Table of Contents Show
- Fix Safari not Working with Cellular Data in iOS
- Video Guide why Cellular Data not working on iOS
- Steps:- How to turn on Cellular data for safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Tourshooting Guide to Fix safari won’t work on cellular data
- How to Enable Cellular Network on Safari
- Safari Cannot Open the Page because your iPhone is Not Connected to the Internet iOS 15 or Earlier version
- Safari won’t load anything on Cellular Data but everything else works on Cellular Data just not Safari
- iPhone Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server
- iPhone Safari cannot open the page because server cannot be found
- Safari cannot open page on Mac
in this post, I’ll show you all possible solutions to fix safari cannot open the page because your iPhone is not connected to the internet iOS 16 or earlier version of 2022. As well as troubleshooting of various safari Errors that bother on your iPhone and iPad.
The Network Company provides Cellular data; it is an alternative option to connect Smartphone/ Apple iPhone with the internet world. Please note that the Cellular data is to be chargeable. Smartphone(s) Operating system wise each Smartphone has its default web browser for web surfing. But it’s not mandatory to use. Hence, users can download other third-party browsers from the App store.
At that place where Wi-Fi is not available/not connecting or not easily accessible, and you wanted surfing something on Safari App. Then you should enable mobile/Cellular. If your iPhone shows up that your safari cannot open the page because your iPhone is not connected to the internet. Below given steps would help you to fix Safari not working with Cellular data in iOS. First of all, verify that the mobile/ Cellular data is enabled on your Apple iPhone or iPad.
Fix Safari not Working with Cellular Data in iOS
Video Guide why Cellular Data not working on iOS
It’s turned on even though the safari webpage panic you then you should try the following answers.
Steps:- How to turn on Cellular data for safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Step 1. Go to the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Step 2. Tap on Mobile or Cellular data. Turn Cellular data ON, if already then keep continuing to the next step.
- Step 3. Now scroll down the screen and under the Use Cellular Data for labeled Turn Safari ON.
Now close Safari App and then open Safari again. Let’s try something to find on safari; you will be getting fixed.
Tourshooting Guide to Fix safari won’t work on cellular data
Still, it stuck you, don’t worry guys, the optimal solution is to reset network settings on the iOS device. To Reset Network Settings,
Steps to Reset Network Settings on iOS 15/ iOS 16 and Later Version
Step #1: Open up “Settings”.
Step #2: Open “General” and then tap “Transfer or Reset iPhone”.
Step #3: Lastly, tap “Reset” > “Reset Network Settings” > Enter your iPhone Lock passcode and Try after Reboot once. This Process won’t erase other important settings, Media, Messages, and more.
Now go back in cellular data settings and turn Safari toggle green. after this, open the Safari browser, it should load the website that you are exploring. if still safari not working properly, then as a force solution- you will have to perform restart your Phone.
Steps to Reset Network Settings on iOS 14 and Earlier Version
- Go with the Settings App on your iPhone or iPad home screen.
- Tap the General tab.
- Scroll down the screen and tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings
- You’ll be prompted to choose Reset network settings.
Note: Your Celluar Plan must be activated and your card must have enough data to surfing with mobile data. so I suggest you also check your cellular data usage and make sure the plan is active.
because of an in-activated plan or expired data, you are unable to brows on the internet. in this case, either re-charge your cellular data plan or connect your device to wifi and get enjoy.
furthermore, contact your carrier service provider. if you have At&t or T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, then go to its website and contact customer care. you can also get the support number in its mobile app if you have downloaded the app already.
How to Enable Cellular Network on Safari
By default the Cellular Data is enabled for all the applications, however, if you can’t use Safari on Cellular Data, then make sure it is turned on for Safari.
- Go to the Settings App on the iPhone.
- Tap on Cellular.
- Scroll down and find the Safari
- Toggle switch next to Safari App.
Safari Cannot Open the Page because your iPhone is Not Connected to the Internet iOS 15 or Earlier version
The title explains itself that if you’re not connected to the internet, Safari App won’t work. By all means, you’re sure that iPhone is connected to the internet and other applications such as YouTube, Instagram, etc. are working well, but not Safari then there are few workarounds to try.
