Table of Contents Show
- Potential clues to fix Apple Pencil not working on iPad Pro after iOS update
- Clue #1. Make sure the Apple Pencil Tip is Tighten
- Clue #2. Make confirm Apple Pencil Battery is Charged
- Clue #3. Is Your Apple Pencil Generation Compatible with your iPad Model?
- Clue #4. Reboot your iPad Pro
- Clue #5. Make Bluetooth Pair Again
- Clue #6. Airplane Mode should turn off
- Clue #7. Apple Pencil can’t pair with iPad Pro after iOS update
- Q&A 8: Apple Pencil Not Working While Charging. Can I Use it?
- Fix 9: Apple Pencil isn’t Working with Procreate, Goodnotes, or Notability
- Fix 10: Apple Pencil Warranty Check Online & Get Repair or Replace
- Clue #11. Contact Apple Care
Know this ultimate guide for fixing Apple pencil not working on iPad Pro. Apple Pencil, it’s a digital stylus that works for iPad Pro, Apple pencil let you draw as well useful for note-taking and writing on iPad Pro. There is not hard to use because it works with precision pressure sensitivity, low latency to enable smooth inking and angle detection. Also, the inside has a multi-touch technology, so it quickly detects force and depends on the drawing apps for iPad Pro.
You want to sketch new life into your favorite apps on iPad Pro but if you are having an issue the Apple pencil not working then what you should do. Here, we offer you several potential workarounds, which will become helpful while Apple pencil is not responding or Apple pencil won’t work on iPad Pro. Many users are shouting that the Apple pencil is not functioning on the notes app or not working with the Procreate. So let go ahead and try to resolve the Apple pencil unresponsive after the iOS 15.5 update.
Update: Apple’s 2nd generation Apple Pencil is available in the marketplace. Here you can get Apple Pencil 2 compatible Devices. Also, get here what is new in Apple Pencil 2 that’s not featured Apple Pencil 1st generation.
Potential clues to fix Apple Pencil not working on iPad Pro after iOS update
The Apple pencil collaborates with that iOS app which is designed for iPad Pro and compatible with Apple pen-like Notes, Mail app, Paper by FiftyThree, Adobe Comp CC, with Pixelmator, with procreate, and with PDF Expert. Therefore, before following these steps you at least you must the app is compatibles with Apple Pencil.
Clue #1. Make sure the Apple Pencil Tip is Tighten
Apple Pencil shipping with the off tip. So make sure the tip is on, and it is tightened (screw on) cause a tighten tip can take your Apple Pencil is in working mode. Please don’t apply too much pressure.
If this way worked for you then get back on work, otherwise, go next to fix the Apple pencil not working matter.
Clue #2. Make confirm Apple Pencil Battery is Charged
The battery to the pencil is charged, You can make sure that the Apple pencil is charged. Open up Notification Center (Pull down from the screen) and check under the batteries widget. If you have run out of battery, then charge a pencil and then start. Here’s the solution why is your iPad Not Showing Percentage for Apple Pencil Battery under the widget.
The pencil is charged, however, it won’t work on your iPad pro then keep continue.
Clue #3. Is Your Apple Pencil Generation Compatible with your iPad Model?
Check Your Apple Pencil is compatible with your New or Old iPad Model. Apple Restrict from using the Latest Apple Pencil 2nd Generation model to the Latest iPad Pro Models only, Follow the below list, or Check Apple’s Announcement about Apple Pencil compatible iPad models (Know Which iPad Model you have? Setting app on iPad > General > About > Device Name).
Apple Pencil (2nd generation)
You can use Apple Pencil (2nd generation) with these iPad models:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) and later
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) and later
Apple Pencil (1st generation)
You can use Apple Pencil (1st generation) with these iPad models:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st or 2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
Clue #4. Reboot your iPad Pro
Reboot iPad Pro works most of when your Apple Pencil Pairing unsuccessful or Apple Pencil pairing took too long.
This maybe work for many who are stuck on the screen. So reboot your iPad Pro once and get it working again.
- Home Button iPad: Press and Hold the Home button and Power button until you see a black screen after the apple logo. That’s it.
- No Home Button iPad – Full Screen: Quickly Press and Release the Volume Up button, and Volume Down button of your iPad one by one, Now only Press and Hold on Power Button until you see the Black screen after the apple logo on the iPad. That’s it.
Get here how to reboot Apple iPad Pro.
