Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Why is Face ID not working on my iPhone is the biggest issue that disables the primary functionality of your iPhone? although apple is giving a Passcode screen for the wrong face ID attempt but not the solution to use iPhone X easily. Face ID is a Quick authentication & security system for all privacy. Apple build strong lock now works with third-party apps in the darkroom, Mack up and more situations are getting screen “Enter Passcode Your Passcode is required to enable Face ID” for Face ID not working on iPhone X or later.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
To get rid of this problem users have left Face ID and disabling Face ID and use Passcode on the lock screen and other many places. Don’t be panic; let’s try to fix Face ID issues on iPhone.
Note: After Screen Replacement, you need to check Face ID on the first test. Because the repairer needs to change the connection and setup for Face Detection front camera.
Face ID Not Working on iPhone – Different Solution That Really Worked For Verified iPhone User
- Note: To use Face ID on iPhone and iPad Pro, We have completed our Face ID setup on iPhone/iPad. If not Setup yet Go to the Settings app on iPhone/iPad > Face ID & Passcode > Setup Face ID [If Face ID is removed or not setup on new iPhone]
- Full Body Cover or Screen Protector accumulate smudges that over any of the cameras? Clean up the Face ID sensor and Try to fix it.
- After Update iOS version some iPhone users helped him to fix the FaceID issues.
- Go to Apple Support center and ran diagnostics they replaced it free of charge.
- Hard Reboot iPhone getting me out stuck Face ID.
- Users Experience:
- Had the exact same thing happen to me. When I tried to reset face id it wouldn’t let me. Apple replaced it with a new one under warranty. replace the phone with a new unit. Book an Appointment at apple Genius bar.
- I just got back from the Genius Bar. Ran diagnostics, the hardware checked out just fine. Wiped the phone completely and restored from iCloud, it’s all working just fine again.
- More Solutions are just below,
After the iOS 14 update Face ID not recognizing my face and showing an error ‘move the iPhone a little higher/lower’.
This is an issue in iOS 14, for that new software update iOS 14.0.1 available so try to check for update and install the latest version to fix an issue. if the problem persists then follow my this tutorial.
#1 Make Sure Face ID is enabled for Unlock, iTunes & App Store, Apple Pay.
Face ID settings for Different use often forget by iPhone users that’s the reason why you are unable to use Face ID for unlocking. Here are the settings for Face ID. Go to the Settings app > Face ID & Passcode > Under Use FACE ID FOR section, Enable it for Unlock iPhone, iTunes & App Store, Auto Fill Password on Safari, Third-Party Apps that use your Face ID for unlocking the device [Banking and Other apps mostly use Face ID].
#2- Restart or Reboot iPhone X or later
if you are enduring a popup message “Face ID is not Available, Try Setting up Face ID later” and alert after continuously trying to scan your Face.
To Hard Reboot: Quickly press and release the volume up and down button one by one, now only press and hold the Side button of the iPhone until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Turn on using the side button press once.
To Restart: Press and hold the side button only until you see the “Slide to power off” screen.
#3- Reset Face ID to repair Face ID Stopped Working
Erase all Face ID settings from your iPhone, Go to the Settings app on iPhone > Face ID & Passcode [Enter Passcode] > Scroll Down and Tap on “Reset Face ID“.
Also, Check Face ID Attention settings,
Enable toggle for “Require Attention for Face ID“.
And Enable toggle “Attention Aware Features“.
#4- Keep the ideal distance between the face and iPhone X
Facial reorganization works under distance conditions, otherwise, Face ID detection failed automatically. Keep away 25 to 50 CM away from your Face.
Face ID Disabled! These are the Reasons
- iPhone has not been unlocked for the last 48 hours.
- iPhone is just turned on, restarted, or rebooted.
- Remote lock command is given to the device
- Find unsuccessful attempts to match a face.
#5- Keep your Face only in the scanning area
Make sure no face around you while you authenticate Face ID. You are in the public area or shopping mall & Store.
#6- Face ID won’t work with App Store, Apple Pay, and iPhone Unlock
We can Disable/Enable Face ID for App Store app download, Apple Pay and iPhone unlock. Enable Settings for Face ID,
Go to the Settings app on iPhone > Face ID & Passcode > Enable Face ID for different services on iPhone.
#7- Clean the Camera portion of the iPhone
Clean your iPhone’s camera using Wet Cloth. (iPhone X is water resistance so we can do it) and remove oily chemical, Dust from the camera.
#8- Face ID camera Damaged
This is a serious case that you never try to fix yourself because apple added too many cameras & sensors at a small iPhone notch area. Contact online Apple support via Phone call, Chat, and Online Helping Tutorial or nearest apple store to get help from the Genius bar under the right information and issues. We strongly recommend to diagnose your new iPhone or under warranty iPhone/iPad Pro at the Apple support center. or Book an appointment before you visit the apple store nearby you. Because hardware damage is under warranty in apple terms and conditions. I am sure you will get the best solution for your problem.
Note: Might be heavy ornaments, Jewelry, and Cap covering your Face. Remove it and identify this is the real problem or not.
#9- Remove Face ID and Add/Setup Face ID Again
The setup is too old and not saved your Face correctly. Remove old Faces and Add in a new setup.
- Go to the Settings on iPhone X.
- Next, Find Face ID & Passcode > Tap on Saved Face list > Delete Face
- Go back and Add New Face, Tap on “Enroll Face”.
- Go with a guide on screen, Setup a new iPhone Face ID.
in iOS 12, The company Apple.inc offers to Add Multiple Face ID on your iPhone X
#10- Choose Right Screen Protector
Normally Screen protector will not cover the front camera, Sensor, and Speaker. So choose the Best Screen protectors for iPhone X from a valuable manufacturer.
Are you trying on a new iPhone? Remove the thin plastic cover first.
Get more Fix on new Updates
The new iOS 14.0.1 the update comes with improvements and bug fix. Apple periodically releases a new software update, especially for most useful features.
- Go to the Settings app > General > Software Update, Tap on Download & Install.
#11- Reset all Settings help you to fix Face ID Stopped Working
Go to the Settings app on iPhone > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
This option will remove Face ID and other important settings.
Also, go with a third-party iPhone repair service near to you, you can call at your home, office, or any other address to get estimated damage value if your iPhone is not under warranty coverage. Check Apple iPhone Warranty status online.
Above all are the fix and Troubleshooting tips on how to fix Face ID can’t unlock iPhone and iPad Pro or Face ID not working on iPhone, sometimes.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