iOS update is so simple and user-friendly, Apple Giving wide options to update complete iOS in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Here I talk about the ways of OS update after that pros and cons effect on your device. You know that iOS device update using iTunes is a completely easy task. Because Chance to stop the upgrade process is minimum as compared to Upgrade iOS without iTunes in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple Gives new updates every year and small but important updates in-between years, But after bug fixing and some iOS improvements, Know the Latest iOS version and Keep Up To Date your Device.
Note: if possible, please take backup using iTunes on your Mac/ PC. In this process, you don’t need any Wired or Wirelessly network connection. Just plug your iPhone and Mac with Mac using a lightning cable.
Steps to Upgrade iOS without iTunes in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Step 1: Make sure have you a recent backup of your iOS device,
- Step 2: Now, are you going to upgrade iOS on Wireless network, Wi-Fi, and 2G or 3G. If possible choose a More secure network as a Wi-Fi. Your iPhone running on Trusted connection and efficient battery for update more than 75% or near to 100%, because that will take time.
- Step 3: Next, Go to the Settings app.
- Step 4: Now, Scroll down and Tap on the General option.
- Step 5: Under the General, Tap on the Software Update option.
- Step 6: Now, This screen will show how many data updates will be taken during a downloading process in MBs or GBs. So Make sure you have efficient space or not.
- Step 7: All is Ok, then Tap on “Download and install” or “install now”.
- Validate message will appear to confirm that, You want to proceed with the Wi-Fi network. If you’re then Ok. Next, accept terms by a tap on the Agree button.
- Step 8: On the same screen, You can see download progress with a blue line moving left to right on the screen.
- After Download Completed, the iOS system asks to install now or later. Tap on install option.
- Step 9: You can see the black screen with the Apple logo and installation progress bar.
- After Successfully installed new iOS your Device (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch) will restart automatically. Now you have new iOS Check under the Settings > General > about > Version.
Note: in case you are failed some valid reason, and then you can recover it by using DFU mode.
Pros: Time-consuming for Upgrade iOS without iTunes in iPhone, iPad, and Touch. Easy to setup
Cons: High Possibility to stop the update process.
In the same process, you can try for Update iOS in iPhone without lighting cable, Upgrade iOS 7 to 8, Find and Update latest iOS without iTunes o Mac/ PC.
Helpful Articles: [Fix Over The Air Update Error on WiFi]
Are you happy with new look iOS in iPhone, after Upgrade iOS without iTunes on iPhone? Any Problem? What you feel share with us.