Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Are you getting an error that Apple pay has been disabled because the security settings of this mac were modified Or card is unavailable to use with apple pay mac? Numbers of users facing same issue after new MacOS update, Several users reported the issue with they Unable to set up Apple Pay on Mac, View or Add a New Card, or Can’t use and do Apple Pay for Online Purchases on Mac Via Safari or App. Also, Unable to send the Money in the Messages app. Let’s fix your Problem with the important security Software update for your Installed macOS.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
To fix this error, your Mac is connected with the internet connection and is able to do Software updates which means Login with your Administrator account.
Step to fix Apple Pay Issue on Mac: Apple Pay was disabled because the security settings
- Go to the Apple Logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Software Update.
- Wait for few seconds, and click on Advanced Option.
- Uncheck or Reselect option “Install system data files and security updates“. Click on Ok to apply changes.
Go Back and check that, are you able to set up or Load Apple Pay wallet details on Mac under Wallet & Apple Pay Preferences.
Note: Keep Lid Open of your Mac, also Keep Wake up your Mac. Once the security update is installed on your Mac. Try and You will get fixed automatically.
Still, you won’t able to fix apple pay not working in apps and Websites. Follow the below troubleshooting,
- Turn off VPN on Mac.
- Restart your Mac in Safe mode and Check again. In Safe mode your Mac determin the software issue and fix on startup.
- Connect your Mac WiFi to your own Private WiFi network or Use your Mobile Hotspot connection.
- Restart your Mac, and see if any Pending software update showing under the System Preference’s Software Update.
- If you are willing to pay on a Website with iPhone or Apple Watch. Use Safari Browser on Mac, and Also enable, Allow websites to check for Apple Pay and Apple Card. Open Safari on Mac > Safari from top Menu > Privacy > Enable Select box “Allow websites to check for Apple Pay and Apple Card”.
On iPhone: Settings > Wallet & Apple pay > Scroll to Allow Payments on Mac Toggle.
On Apple Watch: My Watch Tab > Wallet & Apple Pay > Allow Payments on Mac toggle.
- Relogin your Apple ID account on Mac. and Check that Entered Apple pay Details are correct and Up-to-date. Apple Logo > System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay > Select Default Card, Billing Address, and more.
- Also ask your Bank, Added Card is valid for use with Apple Pay.