Last Updated on Jul 7, 2020
We have some important troubleshooting tips that fix iPhone XR cellular connectivity issues. Or having issues on use Mobile data on iPhone with slow speed internet or iPhone XR not connecting to cellular data mostly affected device. Most of the people are aware of the issues and solutions for that from online forums or support pages. But not help from anywhere, you first read the below points first, Skip points that you have done to fix for Apple iPhone XR mobile data that’s not working.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
- Update Network Settings
- Turn off & Turn on Cellular Data from Settings and VoLTE as well (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Toggle off/On). next Turn off and Turn on VoLTE Data (Settings > Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data options->Voice & Data->LTE, VoLTE Off and VoLTE On toggle)
- Reset Network Setting
- Hard Reboot your iPhone XR to that is an answer to how do I fix cellular data on my iPhone XR?
- Check for iPhone XR system firmware Update
- Contact Carrier company: Check account status, it might be overdue or stuck on document validation.
- Weak signal, Slow internet: or Internet is dropping on Cellular Data connection Stop auto backup in iCloud. Settings app > Tap Profile name > Click iCloud > iCloud Backup > Off.
- Jail Broken Devices
- Restore iPhone to Factory Reset, Three ways to Erase iPhone XR to Factory settings, Erase all the Data and Settings from iPhone, Restore using iTunes, Force Restore after put iPhone into recovery mode. [Backup your iPhone on iTunes Before Erase iPhone]
- My iPhone XR Could Not Activate Cellular Data network
- Cellular Data Can’t turn for Some apps; Mobile data is dibbled for the app-specific, Check inside settings app on iPhone > Cellular Data or mobile data > Scroll down and find app name “Turn the toggle on to use mobile data for the app“.
Why is my iPhone XR not connecting to cellular data? Fix Your Phone data problem quickly
Video guide to fix Why is my cellular data not working on iPhone XR?
1. Update Network Settings
Mostly old iPhone network settings can create a problem like iPhone XR cellular data issues, if you are outside your country, you switched to another carrier, might be you have not compatible carrier settings when you come back to the local network.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Next, Tap on General
- Now scroll down the screen and tap on Carrier.
- In any network settings available for you, then a popup will appear on your Phone screen.
- Click on Update to start the process. and try to connect your iPhone XR to mobile data. I hope this will fix issues.
Also, Check that your VoTE should be turned on and Not should to be stuck inside the settings. For that fix,
- Go to the Settings app
- Tap Cellular
- Click on Cellular Data Toggle off/On the toggle to green.
- tap Enable LTE
Or go with the bottom steps:
- Open Settings App
- Click on Mobile Data
- Now tap Enable LTE
2. Turn Airplane mode or Reset Network settings
After Turn on/ Off Airplane mode, the Network will be reconfigured with your iPhone. Might be issued will be resolved after that.
Or Try Reset network settings,
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone
- Tap General
- Scroll down the screen till the end and tap Reset.
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings”.
3. Hard Reboot your iPhone XR
How do I fix my iPhone XR LTE? or are your Phone XR is not connecting to LTE? Please follow the hard reset steps mentioned below to resolve your iPhone XR cellular data issues.
Read my instructions on how do you force restart an iPhone XR?
- Quickly press and release the volume up button,
- Now, Quickly Press and release the volume down button.
- Now, Only press and Hold side button until your iPhone XR screen goes completely black screen. And after that, your iPhone XR mobile will start automatically with the Apple logo screen. if it iPhone XR won’t turn on then you should use the side button to turn it on.
Slow Internet speed on Mobile Date: Check out how to set a limit mobile data on iPhone XR.
4: Check for latest firmware Update
This workaround will help you to fix for Apple iPhone XR mobile data that’s not working. Apple releases a small update for the affected device like this all the time. If this is a real bug in iOS, you will get fixed after iOS update your iPhone.
Go with my recommended steps; for this, your device must be connected to the Wi-Fi network [because of the tech brand Apple doesn’t Allow software update Apple iOS/ipadOS device with mobile data].
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap General
- Click on Software Update. [latest available firmware is iOS 13.6 and iOS 14 beta or later]
- Check for update, Download, and install.
5. Contact Carrier Company
Cellular Connection is stopped by your Carrier. There are too many reasons like Your Bill is overdue, Outdated, Over the Limit and You need to renew your Cellular Data plan.
- Just ask the company on a Tall free number, what are the reasons.
- During journey time your mobile signal will weak. So
- Weak Signal on Travel time mostly Drop the internet connection or slow down. Be patient and wait until a single boost.
6. Device JailBroken and Third-Party app is the issue
Unjailbreak your Device or Remove unused app that running in Background or open.
#7. SIM Damaged, Not Fix on SIM tray
At least check SIM installed properly. Use the SIM eject tool and setup sim. In the case of SIM Damage, You can request a new SIM to Carrier company.
#8. no cellular option on iPhone XR
if you facing like no cellular option on iPhone XR, don’t bother, Just click on this link (no cellular option on iPhone XR) to get the complete guide to getting the LTE option back on your iPhone XR.
#9. Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
The Erase all the Data and Settings using iTunes. Connect your iPhone to iTunes on Mac or PC.
The problem is too old and nothing helps then try to install New Update iOS on the iPhone. Restore procedure is the best way to short out serious issues like Network issues, Freezing, and Software glitch the heating up and more. Let’s begin. macOS Catalina or Later user on Mac can use Finder for Backup and Restore iOS/iPadOS. Earlier Mac users and Windows users can use iTunes for Update and Restore iPhone/iPad.
- Open Finder/iTunes on Mac/PC. Connect your iPhone/iPad Using a Lightning cable and unlock with a passcode. Your device will appear on Finder/iTunes.
- Click on Device icon > Device Summary.
- On Device Summary > Find out the “iPhone Restore” button. Click on it. First, iTunes Erase the device, Download the latest Firmware, and install it.
- Wait for the time until you see a new iPhone setup screen.
Don’t be panic during installation time, the iPhone will reboot several times.
if you looking for how can I increase my mobile signal strength on iPhone XR? you should try these best ideas to boost mobile signal strength on iPhone XR.
Premium Support is Free Now
Still no in help from all the above fixes, I recommend visiting the Apple store or book appointment online. that can aware of you, what are the issues are rolling out from the official desk. Also, get free 1 Year Device replacement and Repair advantage from apple.