Unlike the older model, Apple’s New iPhone has a Blue screen of death. A bunch of users complained across the community that when they use a certain application, the device automatically freezes (the device is bricked), and then shows a blue screen of death, and then restarts.
The primary reasons for an issue can be a faulty app, unstable updates, or iPhone screen blue after dropping. However, it could also be due to corrupted hardware. But don’t panic, as plenty of solutions can fix it. So go through the article and troubleshot the iPhone screen turning blue issues.
How to Fix iPhone Screen Turned Blue
Before we begin troubleshooting steps, let’s understand what the Blue screen on an iPhone means.
What Does The iPhone turn Blue Screen Mean?
Many of us have googled What Does it Mean when your iPhone Screen Turns Blue? Or what the blue screen on iPhone means. The answer is Blue screen of death, aka BSOD, along with colored pinwheels and spinning beach balls, are temporary bugs caused due to stops responding to your taps, software bug, or hardware issue.
Sometimes enabled true tone feature on your phone makes screen blue. According to me if your mobile screen turns blue. It occurred due to turned on True tone handles, an automatic adjustment to the ambient light condition.
Let’s follow the steps on your device to disable true tone to verify that turn tone bothers your phone screen or anything else.
Go to Settings > Tap Display & Brightness > Toggle “True Tone” off.
Solution 1. Charge Your iPhone To a Power Source
No matter which iOS device you have, but you can apply this way for any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Plugin your iPhone to a power source through a power adapter.
If you see a low battery warning screen when you plug-in. Let your iPhone charge for at least 10 minutes before using it. (If you have an iPad then keep plugin it for 20 minutes)
After this way, you see the same screen then you must have followed the below advice in sequence.
Restarting the iPhone is often an effective solution to fix minor in-app or software bugs. So let’s start with a fundamental solution to fix iPhone blue screen of death.
Restart iPhone With Face ID
- Press either the Volume Buttons and the Side Button until the Power-Off screen appears.
- Drag the Power-Off Slider, and then hold for at least 30 seconds until the device gets frozen.
- Once again, press the Side Key to turn on the device.
Restart iPhone With Home Button
- Long press the Side Button.
- Drag the power-off slider, and hold for 30 seconds until the device gets turned off.
- Now, press the Side Button to turn it back on.
Solution 2. Force Restart device to fix the blue screen issue
Even after restarting, iPhone won’t respond, then you must try to force restarting.
- Instantly press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Instantly press and release the Volume Down Button.
- Long press the Side Button. And let out the Side Button when you see Apple Logo.
Trick For iPhone 7(7 Plus), iPhone 6S(6S Plus)
- Press and hold the Volume down button and Side/Power button until you show a Black screen after the Apple logo.
iPhone 6(6 Plus)
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and Home button until you see a black screen after the apple logo.
Solution 3. Make Free up Space on device to fix iPhone blue screen
Your iPhone has no enough storage on your iPhone. Check it, on your Device from settings, Open Settings app on iPhone > General > iPhone Storage.
See Allotted space by installed apps, Media Files. We can quickly, Manage space by a tap on the app.
- You have enough space to install new apps or Use your iPhone normally.
Solution 4. Out-Dated Apps and iOS Software Version
Having outdated applications installed in the iPhone can cause various issues, including iPhone Blue screen of death, iPhone hanging & Freezing, Or Gets heating and Battery drain issue.. Therefore we recommend keeping the application updated. Follow the steps below.
- Access the App Store.
- Hit on the Profile Icon at the top of the screen.
- Swipe down to see all pending updates. Hit on the Update Button next to application. Or select Update All.
Unlike the Applications, outdated versions of iOS can result in iPhone Misbehaving. Here are the steps to update iPhone.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Click Download And Install.
Jot down the passcode, and select Agree. Lastly, tap Agree, and wait until the software downloading procedure finishes. And your issue will get fixed.
Uninstall Suspicious App
Have you encountered an iPhone Blue Screen of death after installing the application from the App Store? It has been found that unsupported or faulty applications can cause such issues. If this is the situation, delete the application.
- Long press the App Icon.
- Hit on Remove App.
- Select Delete App. For further confirmation, choose Delete.
Disable Pre Installed App
As of now and forever, Apple doesn’t allow iOS users to uninstall the pre-installed application. But ever since many users have encountered iPhone Blue screen of death while running multiple iWork applications, we suggest disabling them.
- Go to Settings App on iPhone.
- Tap Apple ID[Your Name].
- Select iCloud.
- Disable the toggle next pre-installed application.
How to Fix iPhone Blue Screen of Death without Data Loss
Solution 5. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
Restore your iPhone in recovery mode, So first you have to put in recovery mode and then Erase your iPhone Using iTunes/Finder. You have to use Finder/iTunes for Recovery mode restore, Use Finder on macOS Catalina or later macOS, Use iTunes on MacOS Mojave, or Earlier.
- Open Finder on Mac, MacBook.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes/Finder using a lightning USB cable. Unlock your iPhone using a passcode.
- Next, put your iPhone in recovery mode, Quickly Press and Release volume up button and Volume down button, Now only Press and Hold on Side/Power button until your Finder/iTunes window show Recovery mode restore popup.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume down button and Sleep/Wake button, Wait for your Finder/iTunes will show Recover mode restore popup on the screen.
- iPhone 6/6 Plus: Press and Hold Sleep-Wake button and Home button until your iPhone see Recovery mode popup.
- Click on the Restore button, to start erasing the device and install new software on your iPhone.
Solution 6. Restore iPhone in DFU mode
DFU mode, aka Device Firmware Update Mode, is an aspect that puts frozen iPhones into working mode. And since the latest iPhone flagship is stuck at a blue screen, you must try putting iPhone into DFU Mode by following the steps below.
iPhone iPhone, 8, SE X, XS, XR, 11, 12, or 13 model
- Disable iPhone and plug it to the Mac using the trusted cable.
Note: Mac computer running on macOS Catalina uses Finder. For PC or Mac running on macOS Mojave or earlier will need iTunes. And the same method is implied on iPhone 8.
- Ensure Finder or iTunes are running.
- Long press the Side Button for at least 3-5 seconds.
- Simultaneously press the Volume Down for 10 seconds.
- Let out the Side Button but keep pressing Volume Down Button for at least five seconds.
- Release Volume Down. If the screen of the iPhone illuminates, it means the device has entered DFU mode.
To get out from the DFU mode, instantly press the Volume Up Key, then press the Volume Down Key, and then press Side Key.
For iPhone 7 and later users
- Switch Off the iOS device, and connect Mac or Windows PC using a trustable cable.
- Ensure that Finder or iTunes.
- Press Side Key for at least 3 seconds.
- At the same point, while pressing the Side Button, simultaneously press Home Key for 10 seconds.
- Let out both keys. If the illuminated but blank means your boots are up to the DFU mode.
If you want to boot to normal mode, long-press Side and Volume Keys until the iPhone restarts.
Solution 7. Contact Apple Support
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds solve the iPhone Blue screen of death. It’s time to Contact Apple Support Team as we tried every possible way. For example, If you’re living in the Washington Dc, then get Apple Store Address.
Blue screen of death is often on iPhone. Hence users were found to be worried about the problem. You can quickly fix the issue by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article.