Table of Contents Show
- Steps for Increase/Change Font Size on Mac, MacBook
- How to Change Menu Bar Font Size big?
- Make Everything Big on Mac: Change Resolution
- What is the keyboard shortcut to increase font size on Mac?
- How Do I increase Font size in Safari?
- How Do I increase Font size in Chrome?
- How do I Make the Font Bigger on My Mac Email?
- Change font Sizes Within the Fonts Window on Mac
- Where is the Font Dialog box Launcher in Word for Mac?
- How do I increase character spacing in Word for Mac?
- How do I Change the Default font in Excel for Mac?
- How do I increase font size in Mac Finder?
- How Do I Change the Default font in Notes on Mac & MacBook?
- How Do I Change the Default font Size on Messages Mac?
- How to make menu bar bigger on Mac?
Customization of Font on today’s smart gadget is required to make it the user’s friendly. in to that MacOS users can also change or increase default font size at any level and feel comfortable for long time work on office or home macOS system.
are you feeling the system font size and app font size is too small on big screen iMac or MacBook Pro/Air? here are the solutions and tips to change system font size and App’s font size like mail app, Messages app, Safari alternatives Browsers, and more. Let’s check out the steps to make it changes.
Steps for Increase/Change Font Size on Mac, MacBook
How to Change Menu Bar Font Size big?
Top Menu on mac looks too small on a big iMac screen or Your Macbook Pro/Air computer. we can adjust from the macOS accessibility settings.
- Click on the Apple logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences.
When you clock the windows or go back to another option, your Mac will ask for Log out now. Click on it and enjoy the changes.
Make Everything Big on Mac: Change Resolution
This option enlarges everything and makes it more visible if you are using such a big screen, like 27-inch iMac or an External Desktop screen. Users personally like this option and keep all the things big, System fonts, Top Menu bar, and app icon on dock and Launchpad screen.
Note: Also we can change increase font size without changing resolution on Mac or Macbook, In the next steps we will see how to change font size and apply it to Different apps running on Mac.
- Click on the Apple logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences.
Select Scaled, and Change the Resolution with Font Size,
Using this option your all-installed program called automatically with the new resolution and you can read and see more comfortably. this will help full in longer work and low eye strain. Night Shift mode Mac is also a prevention technique to reduce eye strain & stress.
You don’t like all the app or selected app showing too much big, then you can follow the custom customization at the app level that I will see you in the next.
How Can Mac increase Font Size External Monitor?
That means, your Mac or Macbook Connected with External Display. want to Enlarge the Font size of the External Monitor. Then Head over the apple logo from the top Mac Menu > System Preferences > Display > Here in this window you should see both Displays settings.
- Go with that and Change it.
What is the keyboard shortcut to increase font size on Mac?
- For Mac Documents or App Use: Command-Plus(+) to Increase font size and Use Command-Minus(-) to Decrease font size.
- Use Command-T For Open Font Dialog box to apply New Text size and Style for such apps like Pages, Numbers, MS Word or Excel, Notes and Mail app, and more…
How Do I increase Font size in Safari?
Page Zoom on Safari Browser
if the font size on the safari web page looks too small or big then we can adjust it from the safari preferences settings. in this case, we have to change and set the default page zoom level in percentage. after that we can also set a page zoom level for the individual website.
Extre bonus is the, without system preference we can increase the font size from the top Tab or Keyboard shortcut as well.
- Open Safari on Mac > Safari frop Top Menu > Preferecnes.
On your Safari website tools, click on Big ‘A’ to enlarge the page and Click on Small ‘a’ to make it small. if you are not seeing this option on your Safari browser, then customize the Safari toolbar, Right-click on the Safari toolbar, > Customize toolbar.
- Use Keyboard Shortcut “Command and +(Plus)” for Zoom in and “Command And – (Minus)” to Zoom out.
in the same Third-Party Browser also support app-level customization.
How Do I increase Font size in Chrome?
For Google Chrome on Mac: Click on More option at top right corner of the browser > Settings > Appearance > Page Zoom [Set Default page size].
Or Use, Keyboard Shortcuts: “Command and +(Plus)” for Zoom in and “Command And – (Minus)” to Zoom out
How do I Make the Font Bigger on My Mac Email?
Email app also allows users to change end level customization for font, Fixed Width font During composing new Email, View Email or Email Message List, Message Font. Also Able to change while type an Email using the Font Format tool.
- Open Mail App on Mac > Click on Preferences..
- Change Font Style and size during compose a new email, click on the Font Format tool and Select the text that you want to resize or apply changes to it. Apply Different font style, Size, and Color.
Change font Sizes Within the Fonts Window on Mac
MacOS Support Formation in font size for all types of iWork like Textedit, Pages, Number, and Keynote.
we can use font format within a font tool or From the top Menu.
- Open the Document, Click on Formate from top Mac Menu > Font > Show Font.
Select Font Family, Typeface, and Font size.
Where is the Font Dialog box Launcher in Word for Mac?
The font on Documents like MS office’s word has amazing font customization to prepare our document eye caching. if you looking for the Font Dialog box on the word has an extra advantage, and that’s we can see a preview of text before start writing content, later, or Business documents.
- Open Word on your Mac, Use Bank document, or Use Existing Word document.
- Next, From the top Menu, Format > Font or Use “Command + D” from Keyboard Shortcut.
under the Advance tab, Select Character spacing, Advanced Typography, and Preview in last.
How do I increase character spacing in Word for Mac?
- Open Word on Mac > From top Menu Font > Format or Select Text then Command + D, Now Go under the Advanced Tab and Adjust Font Spacing from the dropdown [Normal, Expanded & Condensed] or apply custom space with a pixel. See my screen,
How do I Change the Default font in Excel for Mac?
Just like Office Word on Mac, users can customize the Default font format on Excel, Using a different method.
- From the top Mac menu, Format > Style > Select “Font” Style Property > Clock on Format.. from a bottom button on the same popup window > Select Font Tab and Change Default font style, by Apply your Custom Font style for the whole Excel file.
How do I increase font size in Mac Finder?
Customization for the Saperate finder window is possible on mac. So we can change the layout or View of Folders in a specific Finder window or On Desktop. Change the font size of the Folder name, Folder icon size, and Grid Spacing. Also, Change the label position.
- Right Click on the Finder window and select “Show View Options“.
How Do I Change the Default font in Notes on Mac & MacBook?
Just like other apps on Mac, We can change the Default font size on the Mac notes app. Let’s change it from the notes preferences settings.
- Open notes app on Mac, From top Mac Menu,> Notes > Preferences.
That’s it. This setting applied to all saved notes.
How Do I Change the Default font Size on Messages Mac?
Enlarge font size of messages app is more readable and easy to send a message as well on Big screen Mac. Follow the below steps for customizing font size on mac.
- Open Messages app on Mac, From top Mac Menu, Messages > Preferences > and Enlarge font size.
Mac users can manage Font Size and Folder size for the finder
That’s the common practice to change the font size on mac document app. if you are looking to know more about font customization then comment to me.
How to make menu bar bigger on Mac?
How to enlarge menu bar on MacBook Pro? If you find Mac App Icons or Mac Menu small in the current scenario, then enlarging Mac Menu takes few seconds. All you have to do is change the Mac Screen resolution to lower, and the Mac menu will look bigger.
- Open Finder on Mac.
- Click on the Apple logo and select System Preferences.
- Select Displays.
- Make sure the Display tab is selected.
- There choose Scaled next to Resolution.
- From the list of available screen resolutions, choose Low Screen Resolution.
You can try different screen resolutions until you don’t satisfied with the Mac Menu size.