Note: If cell data is on for safari even though not work safari without wi-fi then make sure that your plan is activated. contact nearest carrier store and ask them.
Solution 1: Enable Cellular Data for Safari
This is the most common reason, why many users won’t be able to operate Safari on the iPhone. When Cellular Data is disabled for Safari App, and you’re trying to use the Safari App on Cellular Data, it won’t respond. Refer to the above steps and enable Cellular Network for Safari.
Solution 2: Remove All Website Data From safari
suppose your phone is connected to the internet and you also tried to check safari and other apps working with another wi-fi network by switching on wi-fi to other wi-fi, however, your device safari won’t load anything (pictures, webpage, etc.), then please I suggest you remove all data and Clear History and Website Data. To do that, Follow my bottom steps and try again to use the Safari browser.
Steps to Remove Safari All Website Data
- Head to Settings App
- Scroll the screen tap Safari
- Next again scroll the screen tap Advanced
- Click Website Data
- on this screen, a button to the bottom of the screen appears Remove All Website Data. Click on Remove All website data.
- Note: – So A pop-up appears that ask you – This will clear data could be used for tracking but is also used by website to preserve login information and to speed up browsing.
- in Last, Click on Remove Now. After this, try re-open the Safari app and re-load by pull-down the safari screen by putting your finger on the middle of the screen.
I hope, you found this helpful. by chance, still, your device avoids using safari page won’t load, then Clear History and Website Data. let’s follow the underneath steps,
Steps to Clear Safari History and Website Data
- Open Settings App
- Find and Tap on Safari
- On this page, scroll the screen to Click Clear History and Website Data
- Pop-up Screen asks you: Let’s see what happens if your clear safari history and website data – Clearing will remove history, cookies, and other browsing data. history will be clear from device signed into your icloud account.
- Click Clear History and Data
if you guys, given above tow solution does not work to fix Error Safari won’t load page (safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding) or any website, then keep continue to attempt Enable Block All Cookies, Reset network settings, and Force Reboot Your device.
Steps Enable Safari Block All Cookies
- Open Settings App
- Scroll to Safari
- find and enable Block All Cookies toggle Green.
- A pop-up asks you – let’s read here what happens if you block All Cookies -Are you sure you want to block all cookies? websites may not work if you do this. Existing cookies and website data will also be removed.
- Tap Block All
it’s Ok. now Try to search any website on safari, and comment below your reply. in case of don’t fix, try the Reset network settings solution to fix Safari issues on iOS 16 and Earlier firmware.
Solution 3: Reset Network Settings
If there’s an issue with Network Settings, it will be eliminated by resetting network settings on the iPhone. Doing this will reset certain settings such as saved Wi-Fi passwords, paired Bluetooth devices, APN, and VPN settings. But none of your personal data such as photos, videos, etc will be affected.
Steps to Reset Network Settings on iOS 15 and later Version
For iOS 15 follow the steps to reset the network settings that are mentioned above.
Steps to Reset Network Settings on iOS 14 and Earlier Version
- Open the Settings
- Go to General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings and follow on-screen instructions.
Solution 4: Reset All Settings
This action will deal with random changes in settings that have been made unknowingly, it’s hard to revise all the customized settings on the iPhone. Therefore, we’ll reset all settings to restore all the settings to their default. Again it won’t delete any personal data.
- Go to the Settings App.
- Tap on General.
- Hit the Reset
- Select Reset All Settings.
Steps to Reset All Settings in iOS 15 and Later Version
Go to the “Settings” app > Tap “General” > Find and open tap “Transfer or Reset iPhone”
> Tap “Reset” > Lastly tap on “Reset All Settings” > For security reasons, you will be asked to enter the iPhone Passcode. >Tap Confirm Reset All Settings. > After that iPhone will reboot.