Apple’s first Generation Face ID model has a different method to rebooting, you can get here more detail on how to reboot Face ID iPad Pro?
Clue #5. Make Bluetooth Pair Again
if your Apple Pencil Won’t Stay Paired then Make Bluetooth turn off on iPad Pro then turn on again and Repair Bluetooth with Apple Pencil again. And make confirmed the pencil is connected. Hope this would be work for you. Here are Multiple Ways to turn on Bluetooth iOS
Clue #6. Airplane Mode should turn off
Check out your iPad Pro is not under Airplane Mode. Pull up the control center from the screen and check out Airplane mode is off. in iOS 14/iPadOS, the trick to Access Control Center in iOS,
- Way 1: Open Settings app > the First Option is Airplane Mode, Turn off the toggle to grey.
- Way 2: From the iPad Control Center, Pull down your finger from the top-right edge of the iPad screen. Now, Touch and Hold on the network card, To See Airplane icon, and must be turned off.
After tried above all workarounds, however, you get the same issue, then please follow the last clue.
Clue #7. Apple Pencil can’t pair with iPad Pro after iOS update
If your Apple Pencil is not connecting to iPad Pro or take to pairing too much time after the iOS update and you’re planning to bring it to the purchased store then please at least try our following guide.
- Open up Settings App on your iPad Pro
- → Tap Bluetooth (needed turning Bluetooth ON/Green)
- → under ‘’My Device ‘’ tap on the (i) icon next to the ‘’Apple Pencil’’
- → Next, tap on ‘forget this device.’
- Then Pair your Apple pencil to your iPad Pro again.
We hope this tip will be fixed your Apple Pencil issues.
Q&A 8: Apple Pencil Not Working While Charging. Can I Use it?
Officially we Can’t use Your Apple Pencil While Charging, This Feature comes with your Apple Pencil, Apple Stop & Disable Apple Pencil while it’s on charge Either Connected with iPad using Lightning cable or Power Adapter. So, you can charge quickly Via these Apple Pencil Charging Cable or Use Apple Pencil Charging Dock.
Fix 9: Apple Pencil isn’t Working with Procreate, Goodnotes, or Notability
People are widely using Apple Pencil with notes, and Drowning apps on iPad Pro. So You have to diagnose the problem with a test with some other parallel app installed on your iPhone and follow the below troubleshooting that most apps developers are recommending.
- Your App’s Canvas color and Drowning color should be different, and Your Stylus Size must not set to Zero.
- Your iPad’s Zoom Accessibility settings must be turned off. Settings app > Acessebility > Zoom > Turn off Zoom Toggle setting.
- Know the Left Battery on Apple Pencil from the Battery Widget. Here’s Battery Widget missing on iPad.
- Unpair and Re-Pair Your Apple Pencil with iPad from iPad Bluetooth Settings. Settings app on iPad > Bluetooth > Tap on (i) button next to Apple Pencil name > Forgot this device > That’s it. Now Pair Again.
- Save your Work, Relaunch your App on your iPad.
You can also try this Apple Pencil Alternative, which is supporting Apple iPad Pro 12.9’’ also other iPad models as well, and Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inches.
Fix 10: Apple Pencil Warranty Check Online & Get Repair or Replace
The ideal solution is also working for faulty Apple Pencil From Apple, You can check the Warranty coverage and Purchase Date online using your Apple Pencil serial number. Find out the Serial number from Purchase Receipts, Packaging Box, or From your Apple Pencil Body (Apple Pencil 2- Unscrew the Tip and Look inside to get the Serial number of Apple Pencil). Visit this Website online: checkcoverage.apple.com If your Apple Pencil purchase date is valid, Then Get a Free diagnosis at the nearby apple store.
Clue #11. Contact Apple Care
Apple provides customer service for that if the products customers buy are not perfect. And If they think, he/she got a faulty Apple Pencil. You can take it to an Apple Retail Store for further troubleshooting or exchange. Book a Schedule your Appointment online.
As an alternative, you can get support through the telephone. You should call AppleCare at 1-800-MY-APPLE for mail-in repair or replacement. If you’re from Washington DC, then get more details here.
I hope the guide helps you handy. Please let’s send your feedback to us in the below comment box and tell you about which way it worked in your case to get rid of Apple Pencil not working on iPad Pro after the software update. Share your response on Facebook, and Twitter.
My pencil tip was loose. Thanks for the help.