 Ways to Recover Deleted Notes From iPhone, iPad
Method 1: Retrieve Notes from Recently Deleted Folder Without Mac/PC
The first option to retrieve deleted notes is you can recover your notes within Notes App only. For that you have to check in a Recently Deleted folder within 30 days otherwise you will lose your notes permanently from that folder also.
Just check how you can get notes from the recently deleted folder
- Launch “Notes App.”
- Open the “Recently Deleted” folder. At the top right corner of the iPhone, screen Find and Tap on More option. This Recently Deleted folder will keep notes are available here for 30 days after that time, Notes will be permanently deleted. This may take up to 40 Days.
Method 2: Recover Notes From iTunes/Finder Backup [Notes are Not Available Recently Deleted Folder]
macOS Catalina or later macOS users can use Finder to restore iPhone/iPad Backup. Because iTunes is not available for the latest macOS. macOS Mojave and Earlier, windows users can use iTunes to Restore old Backup.
There are a lot of advantages if you take daily backup on your iPhone. If you’ve deleted notes from your iPhone, you can get those notes from iTunes if you have a backup. In such situations, you will find that taking a regular backup is very helpful. Before restoring a backup, you need to update your iOS device to the latest software.
- Step 1: Open “iTunes/Finder.” on Mac/PC. Connect your iPhone/iPad to Mac/PC using USB Cable. and Unlock your device, So finder/iTunes can access your Device. Check Finder Sidebar on Mac/At the top on the iTunes window.
- Step 2: On the screen, you’ll find the “Restore Backup” tap on it and restore your latest backup to your iPhone.
Probably you will get your deleted notes from backup. But this technique has a significant limitation; if you’re restoring the backup, then it will overwrite all of your existing files along with the settings of your iPhone. Make sure about this because when you take a new iTunes backup, it will overwrite your old backup.
Method 3: Restore Backup from iCloud Without Mac/PC
If you have enabled auto backup on iCloud, then there are more chances of getting your deleted notes. To restore your iCloud backup follow the Steps
It is mandatory to update the iOS device to the latest version to retrieve data from iCloud. Check whether you have the latest iOS or not.
- 1: Go to “Settings” and then open “General.”
- 2: Open “Software Update,” if your device is updated, then there is no issue.
- 3: If it does not then follow the instruction to update the iPhone.
Most of the Users keep an iCloud backup for Notes, Contacts, Mail, Reminder, Safari, Stocks enabled to use across all Apple devices. So your iCloud Notes is always on Internet Apple Account. If you are looking for the Offline notes recovery option, then you should go with the Restore Backup from your Mac/PC techniques.
Now we will See How to Restore Notes from Old iCloud Backup in iPhone
- 1: Go to “Settings” and tap on your “Apple ID Name.”
- 2: Then “iCloud” > Scroll to Notes and Enable the toggle to Green.
- That’s it. Yout iCloud Notes will we restore after a few seconds or minutes it depends on Internet connectivity and Size of Notes. Also, Check the Notes app after force close and Re-launch on iPhone.
Restore Deleted Note on MacBook Mac Notes App
Just like iPhone, iPad Note app, For Mac we can also restore Deleted notes from a Recently deleted folder within 40 Days from the Day of Delete Note. Once you delete Note for All Time from the Recently deleted note Folder, We can’t recover Note.
- Open Notes app on your Mac > Find Recently Deleted folder from the sidebar and Right Click on Note that you want to restore back to your Notes app. That’s it.
Hope you enjoyed it and help to fix your problem on how to recover deleted notes on iPhone.