Safari won’t load anything on Cellular Data but everything else works on Cellular Data just not Safari
If that’s the case, then cross-check the Cellular Data for Safari App is enabled or not. You can use YouTube, Facebook, Google App, etc. just not Safari, then it might be possible the Cellular Data for Safari is disabled on iPhone. I’ve mentioned a stepwise guide to enable Cellular Data for Safari, check the above section.
Alternatively, delete the Safari History and Data from iPhone, open the Settings app > Safari App > Clear History and Website Data.
Still, there is no change and Safari won’t load the website, Reset Network Settings, and Reset All Settings. Again if you don’t know how to reset network settings and reset all settings, check the above section.
iPhone Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server
If you’ve already tried the above solutions to fix the Safari issues, but none of them helped, try these advanced solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Website URL
Incorrect URL won’t open and Safari will throw random errors. Sometimes the people don’t know the correct domain and directly type it on the URL bar, which results in such errors.
To avoid this, search only the website name, and go with the correct result.
Solution 3: Remove Safari History and Data
A corrupt website or cache could affect the entire Safari App, in that case, removing the Safari Website History and Data could be helpful.
- Go to the Settings
- Tap on Safari App and select Clear History and Website Data.
Solution 3: Try VPN
Have you tried opening the website after connecting your iPhone to VPN? Sometimes, website administrators put restrictions and won’t let certain region to use their website. Download the VPN app and try searching the website on Safari.
iPhone Safari cannot open the page because server cannot be found
Aside from checking the website URL, deleting Safari History and Website Data, and trying VPN, you can also tweak a few more settings in order to fix the iOS Safari cannot open the page.
If you haven’t done the basics, then I’d strongly recommend you check the above sections for easy tricks, and if they didn’t work, continue with the below solutions.
Solution 1: Change DNS Server
Sometimes the DNS servers are responsible for such issues, and to overcome that, you can use Google’s DNS. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Settings App.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on (i) info next to the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to.
- Select Configure DNS and tap on Manual.
- To add Google DNS, tap Add Server and enter 8.8.8 or 18.104.22.168.
Solution 2: Force Restart iPhone
Now the only solution left apart from Factory Data Reset is to force reboot the iPhone to rule out the minor bugs and software glitches.
For iPhone 8 or later,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo displays.
For iPhone 7, 7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6S, 6SPlus, or earlier,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 3: Factory Reset iPhone
Still, if Safari isn’t working, it’s time to factory reset the iPhone. Make sure to back up the iPhone and then only reset the iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Select Reset.
- Lastly, tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reset the iPhone.
Safari cannot open page on Mac
Is Safari not loading pages on Mac? Here are a few points to try and troubleshoot the issue.
Solution 1: Check for Errors on Safari
Usually, when the webpage fails to load on Safari, it throws an error message, regarding the same. If you see any error message, follow the guides and try to fix it.
Sometimes it’s way easy to deal with such errors if you carefully look at the error message. Or else move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify Website URL
Are you sure the website is live? Have you entered the website URL correct? Is the same webpage opens on other devices but not Mac Safari? Find and answer all these questions to yourself and see if it works.
Solution 3: Connect Mac to VPN
Do you have a VPN? If yes, then connect Mac to VPN and reload the webpage or if you’re already trying to open the webpage on VPN, disconnect and see if that works. There are many websites that won’t open in other regions due to restrictions, but when connected to a VPN it works smoothly.
Solution 4: Enter /index.html or /index.htm at the end of the website’s URL.
Solution 5: Quit Safari App and Re-launch it
Restart the Safari App, it might help you this time.
- Click on Safari on the top menu bar and select Quit.
Solution 6: Disable Firewall and Antivirus
Firewall and Antivirus settings could block the website if it detects a threat to you. You can disable them and see if it works.
Solution 7: Update Mac
Last but not the least, update the macOS to the latest software available for you.
- Click on the Apple logo on the top menu bar.
- Select the App Store and click on Updates.
Read More: Tips to save data usage on your Apple Phone or tablet
Give us your feedback and send us what solution became helpful in your case to fix Safari not working with Cellular Data in the latest iOS.