Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
After they added all possible stuff in macOS. Apple macOS brought Siri integration. Since now Siri is a new multitasking feature for Mac users and it’s a flagship one among all new features of the latest macOS. So obviously, all Mac users are not familiar with how to use Siri on Mac and why Siri does not work after the update? I mean if you’re the one having an issue for talk to Siri not working on macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, Mojave, Sierra, macOS High Sierra? So we have a list of troubleshooting that will guide you on how to do fix speak to Siri issue on Mac easily.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Please Note: To Activate Siri on Mac – Requires a broadband Internet connection and microphone (built-in or external).
Solution Siri not working on macOS on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini
By default Siri icon ships on Dock after the Finder icon and top Menu bar of your Mac laptop (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and MacBook) and iMac desktop. You can also create a shortcut key to talk to Siri on Mac. Even though, still read here given fixes. Before get started provided steps, you must check out the internet connection on your Mac device.
Solution One: Siri & Hey Siri Required Internet Connection
Check your Mac network connections. Siri is not an offline tool, So we need a good internet connection via WAN or WiFi network. Check the Internet is turned on from the browser.
Check by: On the Top menubar,> Click on Wi-Fi > once do, Turn off and turn On Wi-Fi again, it does resolve the problem, in case of Wi-Fi network conflict issues. you can also test the internet by searching on the web browser for example on Safari and open Google.
On Your Mac, Wi-Fi is working in a good manner, however, your Mac Siri not responding then jump on the next workaround in sequence.
Fix 1. Is your Mac System has the latest macOS? – Check out here
Know Current Installed macOS: Click on the Apple logo on the top menu bar – select About This Mac [Overview Tab see full details about your Mac].
Available update, If any. You must update it. After the update completed, try again to wake up Siri, if Siri issue persists on Mac though continue following steps. I hope that would be clear about your disappointing problem.
Check for new Software updates on your Mac
Apple Seed new MacOS update an on particular time interval with new improved features and bug fix. New Updates always optimize your Mac performance that quickly opens Siri.
The latest Update for Mac Users running is macOS Catalina.
- Step #1: Go to Apple Logo from the Top menu bar on Mac.
- Step #2: Select System Preferences…
- Step #3: Next, click on the Software Update option.
- Restart Required before starting the update, please save your work or use handoff continuity features.
Solution Two. Make sure that Siri is Enable on your Apple Mac
- On macOS Sierra or later Macs,
- Go to Apple () menu
- > Choose System Preferences,
- click Siri, then make sure that Enable Ask Siri is selected.
Also, you can also see in Siri Pane like Language, Siri Voice, Mic Input, etc. please set all options in the correct manner. (in below picture you can see enable/ disable Siri on Macbook)
Siri is fully turn on, try to uncheck and check Siri setting, luckily it will wake up on your next talk. Siri is already On position, but she is not ready to communicate with you then there are possible solutions mention below.
Solution three: Siri not available in Settings preferences
You guys, on your Mac, there is not Siri option, you should check that personal assistance Siri is available in your country or region. here’s which countries and regions on iOS and Mac.
Solution Four: Check out that restrictions aren’t Set On position for Siri
Now, We can enable the restrictions for Siri on macOS on MacBook, Mac. Follow the below steps for Turn off the Restrictions for macOS on MacBook, Mac.
- Click on Apple Logo from top Mac Menu. And Click on the System Preferences option.
- Next, Click on Screen Time,
- Select the Content & Privacy settings. Enable Siri & Dictation checkbox.
- That’s it. if Restriction is enabled for Siri & Dictation under the Content & Privacy Restrictions, you will see the below screen,
On macOS Sierra or later,
- Go to Apple (Logo) menu
- Select System Preferences
- Click on Parental Controls
- Other and make sure that Turn off Siri & Dictation isn’t selected.
if the restriction is on for Siri, then you can’t turn on Siri on your Mac.
Solution Five: If Mac Siri doesn’t hear you correctly or doesn’t respond when you ask a question, make sure your microphones of your Mac are working:
To Check your Apple Mac microphones follow the bottom steps”
- On your Mac, go to Apple (Logo) menu
- Select System Preferences
- Choose Sound
- Click on Input and select a Mic and check the input levels.
- And test your Apple Mac Mic. if Mic is broken then Siri Will not work until you fix your Apple laptop or Mac Mic.
Read more: Our free guide will help you to resolve Common microphone issues on Apple Mac.
Solution Six: If Siri doesn’t speak responses on Your Mac
Sometimes Siri might not respond verbally if your Mac sound is muted or Voice Feedback is disabled.
While you’re on the Siri screen on Mac, then try to increase the volume level of your Mac. Then check your Voice Feedback settings:
- On your Mac, go to Apple (Logo) on Top menubar
- Select System Preferences
- Click on Siri
- On the screen, make sure that Voice Feedback is on.
Solution Seven: Delete Notification Center Plist File and Restart your Mac
Apparently, maybe your notification center process is disabled for some reason, I’ve enabled it via terminal by typing:
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.notificationcenterui.plist
After that, I disabled and enabled Siri via the settings menu, and it seems to be working now.
None of the above ways worked in your case, though please restart your Mac and try again to Activate Siri. Hope now talk to Siri helps you get things done, just by asking, Find files on your Mac, check the weather, Detect a note and more.
Solution Eight: Clean Install macOS
None of the above solutions work for your Mac, there is two last option first is clean install macOS and second is you should take help of Apple Support. Thanks for reading to us!!
Get more Here: How to Clean Install macOS Catalina 10.15
Found helpful? please reply to the comment below.
Are you looking for using Siri on Mac? Below Reasons
- Enable Hey Siri on Mac – Activate Siri using voice command on Mac
- Enable Type to Siri on Mac, macOS High Sierra – Siri not answering correctly or unable to understand your voice speak tone or language then use Type to Siri inlace for voice feature.
- Enable Type to Siri on iPhone