Last Updated on Nov 20, 2020
Predictive text is very useful that your device learns user behavior and help type very fast by simply tap on word coming in three sample words. Some users are disappointed with apple change predictive text options in the iOS keyboard. “Predictive text on keyboard disappeared” or “doesn’t need or hide predictive text bar”. Try below alternate options for Turn on/ Disable predictive text on iPhone 7 Plus or iPhone 7, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5S running on iOS.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Turn off the predictive text is right decision logically, Small screen size devices (iPhone 5S, iPhone SE) users can correctly use screen space by hiding it temporarily or not in use. Keep your iPhone updated with the latest iOS version. (Settings > General > Software Update > Download & Install latest Update).
Steps for Enable/ Disable Predictive text on iPhone and Auto-Correction
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone/ iPad.
- Next, Tap on General.
- Then, Under General scroll down and tap on Keyboard.
- At last of the screen tap Disable Predictive toggle. The instant update will show on your Keyboard.
- Auto-Correction and Auto-Capitalization settings are also Under Keyboards settings. So we can disable it from these settings.
Enable this toggle, Text prediction again re-appeared on the keyboard screen.
Enable/ Disable Predictive text on iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7 using Shortcut toggle
For easy to access or control of this option, you will find shortcut toggle on keyboard.
- Press and Hold glob icon button from keyboard,
- Move your finger on the Predictive option, Disable toggle (Hide text prediction bar) – Keyboard Settings.
Repeat simple steps for re-enabling words prediction instantly from the keyboard.
Text Prediction mostly supports on all social chat and messaging app like WhatsApp, Facebook, Line or Instagram, Mail app. But some select text field area (Mail app to, from mail address field) it will automatically hide and we can’t enable it forcefully.
Predictive Emoji in iOS is too much improved. emoji will replace your word with emotions in text. So once you disable Predictive text on iPhone 7 Plus/ iPhone 7/6(Plus), emoji prediction automatically hide.