Table of Contents Show
Is your Mac enable with screen time restrictions? Want to Reset or Change Screen time passcode, on M1 Mac or Intel Mac, Macbook. Here are the easy steps to Forgot Screen Time Passcode on Mac without Erase Data, That’s running on any MacOS Version. Due to Screen Time Restriction, “Apple ID Sign out Greyed” and “Won’t open the restricted apps” or “Unable to open Web content in safari“.
Let’s Fix your Problem using the below steps and get Troubleshooting if it’s not working for you.
Step to Change, Forgot Screen Time Passcode on Mac
- Go to the Apple logo from the top Mac menu. > Click on the System Preferences option.
- Click on Screen Time.
- Now, Click on Options > Change Passcode next to Use Screen Time Passcode. This option is helpful in Use a passcode to secure Time Settings and allow for more time when limits are Expired. [Change Kid’s Account Screen Time Passcode, Select Account from Dropdown mene]
- On Popup, Select Forgot Passcode? Link.
- Next, your Mac asks to Enter your Apple ID and password sign in with your Mac.
- After Successfully login in, your Mac will ask to enter New Screen Time Passcode.
- That’s it. Now, use the new screen time passcode on Mac to turn it off. Tested and it works.
- See the Confirm screen time turn off.
- That’s it.
Now as parental access, We can manage a Family sharing account or Kid’s account.
How to Check Screen Time Passcode on Child’s Account or Family Shared Account?
If you want to Change or Forgot Screen Time Passcode of your Child’s Account then, Select Your Child Name from the Dropdown and Select the Change Passcode option for your Child’s account under Family sharing.
Why My Mac Not Showing Change Screen Time Passcode Option?
To get the option to change screen Time passcode settings, your MacOS Version must be macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or later. Know which macOS Installed on Mac if you installed the latest macOS [Apple Logo > About This Mac > MacOS Version].
Still, are not able to forget or use this option, then follow the below troubleshooting steps [in step 5].
Several mac users reported these Mac wouldn’t accept new Screen Time Passcode after change using the Above steps. Or Taking time in the process to Verify screen time.
- Check the Internet connection. Search Something on Safari internet browser.
- Turn off or Uninstall VPN if you are using it on Mac.
- Restart your Mac and Try Again. [Apple Logo from top Mac Menu > Restart]
- Turn on in Safe Mode Mac and Check.
- Change Passcode Option is Disabled or Not Selected to Use in Future [Like Below picture]
- Change Passcode option is used for backup of your Screen Time passcode while forgot. If you haven’t enabled then, Erase your Mac data is the only option. > 1) Backup your Mac Data in Time Machine, 2) Reinstall MacOS, 3) Restore Time Machine Backup.
- Contact Apple Support: Still, you cannot change the screen time passcode, then Contact Apple Support and Book an Appointment at the Apple Genius bar online.
Note: If you have shared Across device turned on, then your Screen time passcode change for all devices enabled screen time. That might be your iPhone, iPad, iPad, and iPod Touch. Here’s a tutorial on how to Forgot Screen Time passcode on iPhone or iPad.
How to Forgot or Remove Screen Time Passcode on Older MacOS Version
Apple Doesn’t allow users to Change Screen Time who is running macOS High Sierra or older MacOS.
Those mac users have to Erase the Mac After Backup Mac Data in Time Machine and Reinstall the new MacOS on Mac, then Restore Backup [From Old Backup taken Using Time Machine on External drive.] to Remove the Screen time restriction with forgot or change the passcode from Mac system preferences settings.
Still, are you confused about what I should do to remove or Change Forgot Screen time passcode without Delete Data from M1 or intel Mac or Macbook, then comment to me?